“Excellent location”

DJ Citi Point Hotel
Natal, RN
“Excellent location”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We arrived late at the Kuala Terengganu Bus Terminal , so we had to stay somewhere nearby . We found the clean hotel within a 5 min walking range.
Lots os shops and restaurants and money changers around. Next to the Tourist office .
Small room, but very clean and everything functioning well.
89 Ringgit, not cheap, but worth the money . For 1 night perfect place.

Room Tip: Steep stairs , so if you have a lot of luggage, choose a room on the first floor
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ocarinhoso1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Indonesian first
Eastbourne
Reviewed December 25, 2012

The online booking process was not very polite...it is all very well saying on the website that prices go up during Malaysian school holidays but non-Malaysians will not know when these are and dates are not given...when it was finally established that I had to pay the school holiday higher price I agreed to it, thinking that it would be the same everywhere but I later found that this was not the case. The increase was approximately 30% on the usual non-school holiday price and I can think of no other reason for this than greed.
As it was the school holidays there were several Malaysian families staying there and allowing their children to run up and down the corridors and banging on the doors of other family members as well as shouting - this went on well into the evening and began again quite early in the morning. Instead of charging extra in the school holidays the hotel should be giving a discount to those who stay without children.
The rooms are on the 1st and 2nd floors (UK numbering of floors) and there is no elevator and no offer of help with luggage (fortunately, not heavy) for an elderly person
The room was small and basic and the shower room/bathroom had a dangerous shallow step leading into the shower area which was easy to miss - no toiletries apart from liquid soap dispenser in the shower area. Two coffee mugs were provided but no kettle or sachets of coffee or tea bags. There were only a few channels on the TV - including HBO - but no news channels in English.
The location is not too bad - there are some local restaurants opposite but they were not not too friendly - however, it is a short walk to Chinatown where the restaurants are better and you can get a beer! (keep walking down Jalan Cina until you get to the arch - the restaurants are just before the arch and also beyond it)
The bus terminal is nearby - as well as long-distance buses this is where you get the 02 wooden bus to the State Museum, the Crystal Mosque and the Islamic Civilization Park. The local market and the waterfront are nearby...incidentally, there is a very helpful Tourist Information Office almost next door to the hotel.
The only thing that I asked the hotel to do for me was to book a taxi for 6.30am for the airport and this was done efficiently.
On walking around Kuala Terranganu I discovered two or three hotels where, for only about $US5 more I could have stayed in a more pleasant place, sometimes with breakfast thrown in!
I understand that this hotel has transportation advantages with the proximity of the bus terminal and, I believe, a ferry jetty, but if these are not of paramount importance then I would not recommend staying here, especially not during Malaysian school holidays!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Trav53
DJCitiPoint, General Manager at DJ Citi Point Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Greetings from DJ Citi Point Hotel,

First and foremost, thank you for your feedback. I would like to take this opportunity to clarify some points. Firstly, when you filled up the reservation inquiry form we responded and informed you that there will be a surcharge of RM 20 nett on all room categories. Your room price without the surcharge is RM 69. It is not our policy to increase our prices without any justification or without informing our guest prior to check in. Secondly in Malaysia, we do not practise discrimination whereby all guest with or without children are welcome to stay at our hotel and the price depends on the room category. (not depending if guest are staying with children). Just to stress the point, we are a budget hotel (room prices starts from RM 69nett), our priority is to ensure a cosy, clean and comfortable room to all our guest which includes all main facility such as free wifi service, attached bathrooms with clean towels, 3 in 1 soap, shampoo & conditioner, strong water pressure with constant hot water. In order to provide the maximum comfort, at this price we are unable to provide all the necessary facilities like coffee sachets etc. However we do sell them at a very reasonable price, our 3 in 1 nescafe sachets is priced only at RM 0.80 each and comes with a free stirer. On top of that we provide complimentary hot and cold drinking water machines on all floors. We also provide up to 8 satellite tv channels which includes sports,movies,news & dramas in english and local language. To maintain a reasonable price, we do not provide a lift as the rooms are located on the 1st & 2nd floor. However, it is clearly stated at the lobby, we do provide porter service for free if our guest needs help to carry their luggage to and from their rooms. I hope I have clairified some issues here as it is important for us to ensure our guest are always satisfied and feel comfortable staying at our hotel. Thank you once again.

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Terengganu hotels

Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Check in On 20 October 2012 and Check Out on 21 October 2012, Customer s 43 Pax
Stayed at DJ CITI POINT HOTEL are very happy with rooms and the services.
I just thought I should write to let you know that My customers enjoyed stay at your hotel.
In recent memory thanks to the outstanding service that there received.
overall it is a good budget hotel and good value for money!

Room Tip: Value for money
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank ROSEMALAYSIAENT
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was staying at this hotel for 3 nights (14th Sept – 17th Sept). I came here based on the good review from Trip Advisor. Well, everything was true, the receptionist was very friendly and the check in process was smooth too. I can’t remember their name but I think they know who they are :)

The first thing that I’ll always do every time I enter the room is to check the air-cond whether it’s functioning or not. And then the tv channels and the bathroom. I’m glad everything was in a good condition and I can sense my stay gonna be ok. The hotel is just a walking distance to the famous Pasar Payang. And if you wanna go to Kampung Losong or Bukit Tok Beng for their famous Keropok Lekor (fish cracker), you can simply drive your car there because it just about 10-20 minutes away from the hotel. But if you travel by your legs, the bus and the taxi station is just nearby. In fact, the bus station is actually one of their landmarks :) The KFC, McDonald’s, 7-eleven and Secret Recipe are also nearby. You should try their deep fried fish, squid and prawns that coated with flour mixture at Seberang Takir too…yummehh! If you are a foodie like me, you will never get hungry in Kuala Terengganu!

Here I wanna share something about the hotel hospitality. I went out for cycling on the Saturday morning. It was very unlucky when my tire punctured at Chendering. I straight away called the hotel asking for help. They called a taxi to fetch me up. But before the taxi came, a group of local cyclist already helps me to change the tire. So, I had to cancel the taxi which is, of course, makes the taxi driver pissed off. To make the situation worst, my tire punctured for a second time. I had to call the hotel again asking for another taxi because I don’t think it’s a good idea to fix the tire and then continue the rides again. The receptionist patiently helps me to solve the problem eventhough I know that they might be scolded for cancelling the first trip. I really appreciate what they did for me.The hospitality is 5 stars!

I really recommend this hotel to anyone especially for those who want to enjoy simplicity but yet very comfortable and clean hotel…and yes, it’s cheap too! Will definitely stay again next time!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank avidrider
DJCitiPoint, Owner at DJ Citi Point Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear avirider,

Thank you for staying with us ! I am thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were very satisfied with your stay and our hospitality. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to DJ Citi Point Hotel where our guest are our priority.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is our second time staying here as transit to redang island. Strategic location, 5 minutes to shahbandar jetty and surrounding with hawker center.

Room is just nice with aircond and water heater. Most important, it is clean. A bit noisy at night around 11pm by the motorbike outside as it face main road.

Small convenience stall can be found at the reception. Snack, drink, sundries are with reasonable prices.

As it is a walk-up hotel, no lift nor escalator, you may prepare a small bag to take only those necessary for one night stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank syongt
DJCitiPoint, Guest Relations Manager at DJ Citi Point Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Greetings from DJ Citi Point Hotel!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to give us your valuable feedback.

Our guests are our pride and we strive to be the best budget hotel in Kuala Terengganu. We hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Very good budget hotel, strategic location as it is situated in the middle of the town. Nearby to the famous pasar payang, the management staff is really really friendly, the room is very clean and spacious for a budget hotel, overall it is a good budget hotel and good value for money!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank shariha_roseley

Reviewed August 11, 2012

overall it is value of money but it just next to mosque, can hear the prayer clearly for long time .. it is now more than one hour n perhaps can finish soon..
the distance from hotel to jetty merang is a little far, about 45 min drive ..

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Nancy2326
Greetings from DJ Citi Point Hotel!

Our hotel is very close to Shahbandar Jetty which is the port for many ferries to Redang Island, one of the most popular Islands here. A few selected Islands/resorts operate from the other two ports ie Merang or Marang. Merang is around 45 minutes away from our hotel. Marang is around 30 minutes drive from our hotel.