“nice small hotel”

Empire Hotel Subang
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Subang Jaya
Reviewed February 3, 2013

only for 1 nite stay but the environment is very chique. Very nice layout design. Nice room and very clean.Love the bed,very comfy to rest.Hated the noise from the nearby commuter.Waiting long for lift,only have 2.The staff was very helpful and always smiling.Limited free media entertainment,need to pay..booooo..recommended to those with business trip.

Room Tip: never choose beside the commuter rail!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Empire_eCom, Manager at Empire Hotel Subang, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Deaconfrost73,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect stay with us. We are aware of the short coming in our lifts and will be taking the necessary steps to rectify this issue soon.

There are newer reviews for Empire Hotel Subang

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We enjoyed our time in this artsy hotel. Our room was reasonably priced with breakfast included. We had to wait quite a while for the elevators each time. The noise level in the rooms was quite high with a throbbing bass beat, but it died off at midnight. I suppose the close proximity to the shopping mall is a positive and negative. The staff were very helpful and we found the hotel clean.

Room Tip: Higher rooms might be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear davidasia,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. We are delighted to hear that you liked our décor and service. We apologise that our lifts were slow and you experienced some noise from the nearby bar. We hope to be able to do better in future.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

It was actually my 2nd time staying in this hotel.

The service is good.
The staffs are helpful.
The food and view is great.
The room is good.
the deco is good
The shopping mall below and around the hotel really keeps one entertained.
No as much traffic jam as compare to KL city.
Walking distance to other local food house with 15min.
Just excellent. The only thing I can complain will be the hotel lobby being on the 2nd floor.

Dear Lord-sg,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for writing about it. We do hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

It was the second visit to this hotel, the first visit was impressive with everything was new. However, this second visit was kinda disappointed. But still bearable.

After i have checked-in into the hotel, the key card could not be used. Luckily the porter was there to send our luggage, so he offered to change the key card for us. This hotel has TWO lifts only right from the car park floors to the room floors (so you can imagine the speed of the lifts) My family and i had to wait for 3-5 minutes for the lifts each time, worse when there was the peak hours for events, more people were using the lifts. We chose to stay in the room till 8p.m. so that the lifts would be more frequent.

My room has cracked mirrors at the bottom part (the room has walls of mirrors). I quickly pointed out to the porter, "Look! the mirror is cracked when we came in, you are my eye-witness!" He smiled! I used the waste bin to block the cracked part to prevent my children from touching it. Come to think about it, it is quite dangerous. The hotel should do something with it.

We called for a baby cot but it took very long to arrive in the room. Then, we also summoned the technician to our room as our TV controller was faulty and the wall socket had a little bit problem. I called THREE times, the third time i raised my voice a bit, then someone SHOWED up at the door step. He fixed the tv controller n socket.

Overall, the stay was fine for relaxing. Will i come back again? no, thank you. I think after TWO times of experience, it is time to try other hotel the next time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LillianTeh
Empire_eCom, Manager at Empire Hotel Subang, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear LillianTeh
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback.
We are sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect stay with us.
We will be taking the necessary steps to rectify these issues.
We do hope that you will give the opportunity to redeem ourselves in future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have had a 2-night stay in February 2012.

Good points:
1. The location is excellent! Right next to a shopping complex.
2. The reception staff are friendly and helpful.
3. The room is spacious, modern, and clean.
4. The room design and layout planning is unlike many other hotels - it provides a walk-in closet area for changing.
5. The bed and pillow are comfortable.
6. The breakfast is good and it has great varieties.

Bad point: None for the price that I have paid.

I will choose to stay in this nice hotel when I am back in Subang, Malaysia.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear LML1963
Thank you for sharing your comments about us.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Since I organised my company's general meeting and stayed the for 3 nights, I had reserved 8 rooms for myself and my colleagues from overseas.
The rate was expensive and the rooms were poorly maintained - my room's bathroom ceiling leaked on my first night with a big water mark on the ceiling board. The area near the wardrobe had clumps of dust and the black tea cup had dried thick lipstick stain. The air-cond controller can't be used - my colleague from Thailand's room too had the same problem. The light in his room was blinking. My two other colleagues from China and Singapore commented it reminded them of some budget hotel.
I was terribly disappointed by the poor conditions of my room and my colleagues' rooms. Fortunately the staffs were friendly, that's all. But I don't think I'll reserve the rooms for future company event.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Empire_eCom, Manager at Empire Hotel Subang, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Esther K,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback.
We are sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect stay with us.
We are aware of the short coming in the cleanliness of our rooms and air conditioning
and will be taking the necessary steps to rectify these issues.
We do hope that you will give the opportunity to redeem ourselves in future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Overall

It's a reasonably nice hotel in a great location, if the management actually pay attention to some very basic details this could be a great hotel.

The good
Modern style hotel
Good location above the mall, plenty of restaurants.
Lots of different room types to choose from.
Comfortable beds

The bad
Head of housekeeping should be fired, after complaints from other customers on trip advisor I can say the rooms are not well cleaned amd the manafement has failed to address this issue.such a shame as its quite a nice hotel.
Dust and dirt bottom of wardrobe, runner for the wardrobe door full of black dirt and grit.
Bathtub full of hairs and the splash guard was dirty.
The have a common problem with bedroom and bathroom windows in multiple rooms where they cannot be shut probably, can lead to noise from the road.
Splash guard in the tub is ridiculously oversized making it very difficult and almost dangerousto enter the shower, you have to physically stand in the tub even to run the tap.
Poor selection of international channels no CNN or bbcworld.
Not really suitable for families.

• Stayed: January 2013
Empire_eCom, Manager at Empire Hotel Subang, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Alan S,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect stay with us. We are aware of the short coming in the cleanliness of our rooms and selection of TV channels and will be taking the necessary steps to rectify these issues.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Subang Jaya
#4 of 48 in Petaling Jaya
e.City Hotel @ One City
e.City Hotel @ One City
#7 of 11 in Subang Jaya

Been to Empire Hotel Subang? Share your experiences!