Spent 2 nights there with my family. Fantastic stay, would love to be back in the future! Highly recommend.
- the very professional and smiling staff. Service-wise, from check-in to check-out, this place is hard to beat.
- the huge and clean swimming pool with view on the sea. The delicious western restaurant attached to it (different menu for lunch and dinner. Both headed by a French chef).
- the outstanding rooms! Absolutely wonderful inside. Very comfy beds.
- the calmness. My guess is that the hotel was only 20-40% full when we stayed last week, but all services were fully available. Felt like a vip everywhere. Never saw more than 5 people at a time on the vast (private) beach.
We didnt like:
- the rooms are close to the beach (20-40 meter at most) but the view is obstructed by either palm trees or other rooms. Not really the "sea view" we were expecting but not totally disappointing either.
- the spa. 2 of us had a pleasant massage, but two of us had a terrible one. After complaining we were offered to receive a complimentary massage the following day (we appreciated the move but had to decline cause we were short on time).
- in both our rooms the lock on the front door had what seemed like long lasting issues. They definitely need to be fixed!
Rooms: Do ask for a sea view even if that means paying a little extra. Take a room on the ground floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia