Mayangsari Dungun
$24
$32
$27
Agoda.com
Cukai View Hotel(Kemaman District)
$28
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed in a three-bedded room for RM380. The place we stayed is actually a four bedded single story house. One of the rooms has been rented and I only learnt that there is another separate door to the room. It was very unpleasant to learn that you are occupying a house with another stranger next door. The house looks very old considering the rate we pay. The towel and toiletries provided were not to the standard. However, as we were away, our rooms were done and towels were changed. As we did not ask for housekeeping we were very shocked to learn that someone has entered the house. The pool was okay. The breakfast was poor and not tasty. We had a group dinner, which was a barbecue, but it was not an enjoyable one.
The nearby area however is worth visiting.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank zamhas671
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed in Mayangsari twice around 2 years ago and was satisfied with the condition of the resort. Hence I came back the third time in Oct 2013 with a bunch of friends to celebrate a friend's birthday. After a 10 hour drive from Kuala Lumpur, we were hoping for a good rest in our Villa.

The moment we entered the Villa, we saw the swimming pool's condition - GREEN water. Obviously there wasn't any maintenance and the water pump was missing. Who would swim in it? There is a little pond outside our room, filled with algae and a breeding haven for mosquitoes. We went back to the reception and made a complaint. The receptionist gave the 'what to do' attitude and said all the pool villas are the same condition. How can I pay the exact amount of money to what I saw on the website and the times I visited before? Plus no discount was offered.

The management is an embarrassment and you should feel bad. In the end, we went to Ulek Beach Resort. Great surrounding, beautiful, clean, and money well spent. I will never come back to Mayangsari anymore.

Room Tip: Go Ulek Beach Resort
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Wangjx
Reviewed August 12, 2013

First off, the staff is very kind. But there is nothing they can do about the condition of the resort.

If you are concerned about the following, avoid this resort.
1. Mosquitoes (My family is very allergic to mosquito bites and as soon as we arrived they were feasting on us, literally!, the reason is explained below. If you are immune to mosquito bites and not worried about denggi, then this would not affect you.)
2. Mold, water damage (There are small pond in front of units and is called water villa. The water is not clean and is a mosquito breeding factory)
3. Space for family (This resort does not provide much space. Especially the single unit that I had, it is basically putting 3 separate doors or make use of the slidiing doors to make up 3 rooms in a house. Don't expect to have a place for your kids. It is more like a back packer's heaven style where you get one room and not much space for other things)
4. Swimming pool (If you are planning on having fun with your family in a swimming pool, the photos are overrated. You will be surprise how photos can make small things look so huge. And the swimming pool had been under maintenance when I arrived.)
5. Privacy (If you are looking for privacy, this is not the place to go. If you feel comfortable being locked up in a small room, don't mind the people walking right by your door as it is a pathway, and can hear all their private chats, this should not be a problem for you)

As a result, I had to immediately cancel the booking and leave the place.

Again, the staff was very kind.
They refunded the money immediately.

Room Tip: Make sure you bring tons of mosquito patches!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SungHoonKim
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel did provide villa type room.i didn't spend the night they as I've been here 2 times as for hi tea party with my colleagues only, but i can tell you the condition of the hotel. The hotel does look old. The food was not that nice. Bumped into few guests upon their arrival who complained about the room to the front desk.The staffs were fine it is just the maintenance of the hotel was not that good. they should renovate or change few things there. The toilet near front desk looked like the one in old malay drama with the door that like the kampung style, two wood fold and lock in the middle.The restaurant was small and the menu was not that good.I would suggest you go to other hotel like Ulek Mayang resort, Uitm hotel or Tanjung Jara which is more better.

Room Tip: The distance to the beach is near as hotel is jus by the roadside.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed one night at Dungun on a business trip. The front reception was quite ok until I reached the room. It was a water villa room. And what it really meant was there was a long looking "pond" in front of the room and the water was all moldy. There was no current and the staff had to fix it. Big mosquitoes were coming into my room (my guess that it's easy to breed mosquitoes from the pond). The room was really small but I was not that fussy (since I paid only RM80 per night) But I do mind about the bathroom. The water was trickling from the shower! And it was too hot when I turned on the heater. Ended up bathing from the pipe water. I should have asked for a room change but was too busy to do it. The place is really rundown. If it is refurbished and well-maintained especially the rooms and the gardens (and the pools), I think this would be a star. What a pity. Staff was friendly and helpful though. Would I stay here again? Maybe. But no definitely, if it's more than 1 night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business