We chose this resort based on location and reviews from others. This was a family trip and our 1st time to East Coast Malaysia to celebrate my father's b'day.
The resort is isolated and was great to relax and enjoy the surroundings and facilities. This was exactly what we wanted.
There was a good choice of food in particular the Nelayan - great for a light lunch. Would recommend taking advantage of the great seafood options. We also visited the renowned Di Atas Sungei for dinner. Chef Ann and her team put together some fantastic dishes. For our dad's b'day they had also organised a cake which was a lovely surprise for him.
We visited the night market and booked a day trip to Terrenganu stopping en route to get an appreciation of this part of Malaysia. Our guide was knowledgeable and introduced us to what the locals enjoy on special occasions Nasi Biryani Ayam. We visited a batik factory and a local cultural village as well as the central market.
The organised culture day was a nice way to meet other guests and staff.
Throughout our stay the staff were always very friendly, helpful and attentive and very polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Cancelon, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia