My recent trip here was as close to perfect as you'd get with resorts in Malaysia. It's really lovely!
1) Service - everyone knows your name. And they greet you. And smile at you. And try to be really friendly and helpful. Special mention to Mei Gin (hope I spelt the name properly), who helped suggested activities, extended my check-out time without my asking, and, gave me helpful driving directions.
2) Landscaping - Very well landscaped. The hotel is spread out enough to feel spacious, but everything is accessible, it didn't feel like we had to walk forever to get anywhere.
3) The beach is all yours. Really, even when we knew there were plenty of guests, the beach was nearly all empty.
4) Food - enjoyed the lunch at Nelayan, and dinner at Di-atas Sungei. The 'talking' menu is certainly something a local like myself will identify with - it means we can get our dishes customized to our liking! Breakfast could be better in my opinion, but nothing to complain about.
5) Kampung Life - This is an activity held in the evening on Saturdays, where you get a chance to sample local games, cultural activities, food, and socialize with others in the resort. Easily the highlight of our stay.
1) Not a bad, really - I had a minor problem with the water heater. The problem was fixed promptly, but since I needed to shower immediately to make my dinner appointment, the resort arranged for me to have my shower taken at another villa.
2) There are bugs in this resort. Do remember to bring your insect repellent.
All in, absolutely recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia