“UNSATISFACTORY STAY” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Subang Jaya
Taipei, Taiwan
“UNSATISFACTORY STAY”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2010

This hotel is best avoided for the mediocre value they offer.

After a 20 minute check in procedure with an indifferent check in clerk, I made it to the executive floor, which was supposed to offer a superior level of accommodation. The room was confortable, but because there was not way to adjust the air conditioner, it was freezing and not additional blankets were available.

The breakfast was terrible with a limited selection of food, most of which tasted stale.

I stayed for two days but was given a one day internet pass. Internet was supposed to be included in the rooms rate.

The hotel provides a "limo" service to and from the KLIA airport. Be careful! The rate they quote is MRY100 for cash only. If you want this charged to your room bill they add a whopping 20%. when I asked why, I was told that this was the hotel policy. There is no way that such a large "service fee" can be justified.

All in all, I would not return to this hotel on account of the generally poor vaklue for money it offers. The hotel is also situated far from the Kuala Lumpur city center and might be incomvenient for tourists.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank SPAMELOPE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Noida, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

few months back went on a business trip to Malaysia. My office people booked summit hotel for me. at first sight it looked a good place to stay but being a vegetarian the biggest problem I faced was to locate an economic vegetarian restaurent. though hotel has its own restaurent and bar. One thing i cann't forget about stay in that hotel is that during my stay I could meet Anup shridhar and ace shutler sainanehwal who were there to participate in a tournament. Malaysia doesn't have as good public transport as singapore has so you might face conveyance problem in commuting. Free Internet is available in lobby area only.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Sammamish, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

We spent a night at the hotel before taking a flight out at KLIA. Price and location were the reasons we picked this hotel. We had wanted to meet up with friends who lived in the vicinity. And the price of RM185/night was among the lowest in comparison to Eastin Hotel and Sunway Resort. Everything (doorman service, check-in, parking) went smoothly and within our expectation of a 3/4-star hotel. Then, things took a dive as we stepped into the room. The carpet was dull and dated, a sign of inadequate upkeep. Then we checked the the bedsheet. Yuck! There were stains!! I don't know about you, but stained bedsheet was an indication of a "roach hotel" to me. As we were pondering our next steps, ie, moving out of this hotel. I checked the other parts of the room. There were mold on the wall near the bathtub, damped wall (sign of water leakage) near the bed. We called the housekeeping - two ladies were sent to replace the stained sheets. And to our surprise, there were stains on the "new" bedsheets too! The housekeeper literally had to dig through her stash to find one that had no stain! In summary, the hotel presented itself quite handsomely on the surface, but they failed at the most vital part of their business - providing a clean and well-kept room. Sounds to me the person in charge of housekeeping needs to be fired. Personally, I won't go back..............

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank YKC

Travelers are raving about these Subang Jaya hotels

Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

On a recent 7 night business trip to KL I was asked by my local business associates to stay at this hotel as it was close to their head office, otherwise I was going to stay elsewhere.

First impression was pretty good with a quick check in. I had booked a room on the Executive floor which had a few extras and included broadband internet access in the room tariff. On arrival I was told that there was plumbing work on the exec floor so they would upgrade me to a suite at no change, and if I wanted to could switch back when the work was completed I could.

After my first night I found out about the plumbing at the Summit. I settled for a near cold shower on day 1 and then realised if you turn the tap to hot and then on full, shave, make a cup of tea, watch some of the news on TV the water is warm enough to shower under. Not ideal. Then there is the daily need to get the maintenance man up with his plunger to get the toilet to flush properly. It was the same story each day.

The broadband access is hopelessly slow, barely above dial-up speed, and unreliable to boot. On 2 occasions I went to Starbucks and used theirs in frustration. On the positive side, the rooms are quite large and have pretty comfortable firm beds. So you can have a good nights sleep.

If you like to use the gym, you have to wait till noon till it opens. Its situated in the Topaz Spa which has sauna, massage, spa etc., all in the hotel building but a separate business. But as they operate until very late they only open at lunch time. Quite strange. On this level there is very bad musty mouldy smells that hit you as soon as you get out of the lift. May have something to do with the seedy Karaoke Bar that is opposite the gym. If you are looking for a bar girl, look no further.

All things considered, if I didn't have business close by, I'd stay elsewhere. It wouldn't be to bad if the plumbing was fixed and it actually had broadband access. There's a shopping complex next door with good value shopping and lots of variety in available food outlets.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Lumut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2008

Hi,
I'm regular guest to this Hotel since opening period back in 1999. During these day, the business was good and the room was new and I dont realy have problem with my stay. From 2003 to 2007..there is seems to have some problem on their service, room condition and also not to forget their parking space / access. Room is geeting bad, wall mouldy, cleanliness was below par and some problem with pest control. Services was quite bad and slow in action. However, lately I can see alot of improvement been done by the Hotel Management. Services is getting better and staff more attentive, especially at the Reception. They are more friendly and open to talk to you. The food is getting better and tasty. More choices of buffet promotion and come along with the service. Room condition is clean eventhough look old and tired. High time for the Management to upgrade their room. Information received from the staff that they will be have their room upgraded soon. Definately this will boost up their business. Finally, after soo long been attached with them, I believe they are back into the business and they have realised on the important of the service and comfort of their client and working towards that direction.

Keep it up a good work. I'll be back to support you all.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — Old and faded color of room. Need upgrading
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Penang
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2008

Due to business need, I have to stay at this hotel almost every month since 2006.My last trip at this hotel is April 2008. And I will never consider staying this hotel again.
The room looks like tidy but unfortunately that’s some little cockroach moving around the table, bed-side table and clothes closet. The towel some time is not ready & the hair dryer sometime is not function!
The telephone operator is not manners! Really, always every time I called to make reservation, the operator is impatience to pass my line to reservation without saying anything.
The reservation is thinking of money all the time. We have one big function in the hotel at noon 12pm and I requested to check in earlier 10:30am if the room is available, however the reservation said we have to pay extra 50% for check in earlier no matter the room is available or not.
The Sales and Marketing Dept is the worst department in this hotel. They lied, speak no truth, no professional. The sales manager has not common sense and does not make sense at all. She believes what their staff’s nonsense, speaks for them and falsely incriminate us.
They said we agree and accept the terrible arrangement of function room. What an idiot and stupid mind! Yet the whole people in sales dept believe it. And the sales director is always busy or maybe the staffs know they done wrong so make excuse to stop us to meet their director.
We have done a lot of function in this hotel for 2 years. Yet maybe their business is very good, so they do not appreciate at all.
Their receptionist & banquet staffs is polite.
But with such as a lot of bad experience in this hotel, it is really dissapointed and not thnking to stay here again.

• Liked — The sight view from room window
  • Disliked — Their services, arrangement and cleaniness
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank MsiaBuzTraveller
Sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2008

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights without breakfast and it was a fairly good stay. The bellboys were unhelpful with the luggage or with helping to ease the wait by directing us to another counter who turned out to be able to help us with checking in. It as only till later when another receptionist came out that we were attended to. We booked 3 rooms but upon our check in which was after 3pm, only 2 rooms were ready and we had to wait for almost 2 hours for the third room to be ready. After a 5-hour journey, we weren't prepared to wait that long for our room, especially since we had a function to attend to that same night. When asked how long more the room would take, they couldn't let us know except said that it depends on the housekeeping. I thought they could at least call the housekeeping and find out how long more we have to wait instead of giving us the nonchalant attitude with a 'i don't know'.

In any case, the rooms were spacious and clean. It was complete with coffee/tea making facilities and everything was in working order. The bathroom was fairly ok too although the toilet was choked and it took them at least a whole day after reporting before they fixed it.

We didn't venture to the restaurants as the hotel was connected to a shopping mall which provided more than adequate varieties of food (both local delicacies as well as western cuisines) with competitive prices.

The hotel was nothing to rave about nor was there any major complains about it. The only thing we found annoying was the slow and nonchalant service and the inadequate hotel parking though I am not sure if it was a problem with the no. of hotel parking lots or merely inconsiderate shoppers finding a convenient spot.

• Liked — Cleanliness and adequate amenities in the room and around the hotel
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
e.City Hotel @ One City
e.City Hotel @ One City
#8 of 10 in Subang Jaya
Resort Suites Hotel at Bandar Sunway
Resort Suites Hotel at Bandar Su...
#12 of 45 in Petaling Jaya

Been to Summit Hotel Subang USJ? Share your experiences!