The moment we stepped out of our car, we were greeted warmly by the staff and ushered to the lobby served with cold tower and welcome drink.
The staff was very detail in explaining and informing us of the necessary things like the breakfast, spa etc. Soon after that we we lead to our room. Ours was the Serambi suite. I fell in love with the architecture and the surroundings. I never knew that just across the border, our neighbour has a magnificent resort with an affordable price.
As we enter our suite i was more surprised as our suite and the bathroom was large and spacious. Seriously, I've never expected it to be this spacious! They have provided a generous amount of toiletries (see picture). I was one satisfied guest! Heheheee
Alright, this i'm not sure if they still have it. As i can remember we reached the resort on a saturday afternoon past lunch time ang going to be dinner soon. So we were kind of hungry and was trying to just have some snacks as its going to be dinner soon.
Lucky us we arrive on a saturday. They have this cultural thing that they introduce from 5pm to 6pm every saturday where their staff will gather to play the state cultural stuff like congkak, kompang, sepaktakraw and monkey climbing. Guest are invited to join in. On top of that, there are several huts preparing Terengganu famous delicacies like keropok lekor, cucur pisang, lemang and serunding daging (this one very tasty!) apam balik and otak-otak (so sedap/delicious too!) for us to endulge in like having a picnic. The best part is, the delicacies are on the house!
It was a wonderful experienced. I can't wait to go there again Jan 2009.
In the mean time, i'll let the pictures do the talking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia