Tanjong Jara Resort
$33
$27
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
Cukai View Hotel(Kemaman District)
1,464 results
All reviewschef anndi atas sungeinelayan restaurantserambi roomspa villageday bedmain restaurantthe east coastour honeymoonteratai terraceadult poolprawnsfishspa treatmentssea view roomrelaxing holidayhuge bathroom
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Well We just left there on the 16July 2010. 5 day stay,The place has undergone massive upgrades it is 5 star+. The grounds are second to none, the pools the beach it has it all. The rooms are magnificent as a hospitality person myself i spoke to as many guests as i could and every one loved the place. The rooms are polished timber, beautifully decorated and have non stop service . you walk out and bang they are there to clean, switch on lights reset bedding set up the evening mood ect.
Ps we stayed on a very very low cost package and were still treated like King and Queen. The staff service and friendliness are 11 out of 10 .
We stayed in 4 hotels over our 2 week trip including Langkawi but t Tanjong Jara left the others for dead.

Peter . Queensland Australia

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2010

As UK expats living and working in Malaysia we are lucky enough to have easy access to some great holiday destinations. Tanjong Jara (TJ) is owned by the YTL group and we have stayed at almost all of their properties and they are lovely. TJ is our favourite.

It is set on a stunning beach on the South China Sea and is the only hotel there. If this were Europe there would be a host of resorts crowding the space but often you can wander along the beach on your own.

Don't be put off by the area around the resort. Much is covered with oil refineries and many of the immediate area is fairly delapidated but once through the gate of TJ you are in another world.

The staff are great and if you are an expat living in Malaysia there is fantastic all-inclusive rate which means you pay only for drinks and extras such as spa treatments. We have been there many times and have always been looked after very well. It is about five hours drive from KL.

Don't go there if you want a host of activities for the kids. It is no Club Med but that is why we like it. There is a beautiful pool, tennis courts, the spa is stunning. It gives you a real feeling of peace and quite.

The food is great and the service friendly - particularly if you have kids. The in-room wireless internet connection is dodgy but it certainly doesn't hurt to get away from that for a while.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2010

The place is beautiful but the rooms need to be renovated. at first site the room looked great then we noticed some stains on the beds, the bathroom looks really old and some of the decorations of the room were... missing?
The only big problem was the air-conditioning which was extremely noisy.
We only stayed one night, so I can't say much. The swimming pool near the beach was nice, very good for relax. the beach was quite empty but I don't know how good it is for snorkeling, the waves were rather big so I guess you cannot see much.
Because of our short stay I cannot really comment on the service, but we had no problem anyway.
It seemed a good place if you wanted to relax, but I don't know if I would go back, I think you can find much better places to stay.
We were doing the Kuoni "Malaysia in style" tour.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kay-bologna-zurich
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Lovely,clean,endless beach.
The Resort is doing a lot to maintain this clean standard.
The facilities are very well embedded into nature and the buildings are build in the traditional Malaysian style.We do not understand the negative reviews from the past few months and we are very glad to have gone to Tanjong Jara anyway. If small details would also be taken serious by staff, the 5 stars would be well earned. Nevertheless the staff was very friendly and helpful and we were treated to extras (immediate change of room to a more private one, late breakfast to the villa).
We absolutely recommend Tanjong Jara to people who enjoy resorts that are close to nature with no entertainment but privacy.
Once again, we had an absolutely fantastic stay !

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OliverJames11
Reviewed April 26, 2010

1. Location: far. An hour by car from airport at Kuala Terengganu, the capital of the state. But its remoteness also makes it nicely secluded.

2. Staff: wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. All you could ask for on a holiday trip, makes up for the hotel shortcomings (see later).

3. Food is local fare. Which is good if that is exotic to you; not so good if you're from the region and eat them almost daily. Very fresh ingredients, though.

4. No convenience stores near the resort, but some eateries are around.

5. Pure bad luck and not much fault of the resort. But when I was there, I experienced a black-out, which lasted for about 3+ hours, delaying dinnertime (but staff was extremely nice and apologetic over the whole issue). And, like in a comedy, the water ran out while I still had shampoo on my head. Resort was quick to try to respond to the issue but water only came back about 5 hours later (4 a.m.). (For those of you who are curious, I washed my hair out with drinking water as best as I could . . . )

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple