The Saujana Kuala Lumpur
Hotel de Art @ Section 19(Shah Alam)(Great Value!)
$36
Hotel de Art(Shah Alam)
$38
$27
Agoda.com
Best Western i-City Shah Alam(Shah Alam)(Great Value!)
$55
$42
Priceline
Orange Hotel, Sungai Buloh(Shah Alam)(Great Value!)
$28
$23
Orbitz.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewssubang airportgolf coursecitta mallnice resortlake viewkuala lumpurcoffee machinewell equipped gymswimming poolaway from the hustle and bustlecentral klwide selectionhope the managementbreakfast buffetbusiness meetingjapanese restaurantcomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed in this old hotel for my business trip to Kuala Lumpur recently. The reason I called it old is because it was already around even when Subang is KL's main airport. Unfortunately, I got the old room during my stay. The furniture are a bit outdated. I think since the time the hotel open its doors. The carpet is dirty and dated. I tried to ask for a room change but was unfortunate enough that the hotel was full. I keep coming back to this hotel because of its location to the city center which is not that far. Another reason is for its surrounding atmosphere which is very green and peaceful considering it is still within the city. The food here is good too, especially the Japanese restaurant. I would come here again provided I get the renovated room.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Ian H, General Manager at The Saujana Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear AjayKL
Really appreciate your feed back in particular the Green landscape and the peaceful and tranquil setting of the hotel. Indeed a journey to central KL is only 40 mins distance with a similar ride to Kuala Lumpur International Airport.. We do have a wide selection of Malaysian cuisine available which includes Malay, Indian and Chinese Malay as well as a superb Japanese kitchen which you have supported enthusiastically during your recent stay at the hotel.Please do call me personally when next making a reservation and I will ensure a wonderful experience in the newly renovated guest rooms in the hotel.
Best wishes

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, over Ramadan, before moving into our house in KL.

We found it pleasant, clean and comfortable. Nice pool and outside areas and good breakfast.
We had 2 adjoining rooms which were convenient since we are a 5 person family with a teenager and 2 smaller children.

Internet access, from the room, is fairly expensive.

Very close to Subang airport (about 5 minutes) but fairly far from the city (about 45 minutes depending on traffic) and KLIA (international airport)

Worth a stay if you require comfort whilst in transit departing from Subang Airport to a further destination.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Ian H, General Manager at The Saujana Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear CT Dreamteam,
Welcome to your new home in KL and 'Thank you' for chosing the Saujana as your accommodation before moving into your new home. I am delighted that we measured up to you and your family and that you found the accommodation comfortable and supportive of your family requirements. Indeed the distance to Subang airport is literally a 'stone throw away' and very convenient if you are using this hub for your flight requirements. Please do feel free to contact me if you are now a resident of Kuala Lumpur to advise you of all the family events we wish to introduce alongside the culinary delights coming up for the latter part of the year.
Thank you indeed for your patronage.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here for four nights afith the fineter spending fournights in KL first
We really enjoyed our stay the meals were excellent especially the fine dining - wow one of our best meals ever!
Hotel management were excellent even had the GM come and introduce himself at breakfast
Facility wise the hotel has everything - golf ,tennis, tennis, pool, kids club
The hotel rooms have almost been completely upgraded so make sure you ask for an upgraded room. If you want to treat yourself book into the club suites - part of the hotel but also part of the small luxury hotels of the world. We made it to town by taxi and mrt in 35 mins so I dont think distance is an issue. Very close to the Sunway mall which is fab.

Room Tip: At this time chose the 300 roomblock as it is refurbished block 200 is just about complete also
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Senior Reviewer
Really appreciate your supportive comments and that you had a tremendous experience as a guest at The Club Saujana Resort. The Chef will be inspired by your comments and try even harder to please. Whilst the journey to the city does seem long I assure you it does speed by especially if you have a stright run into down town KL. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and making your stay even more perfect!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Staying at the Saujana was a real treat. The staff are very professional, call you by name (Mr., Mrs.) and can not do enough for you. Ginny Chan will help you decide what type of accommodations you prefer and it at your service like no other. The restaurant staff become like family as you get settled into your stay at the hotel. The pool is a tropical paradise and the hotel location is more private than the other 5 star hotels yet travel to and from KLCC is easy. They have a shuttle service as well to many convenient locations.

If you want to feel like part of a family and at the same time enjoy the luxuries of a beautiful hotel then be sure to stay at The Saujana. You won't be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend rooms in the building next to "The Club." If "The Club" is in your budget I would recommend staying there as they are newly renovated, very modern and you have a private entrance, pool, concierge and restaurant.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear 'O My Goodness'

Well I knew as soon as I read your review that The Saujana K.L. team has made your stay really sublime! We are all so delighted and naturally want to achieve this experience for all our customers. I have taken delight in sharing with all our associates at the hotel and they certainly feel very special. The hotel does offer special memories and I am delighted that we have achieved this outcome for you as a guest.

We all look forward to your next visit and taking care of you extra especially!

Ian D. Hurst

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel is very good for conferences and training. The food is excellent with a very generous breakfast buffet. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean. However, as the hotel is a bit old, it still uses old style door knobs which are difficult to control and may be hazardous for emergency situations. The TV sets and room refs are also old and run down. The air conditioning is sometimes warm. One thing guests should consider is that the hotel is very far from the city centre. With the traffic jams of KL, it may take more than an hour by taxi to get back to the hotel if one decides to visit the sights in the centre.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank onebell
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear Onebell

The Saujana K.L. team really appreciate your supportive and positive comments on the recommendation that the hotel is a great training facility for specialist groups and conferences. We continually receive applause from those specialist companies who look to a venue that has wide open spaces and picturesque surroundings that aleviates stress and brings harmony and wellbeing! Our free shuttle bus is timed to reach central KL in 40 minutes and with the many new transit routes springing up in the area the time will be reduced by half. The trip to the city is most pleasant passing many scenic spots and landmarks. The newly designed guest rooms all feature 41 inch TV,s Wifi, upgrades to furniture and fittings in the bedroom and bathrooms as well as besdide adjustable lamps and Ipod docking stations.
We look forward to welcoming you to Kuala Lumpur and the Saujana K.L. soon!
Ian Hurst General Manager