We stayed for five days this month; my partner and I are agreed this is one of the nicest places we've ever booked into. Aimed at couples and families, the resort is first rate with beautiful spacious air conditioned rooms with sea views, comfy beds and satellite TV. The two pools are lovely, with a relaxed atmosphere and attentive staff; then again there's always the sea which is like bathing in tea, it's so warm.
The bars are high quality and the food is excellent - my GF is very hard to please in this area but she was deeply impressed with what we had to eat, and so was I.The prices of drinks however are very top heavy and really need looking at.
It's the staff who make a place and the team here is first rate. Emma and the Chef Anne are superb in the restaurant, but special mention must be made of the brilliant aquatic sports people, based on site, who are recruited from places like the US and the UK - they're extremely well qualified, very reassuring - particularly Amy, the scuba instructor from Baltimore. She got me out scuba diving - something I didn't know I could do. The undersea wildlife is fantastic in this region, by the way. So that was really thrilling and a real highlight of my holiday. But everyone here is very friendly and it was quite a wrench to leave.
Great place to wind down, can't recommend it highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia