“Great place and good diving ..”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dungun
Tenggol Coral Beach Resort
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Was visiting Tenggol island in April 2014 , group of 4 of us, we took the quad sharing room. The room is superb, spacious for 4 pax, hot shower and air-conditioning worked very well. Overall a very cosy room.

The food which is part of the package was really good, buffet style dining.

Activity like snorkelling and diving can be done here, we did diving, the arrangement was done well , and knowledgeable staffs.

The only set back was when arriving at the resort no one will greet us , and we have to around and ask for our rooms. They should improve on this.

Other then that the overall experience was really good.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank tamil1111

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We enjoyed staying at Coral Beach Resort at Tenggol Island. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The diving was great, saw turtles, black tip reef shark, nice house wreck ...! If we had had the time we definitely would have stayed another day or two!

Room Tip: If you go diving, don't skip the housewreck. It's worth it, even though it's a shore div...
3  Thank bianca9574
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This is truly a hidden hideaway with white sands and clear waters. Was here for a 3D2N dive trip and as we drove from Singapore the night before arrival, a helpful staff called us to make sure we safely arrived on mainland and confirmed with us our ferry time to Island. He even met us at Tenggol jetty and brought us breakfast in town (paying for it too! And denied the money we gave) that's awesome customer service. Thank you Adrian.
Upon arrival on Island after around 40 mins by speedboat, we were met by Marcus who was friendly and helpful too. Infact I cannot find any flaws in their customer service at this resort. Our chef prepared good food. Our divemaster Zarif was fun and dive safe, dive equipment are new and well maintained too. We are fortunate to have good vis and such for our dives. It's better than Perhentians.
Rooms were basic though and there is hot water heater and air-conditioning too. No TVs but who cares coz we are here to dive and enjoy the sun sand and sea. Would we be coming again? I am sure we will even with the dreaded 8 hrs drive up to Dungun.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank ToiFamily
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was there from 14 March to 18 March'14.

The island has only 2 active resort operators. This resort is slightly more expensive as they want to be the premium one compared to the other resort.

All the while Tenggol Island has been shared among the divers community only as diving is the main activity here. But recently this resort has been promoting snorkeling & started to offer snorkeling packages too. Hence I ended up there as a snorkeler.

An improvement from this year onwards is there are 24hrs electricity supply, although you'll probably be out diving or snorkeling or being on the beach during the day anyway. The food (4 meals/day) provided was above average for an underdeveloped island. There's air-cond & water heater in each room too. Bed was still new as the management has refurbished the place last year.

The main highlight of this place is that the corals & marine life is still very much well preserved except for the route that is frequently passed by boats. So just by swimming 10 - 20 meters from the beach, you can see beautiful corals already. Besides corals, some of their main highlights are whale sharks, black tip sharks, barracudas, lobsters, sting rays, turtles (including laying eggs) that regularly patron the places around the island. I'm lucky to see some of those highlights even though the monsoon season has just ended.

Will definitely want to come back whenever there's a chance.

Room Tip: There are 2 types of room if I recall correctly; either bay view of beach front. I visited both type...
4  Thank Eunihorn
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Tenggol Corol Beach Resort its really a paradise! I miss the time when i dive in Tenggol. The dive master are very professional and experienced, i enjoy every dives with them. Dive site in Tenggol is amazing, we can always see a lot marine life while we dive. The room is basic, clean with air-con and hot shower. Everyday 4 meals included, delicious asian style buffet, 4 or 5 hot dishes, soup, salad, fruits and dessert, you will never feel hungry! They also have friendly and helpful staff. I will definitely come back next year! Can't wait to dive in the paradise!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shen72
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a nice place to visit. I wish to have a sea wedding here. It is really awesome experience to be here. I wish that I able to bring and promote all my friends to visit this place. Please don't hesitate to tell me if there any promotion at your place

2  Thank aisya h
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Get my PADI OW License @ September 2013 at Tenggol Coral Beach Resort. Place is nice, serene and clean with friendly staffs. Accommodation is comfy with all the basic necessities such as hot water shower, 24 hours electricity, air cond, good food - fusion and many more. The water is superb too. Clean blue ocean with abundance of marine life.

Many thanks to my instructor for your effort to guide me during the course. Dive gear/equipment is new. Easy access dive centre with helpful staff. And the dives is WOW - I just Love it!!

I did dive in Indonesia during the monsoon season but Tenggol is just the better place for me. This prompt me to go to Tenggol Coral again to get my AW course (just finish my AW 2 days back). Now with my AW, I will explore more dives site in Tenggol. Wait for me Tenggol, I will be back!!!

Steve - KL

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank stevechan83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dungun
The Qamar Paka, Terengganu
#1 of 10 in Dungun
No photo provided
Saba Lodge Dungun
#3 of 7 in Dungun

Been to Tenggol Coral Beach Resort? Share your experiences!