“Nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Subang Jaya
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

First time stayed in this hotel. Room is huge enough. Good room facilities. Restaurant was great. Had breakfast buffet there. Friendly staff. But my room view is not that nice cuz Im facing the roofs and not much to see. Near to several shopping mall like Subang Parade.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HV_PR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Villa. We trust that you had a pleasant stay and will be looking forward to welcoming you again. Have a nice day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Surrounded by green view and lake. Love the huge room and an Olympic Swimming Pool. The staff are friendly and always helpful. Near to several major shopping complex adn they have a lof of activities for guest such as bowling alley, gym, jaccuzi, squash, badminton.

Room Tip: get a rooms with swimming pool view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CikLilyPutih
HV_PR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing with us on your experience at Holiday Villa. We trust that you had a pleasant stay and will be looking forward to welcome you again and provide you with our finest services.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

A TRUE DISAPPOINTMENT with Holiday villa wedding package service offered by the wedding planner of holiday villa subang. Truely LOST confident with the service provided by them and i really wonder how my big day will turn out to be??? With such an elegant and charming place yet been ruin by the service provider; earlier the staff and now apparently the manager. To the hotel, policy is their main priority unfortunately CUSTOMER placed LAST. I really wish to hear WHAT CAN THEY DO FOR THE CUSTOMERS rather than "our policy does not allow us to do so" Our management does not approve" Are they INCOMPETENT? or " JUST DOES NOT CARE". Think twice if you want to engage yourself with Holiday VIlla Subang on your wedding day. What else can a hotel provide if "service" is the utmost important for hospitality

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank YingChong
HV_PR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Ying Chong,

Good day to you.

Firstly, we would like to extend our sincere apology on behalf of my colleague who have attended to you re the wedding matters/inquiries. We have brought this matter to the management's attention and we are seriously looking into resolving this issue immediately.

On the other note, please furnish me your contact details or email so we can reach you officially.

Once again, we truly regret for any inconvenience caused. Please do email me for any queries at pr@holidayvillasubang.com.my

Thank you.

Warm regards.

Travelers are raving about these Subang Jaya hotels

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is my first visit to this hotel and i came here for a conference. The room is huge but pretty basic. Not sure if this is one of the refurbished rooms as it doesn't look like the photos of the rooms in the lift!

Good, friendly service as I was staying in KL Sentral earlier this week and moved out here for this conference. It's away from the shopping centres but there's a shuttle to the Sunway Pyramid which I haven't had a chance to avail myself of this.

The bed is big but pretty hard with soft pillows! The air-conditioning didn't like me as it was set to 16 degrees but always felt like 26 degrees and for some reason, the bathroom was 10 degrees warmer and felt like a sauna so I kept the door closed when i wasn't using the bathroom!

There's a continual squealing sound in th bathroom that sounds like it's coming from the water pipes which was a bit annoying at times so that was another reason to keep the door closed.

Good security in the hotel and my room door never closed properly and the security guard knocked on my door a few times to remind me that my door wasn't closed.

Laundry was a bargain at 5 MYR for washing a shirt!..10% of the cost of washing a shirt at trhe Le Meridien in town! It's almost worth coming out here to do your washing!

The grounds are beautiful with a huge, huge swimming pool. If only it wasn't so hot, I would have spent more time outside!

Breakfast was so-so but we were catered for the conference so never went hungry.

No bottled water or fruit bowl in the room which was disappointing..

The bathroom was tiled with coloured slate but I feel that these tiles are always harder to maintain their cleanliness?

There was no spare roll of loo paper and the bath had a shower curtain which I found clings to me when wet!

I probably wouldn't stay out here when visiting KL as it's too far off the beaten track and with a 100 MYR taxi ride from the Le Meridien in town, transport would very quickly get expensive! It was pouring with rain when I came out here on Thursday morning and the trip took two hours and cost 100 MYR so if you're coming out by taxi, ensure that your driver knows where it is, as my driver obviously didn't, taking me to the Holiday Inn twice!

There's a constant musty smell permeatng my room but this could be because it's a smoking room? Very odd, when I checked in, they said there wasn't a non-smoking room available ut my colleague who ios a smoker, requested a smoker, requested a smoking room but was told the opposite so if we'd known this earlier, we would have just swapped rooms!

But all credit to the reception staff for checking me in at 9am rather that later in the afternoon as happens with many hotels.

Tariff is 270++ so not expensive but I'd rather pay the extra 30 MYR for the convenience of staying in town unless I was here for another conference.

So summarising, good service and big room with pretty grounds but the hotel is pretty tired and dated. The grounds are expansive the pool looks like it's Olympic sized which is very unusual for hotels these days. Perhaps a good choice to get away from the hubbub of the city?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great pool. Peace and quiet but not walking distance from any large shopping mall. Great place for corporate events and functions. Nice buffet and a funky club for drinks and dance. Resort style hotel with adjacent lake and nice view. Squash court, badminton court, tennis court, bowling alley and great italian restaurant. Great for family getaways too! Walking distance to 7-Eleven and cosy food restaurants.

Room Tip: Request for rooms in new wings
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are glad to have you as our guest and thank you for sharing with us on your accommodation experience at Holiday Villa. We trust that you had a pleasant stay and will be looking forward to welcome you again and provide you with our finest services. Have a nice day.
Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel overall was pretty good. Good service and food. The suite was awesome, with a great view and bed. Plus the toilet was extra nice! However i wont recommend anyone to stay here, as it is miles away from Kuala Lampur. Even if you take the subway the distance is very long!! You will have to take a cab very often and all of your budget will be spent on you taxi and bus fares!

Room Tip: I checked in the suite! it had an awesome view, washroom and bed!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had a good time at Holiday Villa in Subang during my friend's wedding. Huge rooms and good service. it is not bit prompt room service in the night, but it is quite acceptable. Front office guys are fantastic, specialling organising the taxi, as they call "Teksi".

Anyways, will go there again.

Sudila

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you had a good time with your stay at Holiday Villa and we look forward to your continuous support to us. it is our aim that every courtesy and service possible is provided to all guests to ensure a memorable experience. Thank you and warm wishes.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Subang Jaya
Dorsett Grand Subang
Dorsett Grand Subang
#1 of 11 in Subang Jaya
Empire Hotel Subang
Empire Hotel Subang
#2 of 11 in Subang Jaya
Resort Suites Hotel at Bandar Sunway
Resort Suites Hotel at Bandar Su...
#33 of 45 in Petaling Jaya
#2 of 45 in Petaling Jaya
Sunway Pyramid Hotel
Sunway Pyramid Hotel
#5 of 45 in Petaling Jaya

Been to Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang? Share your experiences!