A group of us, friends and their families, made our way to Tanjong Jara on the first day they opened after renovating the resort. Some of us flew into Kuala Terengganu airport and either took a taxi (cost RM120) or rented a car (RM150 per day). The others drove down from Kuala Lumpur. We came to the conclusion that there is not much difference, but driving down only took less that 5 hours and was a pleasant drive.
They greeted us with a gong on arrival and personally checked us into our rooms. The rooms were good, large and clean. Had a resort feeling to the rooms. The beach was lovely but we could not go in as the tides were high. They organise daily activities, such as cycling, cooking classes, jungle trekking etc and you need to book a day earlier. They have a Kampung Life experience evening on Saturday evenings which is worth attending. The food was very good, but the choices were slightly limited. I would give the resort a 4.5 rating. My 0.5 reduction is due to a mediocre gym with old machines, absence of room service and need for an extended food variety and need to improve the buffet breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia