“Current Review”
Review of Meadowood Inn

Meadowood Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arkville
Meadowood Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Arkville B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We booked 2 queen beds for three adults in early May, 2013 for June 6-7-8. Allegedly a storm damaged our rooms and the computer was knocked out. Both assertions by management are in doubt. We had get to a rehearsal dinner were convinced to take a dumpy, dank room with a queen and futon. The reservation was recalled (though the computer was down) and it turned out our rooms had been given to another guest.There was no closet, no curtains and the view was of a servant's entrance, a tumble down garage to rear, an unsightly home across the street with tall grass. We were charged $149 plus tax. Needless to say we only stayed the night and left after breakfast. The breakfast was good but not worth $149. The reviews from 2009 are out of date!

Room Tip: Have a back-up plan in case your are disappointed and do not trust the innkeeper.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were invited to a wedding in Roxbury, NY and called numerous hotels, motels, and B&B's close to our party destination. We were pleasantly surprised to have such a great stay at this Bed and Breakgast. Our room was great - Queen size bed, Jacuuzi/shower, extra sitting area, TV, and the owner Tonya prepares the most delicious home made breakfast just to add to the great experience. Very quant. We had friends staying in nearby motels and they complained how disappointed they were in their accommodations. We feel we lucked out.

Room Tip: We went on line and it shows the different rooms at the B&B. Our room was on the second floor...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My family and I have been staying at the Meadowood Inn since Tanya opened and it truly is our home in the Catskills. Being a 40 year vet of the area, I've stayed in them all and the Meadowood is always my first call for my family and friends. Rooms are warm and clean, breakfast is killer and Tanya is an awesome host. The hotel is always filled with respectful families and quiet couples, not a place for a loud drinking crowd. Great location for 2 local ski areas, golf, mountain biking, Belleayre Music Festival,hiking, antiquing or just some quiet time in the mountains.

Room Tip: Upstairs room are my favorite.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NYSEski
Reviewed October 20, 2011

When our original reservation at another B&B fell through at the last minute, we were sent to the Meadowood Inn. While not what we expected, we had a pleasant enough stay. The house is a purpose built turn of the (20th) century Victorian B&B that is a bit worn around the edges and is clearly in need of some upgrades. It is furnished in a kind of shabby chic style with a heavily cluttered front room/dining room in what may be an attempt to evoke a Victorian feel, but which is more reminiscent of a flea market. A bright spot was the tasteful and abundant breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2009

We had a great time at the Meadowood Inn and Tanya was an excellent host. We booked 3 rooms and each one is unique on it's own and we were all very satisfied with our stay. We had a great time at Robert's Auction and the ice cream at Casey Joe's was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank maria817
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We booked this B&B at the last minute - called up about half an hour before leaving from New Jersey, so we were lucky to find somewhere in the Catskills on a Saturday night for one night only.

The owner Tanya was very friendly over the phone and took great care to explain the facilities in each room and send a route description. Apparently some GPS systems send people in the wrong direction but we found it easily.

The house is an older wooden Victorian style with a porch at the front. In the reception area, there is a reading area with lots of local information, games and a small collection of DVDs. There's access to a bar fridge, a water fountain, and tea and coffee at any time (black tea, decaf black tea, chamomile and green tea, plus hot chocolate).

Tanya had some suggestions for dinner, which turned out to be helpful, plus for a local hike.

We were in the Burroughs suite. It was very big with an enormous king size bed, and side room with day bed/fold out bed, and some extra cupboards. The bathroom was small but clean. There had obviously been a lot of thought put into the decorations, creating a homely "shabby chic" feel. I had no issues with the pillows, although there were copious quantities of decorative pillows on the bed.

The breakfast was nice, with organic strawberry yoghurt over granola, then pancakes (some with banana) with maple syrup, three types of jam (one was strawberry, rhubarb and chilli) and sausage, OJ or cranberry juice and coffee/tea.

And it was only $109 for the room - incredible value! We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WinnieBNewJersey
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I am surprised how much I liked going to the Catskills all because of the manager/owner Tanya. I arrived with special needs for myself and my elderly Mother, and she was extremely accomodating. We had separate rooms, mine faced the front on the second story with a lovely view. Tanya directed us where to go, where to eat- and it was great! Beforehand she even helped me navigate how to get there and with finding a rental car company in Kingston and the bus back to the city. I don't know what the other reviewer was talking about, my Mom got the pillows she wanted, and I asked for foam pillows to support my neck, and our rooms were immacualte. Breakfast was freshly made, and I enjoyed fruit and juice on the front porch. A wonderful place to relax, and I cannot wait to go back there for ski season! I will review our stay then too.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank nk190

Been to Meadowood Inn? Share your experiences!