“Very Convenient for Subang Airport”

The Saujana Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Shah Alam
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed here for just one night between flying into Sepang and flying out of Subang.
The airport is only a few minutes away.
Room was very comfortable and quiet, just what we needed.
Would stay again if flying in or out of Subang..

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pete_n_pat
There are newer reviews for The Saujana Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed there when the airport was still at the old Subang airport, back in 1994. Back then, it was under the management of Hyatt, and it was an absolute luxury to stay at this resort! I stayed at the Club then, and the windows by the bathtub open up into the bedroom, and you get a sense of spaciousness and romantism! Good for couples, but I was there for business.
Fast forward 2011. Now it is known as The Saujana, a far cry from its glory days.
The room we were given, is clean at best, but very basic. A platter of fruit and paid wifi if you need. For wifi, better to buy a prepaid SIM card from one of the telco like Maxis Hot deals, where you can get 24 hours for 7 days access to wifi through either your handphone or a dongle, for RM 20 nett).
But the bathroom, oh man, they could surely do better. The water supply is low, and the showerhead over the bathtub is not functioning well, so water come down like from the tap, and you have to stand real close to the wall in order to get a proper shower. Forget about using the bath tub, the stopper does not close properly, and since the water supply is low, I doubt you can fill the tube up with the waters still warm.
Mosquitoes are there, but we are well protected in the room. Only got bitten when checking in at the counter, and when checking out again. Two bites, not too bad.
Brerakfast is limited, and it is also around the time of Ramadan. Like an earlier writer, the charge was RM30 for a child, with 2 adults given free buffet breakfast. In my stay in Bangkok later on, my child was charged only 150Bhat, for a similar kind of buffet spread.
However, the greenery and lake make up for the disappointment in Saujana. The sky were blue and windy in the morning at the lake.At the other end of the lake, we can see golfers at the greens, and it is a pleasant day indeed.
Overall, if you have to be near to the old Subang airport, you have other brand new choices. Probably will not be staying there for a long time again, as there is really nothing of interest or leisure around there. Better to stay in SUbang area, or within Kuala Lumpur for the shopping.

Room Tip: Do not accept rooms with the highest floor (many times, the water tanks up there are functioning 24...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Taipei921
Reviewed August 13, 2011

It's neighboring hotel, The Club, was fully booked so we decided to stay in The Saujana.

The room was pretty average, typical. Although when you enter the room, the first impression you will feel is a musky, gritty and dull feeling. But the room was clean.

Breakfast was great. They had a lot of local dishes being served but we stick to the food that are favorable to our taste palettes.

After breakfast, we went for a stroll by the pool and it looks great since they had it renovated some time ago.

Overall, even it is out of the way to some establishments but if you are just looking for a great deal with privacy The Saujana would be okay. And on another note, if you need to be close to the local airport, this would be one of the closest hotel you can get.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2011

A top hotel to relax in. Great spacious rooms and the morning breakfast is first class. A little out of the way of KL so location is not good for shopping convenience. Would definitely stay here again if going for a relaxing holiday.

Only negative was connection to the internet. This was an additional cost which should have been included in the room charges.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank john59perth
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We booked a 4 day stay online. When we arrived, we found that the room was musky and damp. The smell stayed even after hours of air conditioning so we asked to change rooms. We paid $50 to upgrade to another wing. Only thing was, this wing was under renovation! They were banging on rooms right underneath us. We were told these were the only "newer" rooms available. Renovation continued through the weekend. The gentleman at the reception would not budge on giving us a renovation discount. If you plan to stay, CALL FIRST. Nowhere on their website did they say the hotel was under renovation.

Room Tip: ask for golf course view
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank savvytrotter
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I was put up in The Saujana in June 2010 for 19 days as I had to travel to the outsource callcentre to conduct a training session on behalf of my company. As my fiancée had just graduated and have yet to commit to full time employment, she was able to follow me on this business trip.

I did plenty of research before I went on this trip. I checked out the hotel's amenities, the shuttle services that it provided to different parts of KL, their breakfast, their laundry charges, the toiletries, and more.

When we arrived, we were awed by the spacious yet cosy room that was assigned to us. A large window was revealed when the curtains were drawn back. The view that we had was of a large green field which was much appreciated rather than having a window facing a road or street. A platter of tropical fruits was placed on the table. There was even a mango in the platter! From my "research", I am supposed to get a fruits platter daily and II was looking forward to have mangoes for the next 18 days. However, this fantasy was short-lived as the fruits delivered daily to our room were 2x Green Apples OR 2x Oranges.

We came prepared with the knowledge that due to its proximity to a lake, Saujana is literally infested with mosquitoes. Due to this, they have a can of insecticide spray and its electronic vapor counterpart in every room. They also conduct fogging several times a week. Thanks to these countermeasures, mosquitoes did not give us much of a problem during our stay.

Breakfast was reasonably good. Though 19 days of the same spread daily did make me feel like skipping breakfast eventually, I knew I had to take it as I have long working hours ahead. The staff were nice enough to even cater to my special request of "egg white omelette" daily!

Basic toiletries were replenished daily almost without fail and we would return to the room daily to find the housekeeping done to perfection. Bathtub is of normal size, leaks a little even when fully clogged but fine otherwise. Did I say that the bathroom is one of the biggest I've used?

On weekdays, whenever I was free in the morning, we would enjoy a nice soak in the free-form pool as there was hardly anyone in sight! After a good soak, we would then sun tan on the decks until it's time for me to head to the office. She would then head to the gym and enjoy some workout before proceeding back to the room to watch movies and surf the Internet. (Yes, wired Internet provided for my room with reasonable speed).

The hotel provides free shuttle at selected timings / days to various attractions in KL such as KLCC, Mid Valley Megamall, One Utama, etc. We wasted no opportunity making use of this benefit on my weekend off days to explore KL.

Laundry service was rather good except when they missed collecting my laundry bag hung outside my door on some mornings. I would then have to call housekeeping to collect them before I head for breakfast. The clothes came back nice and clean daily. No complaint about this whatsoever. The prices were also very affordable.

Checkout was a breeze (Maybe because I called a day in advance for them to tabulate my bills). Incurred about RM$4200 in accommodation charges and several hundreds in laundry and other charges. This thought just reminded me to share that the reception area is not air-conditioned (Only behind the counter). I was stung by mosquitoes while waiting for check in and check out even though there was no queue and both transactions were rather fast.

The location of this hotel is definitely not the plus point as it is quite out of the way for most people. This is good for people arriving by the old Subang Airport or people coming here for a round of golf. We stayed here because the company that I was visiting was just across the highway from The Saujana. I wouldn't stay here if I am going to be here for leisure but if I am going to be back on business, I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank HowardToh
Reviewed April 12, 2011

my hotel rate was to be served breakfast for the family but one of the staff members (a chinese lady) came in to inform me that my son will be charged. I asked for the manager to clarify and was told he is in meetings. Customer comes first - the staff may have been right but they must choose when to clarify points like this and the manager must be available to the customer.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Best Western i-City Shah Alam
Dorsett Grand Subang
Dorsett Grand Subang
#1 of 11 in Subang Jaya

Been to The Saujana Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!