My stay with two teenage boys was perfection indeed. We benefitted from there being few guests as it was the start of the rainy season, and had a room upgrade to sea facing. The rooms were sublime: beautiful colonial style so much dark wood and shutters and wispy fabric. The bathrooms were huge and plentifully stocked every day. The customer service was second to none - they were incredibly proactive and thoughtful. They called me Miss .... every day which I loved. I was very sad to leave and cannot wait to go back.
There was not much for my two teenage boys to 'do' per se, but they were happy to swim and read by the stunning infinity pool. The resort is exquisitely kept and a real haven of peace. Better suited to couples but we were very happy there.
A point to note is that there is NO snorkelling off the resort - you have to get a motorboat to the nearby island, which is quite expensive to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia