Dorsett Grand Subang
Empire Hotel Subang(Subang Jaya)
$54
$52
Artisan Eco Hotel(Subang Jaya)(Great Value!)
$29
$77
$43
Trip.com
Mixx Hotel(Subang Jaya)
$27
$26
Go Hotel(Subang Jaya)(Great Value!)
$32
  • Restaurant
$61
$59
Travelocity
Cottage Inn Subang(Subang Jaya)
$18
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclub roompremier loungepiano loungeshuttle busshuttle servicesuperior roomlive bandswimming poolsunway pyramidchinese restaurantpleasant staynice roomkuala lumpurbusiness tripfirst impressioncar parkbreakfast spread
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are newly renovated, clean and comfortable. Check-in was no hassle, booked using Agoda. Hotel is old but still maintains the good service and class. The convention hall is great for functions. Breakfast is superb.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank thiong
DorsettGrandSubang, Director of Operations at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear thiong,

Thank you for choosing Dorsett Grand Subang for your stay. It was wonderful having you here and we're delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We appreciate your compliments and will assure you that we will strive to improve and retain our warm services. Looking to welcoming you back in the future.

Vincent Pillai Director of Operations

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great hotel!!! We had one night in KL after trekking Burma for 10 days and this hotel was recovery stop and near friends we were visiting. Floors 7 to 17 have been just refurbished and the rooms were great. Ones at the front have a nice view of the city. Bed was really comfortable with quality linen and down filled pillows and duvet (important to some not to others). Staff at the reception really helpful.

Great breakfast with lots of options. Swimming pool was little small but nice and also just refurbished.
Just across the hotel next to 7-Eleven there is a really nice Indian restaurant with amazing curry and roti chanai.

If you are in that part of the town I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up and and facing the street. The whole front of the room is in glass so you can just lay in bed and watch the city move
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yoka06
DorsettGrandSubang, Director of Operations at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Yoka06,

It was a pleasure having you here. We’re delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. We appreciate your compliments and will assure you that we will strive to improve and retain our warm services. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We checked in with the idea of a small get away from our hectic work schedules and despite living in KL itself , we decided to stay with Grand Dorsett as the refurbished rooms seems welcoming enough. Upon check in , the staff were great , namely Zila who was the person managing my reservation via phone all the way up to the front desk and there are several other individuals as well who rendered exceptional and great service throughout my stay here.

We took the Club Executive room along with the full lounge benefits and we were more than delighted with both the service rendered and also ambiance the entire establishment permeated. The room view of the lake was fantastic , and the night view of Sunway Pyramid was more than breathtaking. The amenities and the mini bar offered a fresh variety of options to choose from. TV channels were great , working desk was excellent. The bathroom was way above expectations.

On a side note however , during my stay , being an avid online gamer , the internet connection despite being able to browse web pages at a decent pace could not support the connection rate for the game that I enjoy playing and this has caused me some frustrations , however , the assistance the staff from the hotel rendered to overcome this was more than welcoming and they managed to sort it out at the end of the day. I would personally advise not to utilize the term high speed connection in the event if the connection cannot support the full features of having a high speed internet connection as this was one of the driving factors that drove me to select Grand Dorsett in the first place. I would however like to extend my warmest compliments to all the staff involved for rectifying the concern in the best manner that they could.

Finally , the food here for hotel standards is great and I would strongly recommend spending a little extra to enjoy the full club benefits that entitles you to have your breakfast at the premier lounge as the continental breakfast here is beyond my expectations and it also permeates a feel of exclusiveness and privacy of a dream get away we all need , plus , the premier lounge overlooks a rather breathtaking view of the lake as well.

The car park however perhaps can be improved but , given the fact that some renovations in certain areas are still ongoing , I sincerely hope the car park will be given a new face lift as well.

As a conclusion , we definitely enjoyed our stay here , Grand Dorsett is a note worthy hotel that should not be overlooked for a vacation get away. Furthermore , me and my girl are definitely going to select Grand Dorsett as our destination yet again due to outstanding services rendered by all the staff and also the ambiance the hotel has to offer is nothing short of fantastic. I look forward to staying here again. Cheers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeterChin86
DorsettGrandSubang, Director of Operations at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear PeterChin86,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I booked this room through online promotion, weekday early bird special which entitled 15% off from rack price. I checked in late at about 8pm, and there is no call from hotel side to confirm on my reservation of the room. I am not sure if this is a norm for hotel but during my previous stay at other hotel, the hotel side did call me to check whether I am coming for the room or not.

During the check in, the receptionist track my reservation fast enough and check in was a breeze. However, the staff at the concierge was a bit rude when I asked about the complimentary parking.

The lift is small and very old. As soon as I stepped out to my floor from the lift (I am staying at 10th floor), there is a strong smell across the floor. I am not sure how should I describe it, but it smells like old building plus cigarette. There is also an old ice dispenser along the corridor. Not sure if it is still working.

The room is okay but there is a hair on the pillow! Bathroom is not okay, there are stains all over and there is a plastic water bucket on the bathtub. I have never see a water bucket in hotel bathroom,ever and there is one in Grand Dorsett Subang. And the bathtub feels like is going to break when you step on it during shower.

And there are basic amenities inside the room like iron, ironing board, bathrobe, hair dryer and an empty fridge. The bathrobe is paper thin and there are even thread coming out from it. It was like they have the bathrobe just for the sake of fulfilling the list of basic amenities and has zero quality on it. And yeah, no slipper in the room.

Lastly, and at least something good, the buffet breakfast have a wide variety of food selection, from bread/toast to nasi lemak and noodle soup. Didn't get to taste everything but food was okay.

Overall, I do not think that what I paid is worth it and I do not recommend this hotel unless you are staying at a newly renovated room.

Room Tip: Try to get a renovated room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
DorsettGrandSubang, Director of Operations at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Carmenlai,

First and foremost, we thank you for choosing Dorsett Grand Subang for your stay. Our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you’ve experienced during your recent stay with us. Your comments have been highlighted to our senior management team for immediate remedial actions. We are considering to add more amenities in the room and at the same time, rectify and improve our facilities in order to better serve our guests. We value your constructive feedback for it is guests like you that help us improve and strive for excellence.
We hope that you would give us another chance to regain your confidence. Should you consider staying with us again in the future, we would highly recommend that you try our Deluxe Room. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Due to a cancelled flight from Kuala Lumpur to London, Malaysia Airlines took us to the Dorsett Grand. I would have preferred to be on my way home but a night in this comfortable hotel made the delay bearable.

The room was large with a kingsize bed, armchair, desk, mirrors, TV, thick carpet.... Everything was spotless clean. The bathroom was big and had everything you needed, it was also spotless clean.

The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a log.

Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of dishes and some delicious viennoiserie.

The staff was friendly, efficient and helpful.

As the night did not cost me anything, I look on the Dorsett Grand webpage and was surprise to see how moderate the price of the room was considering the high quality of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jean-Noel
DorsettGrandSubang, Director of Operations at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Jean-Noel,

It was lovely to have you here. We’re delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. We appreciate your compliments and will assure you that we will strive to improve and retain our warm services. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.