My wife and me were being pampered by the staffs, services and ambience in Tanjong Jara Resort (TJR) during our stayed in early of November 2010 for five nights.
All the staffs in TJR are nice, friendly, helpful and attentive, right down from the resort manager (Mr. Eric Tea) to the gardeners and cleaners. We were warmly greeted and welcome upon arrival and all the times whenever we meet them in the resort during our stayed.
The resort is being well maintained to keep to the SLH standard, located near to a vast sandy beach and surrounded with a clean and tidy garden.
We were staying in the Anjung Room 1601, is one of the semi detachable villas with best view located in the resort, was told by the guest relationship manager (Miss Gin), the room is large and well decorated with comfortable ambience, including a spacious toilet and outdoor bathtub with a full range of amenities as needed.
We like to seat on the veranda outside our room at the afternoon with cup of coffee, enjoying the direct sea view just right in front of us with beautiful rolling waves and lovely sea breeze, chatting with our best neighbour friends and playing bubbles with their lovely 2 years old daughter.
We also spending our time in the Spa Village for couples massage treatment to relax and unwind our body, their staffs are nice and providing professional massage skill, strongly recommended Pak Yahya for man if traditional Malay massage preferable.
We have most our meals in the Nelayan and Di Atas Sungai Restaurant, with choice of western foods and local delight, foods are delicious and well presented, Chef Ann is very polite and helpful.
We have been invited to join their management cocktail which to be held at the poolside Teratai Bar, having a chance to chat with most of the resort management staffs and others guest in the resort if you want to. We like Satay to be served in the management cocktail
The Kampung life activities have shown us the traditional culture of Terengganu State. The most impressed us is most of the resort staffs have involves in this one hour activities, introduced and serving local food (keropok lekor, apom, etc) and playing games (congkak, sepak takraw, etc) with the guests, demonstrated and teaching batik drawing to promote the best handicraft in Terengganu, and explaining the traditional living style of Terengganu people to foreigner guests.
Tanjong Jara Resort is a perfect place with quiet and nature atmosphere for relaxing and unwinding ourselves.
We are enjoying staying in TJR and looking forward to come back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia