We recently spent a week at Tanjong Jara to celebrate our 35th anniversary. It met all our expectations and more. The layout and gardens are beautiful, as are the rooms. I cannot understand the comments of those people who have said the rooms are "old." You can't have new looking rooms in hotels unless they are redecorated every 3-4 years, which would increase the price enormously. For what it offers, Tanjong Jara is remarkably reasonable. The rooms are immaculately clean and well maintained, as are all the facilities. The highlight, however, is the service, which is superb. All the staff, without exception, are friendly and helpful, and we would like to especially thank Hisham, Chef Ann, Aziz, Zul and Captain Mokh, all of whom helped make it a memorable holiday. We loved the turtle trip, especially the chance to see the just hatched rare Olive Ridley turtles. Snorkelling at Tenggol was also excellent. I had read reports that the coral was in poor condition, but this was not the case, and the island itself is beautiful. Our visit to the market with Chef Ann and the subsequent cooking class was great, and I have already cooked her recipes twice since arriving back. Finally the river cruise was a great pleasure, and we were fascinated to see how palm sugar was made. Since getting back, I have been enthusiastically recommending Tanjong Jara to my patients, and hopefully many of them will take the opportunity to go. If I have one very small criticism, it is that the dinner menu at Nelayan, while good quality, lacks a little of the vibrancy of the dishes available at Di Atas Sungei. Other than that, wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia