“Empire Hotel, Malaysia”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Subang Jaya
Bangalore
“Empire Hotel, Malaysia”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

It is located in the centre of the city Subang and part of big shopping complex 'Empire', the entrance of the hotel is little confusing as the reception/lobby is on the 2nd level. Well the hotel is good to stay as they have good ambience once you reach lobby. They have good rooms but the main problem is that all rooms on the north side get direct Sun rays and early morning 6 o' clock you will be woke up with bright light. Also the direct heat will make your room more warmer as the Aircon's are not big enough to challenge the heat. Though we stayed in our room only for few hours but still it was quite difficult to stay for longer period.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are better and less warmer, avoid taking room on north side as direct sun he...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Empire_eCom, Manager at Empire Hotel Subang, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Matharoo
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. We have taken note of these issues and will take the necessary steps to address them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is my second stay in Empire Hotel. Staying for one night in a family room. Lift is slow as usual but staff is helpful to assist with another lift. Super fustrated when tried to call operator to send extra amenities but it never send up after few hours and we had to called again. Same as we tried to call for maintenance to check for tv. Remote control were not working as well when tried to adjust the volume. The most angry part was my mom had found an USED & DIRTY UNDERWEAR hiding behind the basin area. We did not call to complaint as it was too late and we were so tired for the trip. So upon check out I had mentioned to the female staff at reception but she just said "sorry". It was totally unacceptable to see the reaction of the staff and I think they should improve their service skills. I wish to come back to stay because my parents like the hotel (very convenient) but I think I will not come back anymore

• Stayed May 2013
Empire_eCom, Manager at Empire Hotel Subang, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear chuenling,
We are deeply sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience during your stay with us.
There are no excuses why we did not check the cleanliness of your room carefully & ensured that everything is in working condition.
It is also not acceptable that we were slow in fulfilling your request for amenities.
We hope that you will allow us to redeem ourselves, please contact Ezhwan Haizill for your next booking.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you rely on the internet do not stay at this hotel. If you manage to get connected you will be provided with an incredibly slow connection which is almost as good as no connection at all.

This is a hotel where the owner must have set out to spend as little as possible and just uses "cool design" to enable them to take nice photos to justify relatively high room rates. Unfortunately the beauty is skin deep, and in this case the skin is very thin.

Staff overall were all nice and accommodating, although ordering room service at 10pm after a long flight was a little frustrating with the order taker answering the phone "Hello? long pause... me: I'd like to order room service. long pause. me:hello them: Yeah, what you want?" I felt sorry to inconvenience them placing a food order. However the food was delivered promptly and was delicious.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Matthew P
Dear Matthew P,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
We are sorry to hear that the internet was slow & the Room Service order taker was unenthusiastic.
We have taken note of these issues & will take the necessary steps to address them.

Travelers are raving about these Subang Jaya hotels

Singapore
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Overall a good stay. Over a period of 4 days, I finally managed to know some of the staff. Quite a friendly bunch, if one makes the effort.

The room cleanliness was there, except that the room attendant forgot to replenish the face towels.

One bane of most rooms from my frequent stays here is the poor quality signal from the in-room WiFi and the cable TV (inc channel selection). More can and should be done. Today's business travelers rely substantially on WiFi and news/sports channels.

Like I said, it's almost there, but the last bit of effort requires some work from the hotel's management to make the last mile.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Ahguru
Empire_eCom, Manager at Empire Hotel Subang, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Shawn L,
We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to know that your towels were not replenished. We will ensure that our Housekeeping service is better in future and will look into upgrading the broadband speed in the rooms and increasing our TV channels.
Malaysia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was really expecting a lot more from this hotel, given the location and cost.

Staff - the guy checking us in was so unfriendly and moody. Not even a smile. The concierge on the other hand asked too many questions that bordered on intrusive. Check in and check out took forever eventhough we were the only guests.

Room - very cosy but the tv channels were very disappointing. And you had to pay for extra music and movies!!!! For the price you pay for the room, all that should have been free!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sabyj
Empire_eCom, Manager at Empire Hotel Subang, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Sabyj,
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for highlighting your comments, we will enforce service excellence training for our staff on a more regular basis.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel is centrally located in Subang Jaya area, in the middle of Industrial area. How ever this area is complete township. The shopping mall attached to the hotel adds to the convinience. The food in the Itallian restaurant is good. The breakfast served is having limited variants. How ever the room maintenance, the amenities in the room is adequate. The rooms are spacious and the entertainment systems i.e. radia, TV and movies are good enough. The Wifi speed is ok too.
The staff are well trained and the check-in & check out are hassel free.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Praveen_K_Singh,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments. We are sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect stay with us. We will look into the number of buffet breakfast items and room maintenance. We do hope that we will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves next time.
indonesia
Reviewed March 21, 2013

i was check in on 17 December 2012, i've booked the room through agoda and asked for early ci. when i arrived at empire hotel, they told me, i only can ci after 2. so i told them i've request for early ci and they told me "agoda didn't tell them", and they asked for my phone number in case my room is ready they will call me (in fact they didn't call me at all), so i waited until 2, after 2 i went to the hotel again to check whether my room is ready or not since none of called me, and they told me "the room is not ready yet because of full occupancy and a lot of guest wants a late check out (if they were full occupancy, they not supposed to give ɑ late co to the guest, isn't?)", after that they only offered me another room which was more bigger for family, after i looked at the room i took it because my mom's tired and can't wait anymore to get the room. so, i went down to the front desk to ci and they only gave me 1 key card, and i asked but they said they only give 1. my sister complaint and asked for another card, but the staff said none of us asked for key card, so my sister met the FOM manager and he apologize. the problem solve, but still we didn't have any good experience at all since we arrived at empire hotel, especially tv's not working and the lift takes forever. In the morning we went to breakfast, and the hostess only asked for room number while he talked in the phone and after that pointed to go inside (that's the worst service ever) the breakfast was standard, and the service was not good at all, my sister asked for salted butter than the kitchen staff only said "we don't have salted butter" and went inside the kitchen without say anything. the staff didn't say "excuse me" or asked for our permission to take our plate and just took it away (do they received any training how to serve ɑ guest). after breakfast, we want to go back to the room, and at the concierge there were 1 guy and 1 girl looked at us and the guy said "that was the person who complaint" to the girl next to him and the girl looked at us.
I would not recommend any of you to stay in this hotel, and i won't come back to this hotel again
thanks for the worst service!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank huangwin
Empire_eCom, Manager at Empire Hotel Subang, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear huangwin,
#5 of 45 in Petaling Jaya
Sunway Clio Hotel
Sunway Clio Hotel
#1 of 45 in Petaling Jaya

Been to Empire Hotel Subang? Share your experiences!