Summit Hotel Subang USJ
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cottage Inn Subang(Subang Jaya)
  • Restaurant
Go Hotel(Subang Jaya)
  • Breakfast included
Sun Inns Lagoon(Petaling Jaya)
View Hotel
Sunway Clio Hotel(Petaling Jaya)
View Hotel
Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa(Petaling Jaya)
  • Fitness center
Sunway Pyramid Hotel(Petaling Jaya)
Mixx Hotel(Subang Jaya)
View Hotel
All reviewssummit mallreading lampcoffee tea making facilitiesduring peak hoursthe check in processroti canaifront office staffworth the pricestrategic locationcoffee housecomfortable staybusiness hotelspacious roompunchdamengsclap
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Having stayed at the Summit Hotel at least four times in the last two years I was shocked to see how far a Hotel can go downhill in such a short space of time.The room was on the surface clean but on closer inspection was disgusting,after a terrible nights sleep being disturbed by the huge building site next door at 7am,I was shocked to see that in the night the sheets had come away from the mattress which did not have a mattress protector to reveal a huge dried blood stain and urine stains.I tried to make an international call from my room and was told that I would have to come to the reception to do this and pay in cash,I had no problem with this but when I went to make the call the surly rude Indian girl on reception said they could not connect the number,because of her attitude I demanded to see the manager and she also tried to fob me off, unfortunately for her I am a hardened businessman who is used to dealing with lazy staff,after complaining to her loudly I was eventually allowed to make my international call for which I was charged an exorbitant price.I paid £50 sterling for the room which was worth half that,if you are going to KL do not stay here,the only reason I have been using this hotel is its proximity to the Sultan Azziz airport,next time I will pay more to stay at a more central hotel.

Room Tip: If you have to stay ask for room away from building site and away from the liftshaft
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 232Jimmy
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed for 1 week . Good Connectivity with KL through Public Transport . Cheaper option than staying in KL . Have Indian Vegetarian Menu which is difficult to find in Malaysia . Overall good value for money

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nishant_Chawla
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed twice during short business trips to Klang Valley. Location of the hotel is off KL City Centre, commercial areas are just a short walk away though. Quick check in by friendly front office staff. Complimentary drink offered at the lounge at the lobby. Breakfast spread at the coffee house is fairly reasonable. Recommended for business trips.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ananth85
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have to agree with the majority of the other moments and can add no more really. It's cheap - that's for sure but everything about the hotel confirms exactly why it's cheap. The service is slow, the facilities are in need of modernisation etc, etc. it's not well situated either. The shopping mall next to the hotel is also tired and worn out with a variety of discount stores in abundance and your far away from any of the tourist attractions offered by a stay in KL. I arrived late on a Saturday afternoon and was looking for somewhere where I could relax and recouperate ready for continuing my business trip next week. Alas this just wasn't possible. Noise from the busy road outside, noise from the building site right next to the hotel, noisy lifts, noisy children running up and down the corridors and noisy ignorant adults shouting loudly at 6:30am. In my experience this is synonymous with cheap hotels in tourist areas. I shall be having a word with whoever booked this hotel on my behalf and I shall check out at the first opportunity. My advice, try to find somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Crazyhorse3
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We chose to stay here since we were attending an event nearby. Takes a while to get from the hotel to the Bukit Bintang area (which is where you would want to be as a tourist).

Hotel is a bit dated but the rooms were spacious and everything seemed to work well enough. Staff were very friendly and we had good service. They also served a nice breakfast with Malaysian dishes included. Not many options nearby for entertainment, but there is a big mall next door which is tacky, but has lots of dining options.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family