Summit Hotel Subang USJ
$50
$48
Empire Hotel Subang(Subang Jaya)
$56
Artisan Eco Hotel(Subang Jaya)(Great Value!)
$30
Mixx Hotel(Subang Jaya)
$28
Go Hotel(Subang Jaya)(Great Value!)
$34
$47
$42
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Cottage Inn Subang(Subang Jaya)
$18
Agoda.com
Ruemz Hotel(Subang Jaya)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Nginap Hotel(Subang Jaya)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssummit mallreading lampcoffee tea making facilitiesduring peak hoursthe check in processroti canaifront office staffworth the pricestrategic locationcoffee housecomfortable staybusiness hotelspacious roompunchdamengsclap
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Summit located in USJ 1, a perfect location. The comparison ends here. Worst hotel I have ever lived in my life.Hotel looks good from outside. The torture starts once you check -in. Worst hospitality. Very poor front desk. The carpets on the floor stinks so are the lifts.

In the room view outside are hazy because windows were never cleaned in ages. Towels in room seems as if in use for more than 5 years without replacements as the color is no more white and got multiple holes. Cranky bed with springs hitting your back. Breakfast is free but the quality of the food is below average. Internet is free but the signal is very very poor and moreover you cannot use the user id in more than one device. If you register the id in ur laptop then you cannot use in your phone or in any other device. You have to buy another id.

Another most interesting part is the prostitutes (massage girls) and customers quarreling in midnight shouting and yelling at each other almost every night.

The floor I was staying, one night around 1.00 am entire floor was flooded. Water entered the rooms. Carpets got wet. These people didn't even had the courtesy to wake up the customer and inform. I woke up hearing the sound of vacuum cleaner and landed my foot right on wet carpet. Only after inquiring they told me about the pipe burst in some nearby room. I called the front desk and had to request them to change my room in mid-night.

Rates are little cheaper then other hotels but the service quality is terrible. It is better to pay a little more and stay in Grand Dorsett which is the best hotel (I will give a 4 star rating) in terms of hospitality and cleanliness.

1  Thank dinzmania
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is one of the worse hotels that I have ever stayed in. It is situated on what seems to be a building site and has a very run down shopping mall next door to it that is very dirty. There is a very busy freeway outside so don't expect any quiet time!
The staff (excluding the man at the concierge desk who was pleasant and friendly) were unfriendly, unhelpful and were not interested in checking me in too quickly. My room was dirty and had cockroaches in the bath, the toilet and sink was badly stained and dirty. I checked out two hours after checking in and explained to the receptionist why I was checking out, Instead of the receptionist being concerned as to why I was checking out, she said 'well you will still have to pay'. Think twice before staying here, this hotel advertises itself as having four stars, I would not give 2

Room Tip: dont bother to get that far
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stay at the Summit about once per year as it is the nearest 'decent' hotel to our offices in USJ.

This time i booked online via their website for the Ramadan special rate of RM 187 per night which included breakfast.

The place is in the middle of a building site as they are extending the monorail although, to be fair, it didn't disturb me - it just looks bad. I was on the 10th floor and found it fine. It's clearly been recently refurbished and everything in the room worked well and it was perfectly comfortable but not really up to an equivalent western standard.

It seems that all rates include free wifi. It wasn't mentioned in my rate but I got it and previously a colleague was given wifi and not charged. Whereas they advertise it at a ridiculous RM 30 per day, it seems that they aren't zealous in their charging for it. But the wifi worked well and ran at a decent speed.

Breakfast is a buffet and the best bit of it is the freshly made omelets - other than that it's comprehensive but a bit 'too long under the spotlight'.

It's not up to a Marriott standard but my room was clean, the shower was powerful with plenty of hot water, the aircon not too noisy, the elevators worked well, the wifi worked well and the breakfast was adequate.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I must say I feel sorry for this place. At present located in the middle of a mega building site in Kuala Lumpur. The place is however impersonal and feels like a converted office block. Staff were the best part of it for me, they did try hard.

Room Tip: Bargain the price. At the right price its do-able.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Having stayed at the Summit Hotel at least four times in the last two years I was shocked to see how far a Hotel can go downhill in such a short space of time.The room was on the surface clean but on closer inspection was disgusting,after a terrible nights sleep being disturbed by the huge building site next door at 7am,I was shocked to see that in the night the sheets had come away from the mattress which did not have a mattress protector to reveal a huge dried blood stain and urine stains.I tried to make an international call from my room and was told that I would have to come to the reception to do this and pay in cash,I had no problem with this but when I went to make the call the surly rude Indian girl on reception said they could not connect the number,because of her attitude I demanded to see the manager and she also tried to fob me off, unfortunately for her I am a hardened businessman who is used to dealing with lazy staff,after complaining to her loudly I was eventually allowed to make my international call for which I was charged an exorbitant price.I paid £50 sterling for the room which was worth half that,if you are going to KL do not stay here,the only reason I have been using this hotel is its proximity to the Sultan Azziz airport,next time I will pay more to stay at a more central hotel.

Room Tip: If you have to stay ask for room away from building site and away from the liftshaft
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business