The hotel lobby was inviting, but the resort sure needs refurbishment to keep up with its 5 star standard. Breakfast was quite disappointing for an award-winning resort. Same food served daily there, juz rearrange the location of the food items! Wifi is limited to restaurants and the lobby, disappointing! Wish they had it at pool area! The bubble spa treat at the pool is not auto, so u gotta constantly get up to press the button- irritating n half of the holes are stuck!! :( The Di Atas Sungei restaurant, river It did not flow as stated on the website, and stunk :( Activities at the resort are a lot but everything has a price and it is not cheap either!! Was bitten by mozzie in room even though they had lit up the mozzie coil.
For Dinner u can take a 10min walk to CB Wee Restaurant along the main road- food not that great but the only walking distant restaurant outside of hotel. or head to Dungun town for a meal @ Ban Yeow Seafood Restaurant.
**Saving grace is that the beach is quite clean and quiet! Enjoyed the beach while we were there!:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia