“Terrible hotel I ever stayed !!!”

Summit Hotel Subang USJ
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Subang Jaya
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The reception at the Front Desk was not efficient, she did not say anything to me until I ask her, it’s my room on high floor? And she say “YES” that’s it !

Later then I walk my self to my room, expecting a very nice modern room; sadly it was just a simple old room.

Around 7pm, I am getting ready wanted to go out for dinner, while half way taking my shower, the water STOP! With full of shampoo on my hair and on my body, I have to walk out from my bathroom to called up the operator. The operator did not understand simple English which keep on transferring my called to the reception that was quit annoying to me. I waited for 20mins, called up more then five times, finally a gentleman came to my room say he is the DUTY MANAGER. He told me the water supply stop is because there is a plumbing service on the 19th floor which affects my bathroom water supply. Which I have never been told about this even when I called up the operator.

Around 12 midnight, I read on a directory in my room, says that my room is a suite room and the WIFI internet service in the room is complimentary. I had tried to connect to the internet but there is message pomp out on my phone says that there will be charges apply for WIFI usage. Again, I called up the front desk and talk to one of the reception, I told him my difficulty of serving WIFI in the room and told him about the directory in the room. He unable to answer any of my questions, and hand my phone to one of the female DUTY MANAGER. I told her about all difficulties I had in the hotel, which I just want her to understand my situation not COMPENSATION. She told me “oh, since you have encountered all this inconvenience in the hotel, I will give you free WIFI for 24 hours for this stay only. WOW!! Thank you so much for sympathy! What a prefect answer!

The air condition in the room was not cold, that make me have a called for three times to request for engineering to come up to my room twist to fixed it.

The next day morning, finish with my shower, wanted to air dry my hair, the hairdryer was OUT OF ORDER. That has to make me called up the operator again request to send up a new hairdryer which I have to wait for almost 30min.

When I be back on the same day around 11pm, approaching the reception counter enquiry the nearest convenience store, the reception answer “I AM NOT SURE, maybe you can ask the concierge.

This is a worst hotel that I ever stayed. I will not be back again for future visit.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel to stay if you want to have a nice holiday.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank lovelycouple87
There are newer reviews for Summit Hotel Subang USJ

Reviewed March 3, 2012

First contact was with the front desk staff when I checked in almost about midnight. Staff was impersonal, lacking in courtesy, not helpful with my requests and seem like she had just woken up to served me. Experience with room was bad as the hot water from the shower was weak and inconsistent, I didn't dare wash my hair. Checked out next day because had to go to Johor. Checked in again the day after and had my nightmare. Used the toilet and after flushing, water could not stop filling up and overflowed onto the toilet floor. Requested for maintenance. After dinner, I did big business and OMG I could not flush because toilet was choked and overflowed slightly. Staff changed me to another room. OK but aircon was noisy. Next day realised that my belt was missing and requested staff to check in the first room. Did not get back to me until on the fourth attempt I was told that he had just been informed that they did not find any belt. Internet was ridiculously expensive and intermittent. I have stayed in this hotel about 4 or 5 times, booked by clients, and I really DO NOT WISH TO STAY HERE ANYMORE. I give up !!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ng K
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Another reasonable stay at this hotel booked via it's website. Stayed 2 nights.

Check-in takes forever. The room I had was fine, comfortable and everything worked. Shower was good with plenty of hot water. Decent set of shampoo, etc. if that means something to you.

It seems the rooms have been redecorated as they are in good decor order (or at least my last two rooms have been). There were some stains/smudges on the sheets but they were freshly cleaned so I just used them. The room and hotel was clean.

Points to note:

1. Since my last visit the Thai restaurant just outside the hotel has closed;
2. There is a new local style eating place right in front of the hotel which does a decent and cheap plate of noodles;
3. The taxi situation (as others have indicated is a nightmare. If there is a taxi available, they'll rip you off. They know that you have no option. We were charged two different rates for the same trip on two different days - both rates were way over the top and, btw, don't bother to ask to use the meter - they will just laugh.

Useful tips:

1. Hotel charges way ott for wifi. We use the coffee houses in the adjacent mall. Black Canyon Coffee seems to be the better one with more consistent wifi.

2. Walk over the footbridge in front of the hotel and turn left to reach the local center where there is plenty of decent cheap food.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I am 65 years old and have stayed in hotels of varying standards and stars around the world for over 40 years and I can without a doubt say that the a'la carte "international" food served here is the worst I have ever experienced.
I decided to eat here as my guests and I had a diverse cultural background and I thought there would be good food to suit all tastes...big mistake.
We all were appalled so not just me picking the wrong thing or having a bad day
Nasi Lemak ...with Steamed Rice !!! and poor quality rice at that.
Cold Chips !!!
NO Banana split in a country that just about every house has bananas!
NO Beefburgers
A nice comprehensive menu but many "not available"
Chocolate cake that was very dry and must have been days old !!
I would not advise anyone to eat here whatever your background

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank 255103Harry666666
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Stayed 3 nights for conference. Room is worn out, shower hot water inconsistent, spartan amenities and minimal toietries and service. Food is bad and overpriced. Room rate high despite poor value.

The hotel is situated away from anything a tourist expected and taxi servcie is non existent and taxis refused to take us anywhere without cut throat charges and the hotel cannot help the guest to flag taxi. We were being left with no choice but to accept high price even to go a short distance.

The so call attached shopping mall was not great and have very short and inconvenient opening hours.

We will never stay at the Summit Hotel, especaily for the bad staff service in general.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank WChanBangkok
Reviewed December 11, 2011

i will not recommend this hotel if you are finding for a 4 star hotel service... overall it is quite clean, but bad lightings and rooms are not sound proof. Plus point is the room is quite large and there is a shopping mall linked to it, so you can get practically everything from there!! And if you are driving, do validate your parking ticket before you leave to avoid paying extra!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank annexin
Reviewed December 6, 2011

The internet works. Staff broadly unhelpful, noisy room (even on 14th floor) from road and Karaoke, breakfast very missable. Booked by work - Ill request somewhee else next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business