“Fabulous welcome!”

Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Subang Jaya
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Excellent hotel, superb facilities with the warmest welcome from staff. The staff throughout could not be more helpful. Reading some of the other reviews I wonder if I hit it on a 'good' day? The rooms are large, clean and well appointed although the decor is getting slightly dated now. The bar was lively with a very busy 'city' feel to it. Overall impressed enough to stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Iain T
There are newer reviews for Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This hotel have a five star swimming pool but not the hotel. From the time you enter, it feels different from a normal hotel. You will enter a big hall without air conditioning and it feels funny because the reception area is actually on a small room next to it. It took ages just to get checked-in. I stay at this hotel because I was attending conference there. The reception was really poor. There are more than 8 persons behind the counter but they can only check in 1-2 customers at a time. Are the rest not trained to do the check-in or are they just incompetence? The lift to the hotel rooms are so far away. That's why I think it look more like an old condominium turned into a hotel. By the time you reach your room, you are sweating like a pig because apart from the small air conditioned reception area, the rest of the hotel are not air conditioned. Luckily my room are not so bad. Big, clean, but generally quite old. Not worth the price you pay for. The air conditioning at the conference room was so poor and I was sweating in there. We have a banquet dinner at the hotel too but again, it took us nearly one hour before we get our first glass of drink because the service are so terribly poor. Lack of waitress, not trained. They are suppose to pour drinks to guests but they pour every empty glasses on the table even though there are only 2 persons sitting on that table. End up some table are always full of drinks and some table can't even get their first glass of drink. I don't think I will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Very hard to find the restaurant for breakfast from your hotel room using lift. (because so far away...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank King Y T
Reviewed July 2, 2012

When did this hotel go to pieces? I'm not sure but has certainly declined since I last stayed there. Yes, it is reasonably priced for a Sheraton property but just about all the hotels in KL are reasonably priced for their category. Yes, the food is quite good but, again this is often true of other hotels in the region. The problem is that by comparison to other properties this falls short. So my advice is to check the many other KL hotels that have not dropped the ball - there are many.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed there 18-22 Jun 2012 for 5 days course nearby the hotel. Stayed at 4th floor. The worst air-cond I have ever had, even a very low budget hotel can give me good aircond. 1st night was ok, but 2nd night onward I slept in sauna, complained to the maintenance via their operator 1st thing in the 2nd morning but no change.

I did not have good sleep from 2nd to last night, coming back from long day course really tiring, so I decided not to call maintenance into my room but sleep without blanket instead.

One morning, I even burned my finger during breakfast because the nasi lemak was served was real hot steamer and no indication on how to open it or "hot" notice. Wrote a complaint to the hotel, mornings after I saw them left the steamed rice lit open for serving.

The only good point of this hotel is its pool is large, Olympic size & well maintained, open from 7am-10pm everyday. But for 5* hotel, this is real insult to Malaysia hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Firdhous
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This early June was my 3rd time staying here. The first one was in end 2011. Renovations has been started that year. On my first two visits, I only got to stay in a deluxe room which was both the old type (twin & double bed) but really amazed with the bedroom and toilet size. Yes, I also got the old towel with stains and torn here and there, but I didn't bother much as I was there for business trips and didn't stay long after all.

And during my recent stay, it has the new looks especially at the reception area, lobby and the lounge of the same floor. This time I went here for a weekend gateway in KL. I booked a day earlier and booked a deluxe twin. However when I checked-in, they upgraded me to a corporate suite with no extra charge. It was a newly renovated room (I supposed) with plasma TV, grande dressing counter top in the toilet, nice bed-head, lighting, free WiFi in the room, new wardrobe, ready-to-use iron and an iron board, detached hair dryer, extra plugs on the working desk, new carpet and vibrant coloured contemporary settee set. Whats good was the bed spreads and comforters were all new.

Breakfast was OK and happened that during my visit, there were lots of Indian tourist so the menu that morning were basically Indian cuisines and vegetarian foods. (Really love the mini croissant-they were so fluffy and crispy).

Swimming pools are varies in size. A Jacuzzi, a wading pool, a +-2' deep pool and and Olympic size pool with lanes. Big pool is open until 10pm.

Overall, I got no problem with their service during all my three visits there. Be it asking for praying mat, bell boy to carry stuff from my room, asking for cabs, or at the reception. They were all efficient and friendly. Anyway, I will definitely come here again as I will enjoy staff's rate no matter when!

(FYI, I am not the Holiday Villa/ Inn Groups' staff, but the organization I'm currently working with is one of the stakeholders-so I got this privilege. Yet, I'm not a higher grade staff so I don't agree if you say that is why I was treated well as there is no reason of them being unfair to anyone because we are the customers at their place and that what they should do after all!)

Room Tip: There is a lake beside the hotel location. If you need a room with a view, you might request for it...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was there for a quick trip. Was amazed at the number and the size of the pools. They have a huge changing room that can put water parks to shame. The room was big but I had problem navigating the area. Didn't get to try their breakfast. Overall was pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This was our first visit. Usually on business I would stay at hotels in Kuala Lumpur. It is a pretty old hotel in the midst of major upgrading works. Service was really slow of all sorts, but follow up was swift and prompt. Concierge was not efficient because of language barrier. Not all staff speaks the English Language, they pretty much prefer the Bahasa Melayu. Check-in took 2 hours and our flight was not early we were right on time. Staff were extremely polite but they did not communicate clearly internally, lots of hiccups just getting the rooms we reserved ready. Communication issue from reservations manager to room controller to housekeeping manager to duty manager was chaotic. I was on one hand trying to be patient while the confusion was sorted out but on the other hand running out of patience trying to wait for them to get through to one another clearly. We ended up having to hurry along for our evening engagement after a long delay in check-in for more than 2 hours. However, when we stepped inside the rooms which were the Corporate Deluxe Rooms on the executive floors of the business block we looked past all the hiccups. Fabulous view of the lake, old but well decorated rooms with top class housekeeping and room services. I could not fault the rooms at all. I would give this hotel the benefit of a better opinion because they anticipated issues during their ongoing renovation works. We reserved 3 rooms for a family of 6 and had no issues with housekeeping throughout the stay. However a small note on the room service. Staff was extremely efficient and polite but we did encounter an issue with a plastic particle found inside one of the wantons in the soup we ordered after our late night out. The F&B Supervisor immediately responded to the matter. It was his sincere attention that we accepted his apology on behalf of his head chef who was at that time already off duty. I highlighted the fact that if the plastic particle was swallowed by anyone it would be disastrous. He had promised to look into the matter and he apologized twice, once on the same night when the food was served and again the following morning at breakfast. By the way, the breakfast spread and the staff service was good. Very attentive and very quick, even with the restaurant fully packed as early as 7am. As a business traveller, the reception extended to my family at the business lounge on arrival was really sweet, it smoothed out the tiredness derived from the very hot weather in Malaysia. The duty manager was impeccable handling the matter after she understood what caused the communication breakdown between her fellow colleagues. Overall, I would say it was a good stay at this 5-star hotel, I personally would return again despite all the hiccups we encountered

Room Tip: Pick the rooms with the lakeview, it calms the senses and really help to relax you after a long day.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Empire Hotel Subang
Empire Hotel Subang
#2 of 11 in Subang Jaya
Resort Suites Hotel at Bandar Sunway
Resort Suites Hotel at Bandar Su...
#33 of 48 in Petaling Jaya
#2 of 48 in Petaling Jaya
Ruemz Hotel
Ruemz Hotel
#3 of 11 in Subang Jaya

Been to Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang? Share your experiences!