Dorsett Grand Subang
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sun Inns Lagoon(Petaling Jaya)
View Hotel
Sunway Clio Hotel(Petaling Jaya)
View Hotel
Empire Hotel Subang(Subang Jaya)
  • Fitness center
Sunway Pyramid Hotel(Petaling Jaya)
Mixx Hotel(Subang Jaya)
GM Hotel(Petaling Jaya)
  • Restaurant
Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa(Petaling Jaya)
View Hotel
All reviewsclub roompremier loungepiano loungeshuttle busshuttle servicesuperior roomlive bandswimming poolsunway pyramidchinese restaurantpleasant staynice roomkuala lumpurbusiness tripfirst impressioncar parkbreakfast spread
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I love this hotel during the 3 nights stay, not that its new, but very tastefully done.

Location ; Not great. Its like in the middle of nowhere though you can get food across the street but forget about malls, you have to take a taxi ride to get there .... Empire and Subang Jaya is about a 10 minute taxi ride away.

Room wise, I slept like a baby. I love the bed ... all I wanted to do when I got in it was sleep. Pillows are a tad hard but again, some people like that. Internet could be faster but sufficient for the normal "surf for information / emails".

Cable Vision Four TV is supplied with the necessary BBC and CNN network.

Showers are great with no bathtub though. Service wise, no complaints there. Only grub is when my key would not open my room on the 2nd day.

Breakfast is generous with a touch of local delicacies, western, japanese flavours. Cafe though seems tight between tables.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Pugeneswary, Public Relations Manager at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your kind support towards Grand Dorsett Subang. We are in receipt of your comments dated 18 July 2012. It is our fervent hope that the commendation will act as a motivational tool to our employees to further improve their level of service and efficiency while addressing guests’ needs and requests.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you to Grand Dorsett Subang again in the near future.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We attended a wedding reception and stayed 2 nights in this gorgeous hotel. The wedding itself was spectacular, with plenty of input from helpful hotel staff. The food was absolutely delicious, particularly the beef rendang, which has now become my favourite dish. There's a lovely, relaxing pool area, where I enjoyed a dip in the waters and managed to soak up some Vitamin D for a few hours. The bedrooms were modern, clean and well-equipped, although a few of our party were put off by the clear glass between bathroom and bedroom - until they discovered the switch for letting down a blind to visually separate the 2 areas. If you get to stay here, you're in for a treat!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your kind support towards Grand Dorsett Subang. We are in receipt of your comments dated 13 July 2012. It is our fervent hope that the commendation will act as a motivational tool to our employees to further improve their level of service and efficiency while addressing guests’ needs and requests.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here in early September 2011. It's a beautiful 5 star hotel and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The staff were most helpful in assisting me with figuring out how to download my pictures from my digital camera. They were really lovely. I can't remember their names unfortunately! But all of them were really very nice and that made me feel very welcome and relaxed. I am definitely coming back! (one day)

Cheers,

Rach from Wellington

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank rachyrach83
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your kind support towards Grand Dorsett Subang. We are in receipt of your comments dated 9 July 2012. It is our fervent hope that the commendation will act as a motivational tool to our employees to further improve their level of service and efficiency while addressing guests’ needs and requests.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have spent a total of 127 nights staying at the Grand Dorsett over the last year 2011/2012 and having been staying here each year since 2007. The friendliness of the staff is what makes this place feel like home especially when you are there a lot. The club rooms in the tower are great, new and fresh with modern look however workmanship is not always a strong suit and hence some fittings have fallen out or electrical plugs don't work or the air conditioner breaks down or doesn't seem to be cooling however I was upgraded when the aircon broke so no complaints there. I used to stay in the older rooms a year or two ago and they are terrible. Mold on the ceiling, fowl smells, dampness. They all need to be renovated like the new rooms. I have heard though that the old rooms will be gone soon as part of the new dorsett waterfront apartments. The new business lounge on the 16th floor of the tower is great....always quiet and friendly staff on hand. It would be great if they served the canapays/drinks throughout the day instead of just in the afternoon between certain times as some of us don't work normal 9-5 hours. The breakfast in here is great....great view too to the city and you can check out there in the morning which is convenient. The main breakfast downstairs is good...the normal variety you would expect. Dinner in the terrazza restaurant is over priced. RM113 per person for dinner when you can go across the road to the food castle and get really good food for 4 of you for a total of RM120 including beers. The food is nice in the buffet in terrazza but just too expensive. If it was half the price I might consider it as sometimes you just cant be bothered going over the road especially when its pouring rain. The lounge bar is nice. Friendly staff. Drinks are a little pricey but all 5 start hotel drinks are pricey. They have a singers 6 nights a week however the current group.....I dont know if singer is really the appropriate word....maybe cat strangler? and I just heard they have been given another 3 months at the hotel....I was looking forward to not hearing their voices the next time I came into the lobby in a weeks time or so as the bands generally do a 4 month stint before the next one comes in......as the previous group had amazing voices and I wish they had stayed all year!! For those of you into the fittness thing, there is a nice lake behind the hotel with a 1.1km running track around it. Gets quite busy in the morning around 6am or 6pm at night. The gym in the hotel is small but never busy....aircon doesn't work too well but good for getting a sweat up I guess. There is a pool which was nice but I hear its gone now to make way for the apartment development....a shame. So I have given an overall rating of 4 out of 5. The place has its issues...they all do but overall the staff there always make me feel welcome, they have gone out of their way to do things for me and I have always tried to get to know them instead of just treating them like staff. I have met a lot of people there over the last 6 years and made a lot of good friends there. For those of you that may be considering staying I hope this helps.

Room Tip: Standard Club rooms are great value
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your kind support towards Grand Dorsett Subang. We are in receipt of your comments dated 7 July and we would like to assure you that we are looking into your points highlighted and these issues has been addressed within our team for further improvement.

For your kind information, we have refurbished some of our rooms and the remaining rooms are currently in process of refurbishment.

It is our fervent hope that the commendation will act as a motivational tool to our employees to further improve their level of service and efficiency while addressing guests’ need and requests.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

It is my 3rd stay at Grand Dorsett this year. Whenever I am in Subang Jaya for business, I am like a bee drawn to honey.

A s you enter into the driveway, you get noticed by the valet and greets you with a welcoming smile, the concierge soon follows. From the doorman to the reception, you are greeted all the way. Already you feel very much at home.

Checking in was a breeze with minimum fuss, the welcome drink at the lobby with a choice of Lemongrass or Cinnamon is pure heaven.

I stayed in the Delux Plus rooms. They are very clean, practical and comfortable and the view overlooking a park and tennis courts. I remember just looking out the floor to cealing window for a good 10 minutes. The rooms are very quiet too.

Room Service was good quality. I have tried both the Club Sandwich and the Beef Burger. Excellent!

Very impressive breakfast spread and a great amount of choices. If Grand Dorsett could do up the outdoor area near the pool for seatings I am sure many people would love to sit there, I for sure would like to.

The live music at the lobby bar in the evenings can be looked into. I find it somewhat noisy, the rock and roll music(no offence intended) is an irony to the entire hotel experience of landscape and tranquility though. I could not find anywhere to have a business discussion without having the loud music overshadowing my voice.

In all, it was a very good stay. The facility may be old but the standard is maintained well. Just like a bottle of vintage, it gets better with age. Needs to be treated with the right storage (upkeeping) and temperature (ambience)

I will be back again very soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business