“Budget chalet in Redang? Here it is!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Redang Lagoon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kuala Terengganu
Redang Lagoon
Kuala Lumpur
“Budget chalet in Redang? Here it is!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed at Redang Lagoon after browsed over budget chalet in Redang. We booked 3d2n package with this chalet at only RM280/ person. The chalet is located at beachfront. Great view. Most of the chalet is Malay style with bathroom attached. The foods? It was great! I love everything they served. From breakfast, lunch, hi tea till dinner, everything was superb in taste and selections. They also have BBQ buffet where they served marinated fishes, chickens, beefs and prawns. It was yummy. I think this place is cater to backpacker who are keen to experience Redang in budget.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Double room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank poobritney

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

This place is located in between two spectacular beachfront. It just a basic chalet with attached bathroom but no heater. The staff are fantastic especially Man who was very helpful during my stay. The water is crystal clear and great for snorkelling and scuba diving.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank lina1988
クアラルンプール, マレーシア
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stayed at Redang Lagoon from 3rd May to 6th May 2012. This is a traditional Malay kamupng style resort. My malay friend told me that from the dishes to the room, reminds him of his grandmother's house in the countryside. Please note that this resort is not luxury or amazing type. Just simple and basic.
The location is perfect. White sand, crystal clear water, beautiful beach. In front of the resort, we could see a lot of fish swimming.
Staffs are friendly and nice. We found very comfortable to stay with them.
The room has air-cond. Our room didn't have hot shower but some other rooms do. Quite clean but I found some dust on the bed frame. The bed sheets, towels floor and toilet are clean.
Very quiet at night. If need any entertainment at night, just walk to some other resorts near by. Anyway it's good for those who like to have good sleep.
The best part is its low rate. Affordable to almost everyone. I am happy to pay this amount and get this service and the room in the paradise.
And we have another plan to go there again in July.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bunnies_mum-R
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

My husband and I went there on early April 2012. The Lady Owner greeted me and husband at the reception counter. She was not much of a help as we are locals, because we saw how different she acted around foreigners. Typical!
Kind of shocked at first when we walked into our room. It was small and worn-out. But somehow, until the second day, I managed to adjust myself. I must point out that the wall was very thin. We can hear people next door conversed and even farted. Believe it!

The food was delicious, but it is only Malay food they served everyday. I believe for foreigners, they not have much of a choice.

There is only 1 TV area (no TV in room) next to the dining hall. So, it was a little bit boring especially at night because we have nothing else to do.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IraAdrene
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

At check-in we found out that the 10-minute boat trip for the airport was not included in the price (only a much longer trip from the mainland was!) and we had to pay 100RM each way! Went to our room to find it was full of rubbish and had to go back to get another clean one. Poor food too. Good location, but all other resorts seemed to have a bar and spa except for this one.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MichaelCamilleri

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Terengganu hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed only one night because we arrived one day before our reservation in another resort.
We found the room very basic, bathroom was terrible. The location is very nice and the staff is kindly but this is the only good thing. I hope they will renew the place as soon as possible. Prices are low but if you search for confort and cleaness please choose another place.
We are used to travel a lot also with low budget but this place is under the limit.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Ilbriz
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

Stayed here last week (25th to 27th May) for 3d 2n. I found it very incredible for its cleanliness of the room & the beach stretch. The crystal clear water is stunning during the day!
Food wise is very good even it served in limited serving. Fried fish was so crispy & sweet! BBQ dinner for our last night there. 3x of snorkeling trips was so wonderful. My kids really enjoyed it though my eldest was a bit scared but they can swim & snorkel safely with the guide around them. Thanks to Man & Yo :)
The room is so cosy. My hubby & kids had a good sleep. Well maintain by Uncle Haris & his wife. I am so proud of them coz this is the one & only Muslim resort there I guess. They even have "qiblat" shown on the ceiling.
I will definitely come back here soon & now busy recommending friends about this cool place :) I really missed Redang Lagoon!

Room Tip: Quad room for 4 pax is great :)
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family