“Good room & view but only 1 breakfast?”

Concorde Hotel Shah Alam
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Shah Alam
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I booked this hotel for my friends from Indonesia. I booked through the hotel's website. Since there are 2 of them, so I booked the hotels with the 'icon' for two pax in a superior room with a king sized with breakfast. Upon the registration (when I arrived), I was so surprised that they said only one breakfast is entitled for each room (regardless the number of pax written on the web). "hotel policy" they said. Additional RM40 is to be paid for additional pax. C'mon, even a 3 star hotel give u a 2 pax breakfast for a twin room. This is a total blow for me,since that was the first visit for my friend ever to Malaysia. Before I forgot, the service sux..no body care to help my friends with the luggage (and all my friends are ladies). I was so embarrassed that I will never recommend this hotel to anyone, except for a solo traveller! Comparing the service to Indonesian hotels, this hotel is so way behind!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Shah Alam mosque.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank orang_benus
Concorde S, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Shah Alam, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear orang_benus,

First of all, we thank you for giving us an opportunity to be of services to you and your guests.

It was certainly disappointed to learn of your unpleasant experience during your friends’ stay with us. We sincerely apologize for letting you down and have not brought good impressions to your guests.

We have conducted an investigation based on your comment. Appropriate counseling has been given to the front liners and further training have been provided to ensure that they are even more observant and attentive. Rest assured that your encounter here is not our usual standards of service and we hope you will give us another opportunity to make amends.

With regards to the room booking made, we are unable to conclude the problem as our hotel website does not use icons in the booking page. If we may ask, could you furnish us with more details so that we can address the issue to ensure that the same experience would not be repeated?

We understand that your experience here did not give you and your guests a good impression, however we are taking steps to improve our services. We hope your isolated experience here would not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Look forward to being of better services to you. Always at Concorde.

Kind Regards,
Karl Muir

Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Check in on 23 Feb. Good service by reception. The hotel is near shopping center - Plaza Shah Alam.

Room is clean but the furniture and TV is outdated.

The hotel view of Shah Alam blue Mosque is very magnificient. I will surely return again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Concorde S, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Shah Alam, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear mr_roy33,

Thank you very much for sharing your staying experience on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to learn that you were satisfied with your experience here and are not hesitate to return to our hotel.

With regards to the TV, we are pleased to share with you that the old TVs will be upgraded to LCD TV soon, we are looking at sometime during the second quarter of this year.

We thank you for choosing Concorde Hotel Shah Alam as your preferred hotel and we look forward to having you again soon.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Karl Muir

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was overwhelmed by tonnes of work in my office. i had to go for some break. i stayed in shah alam and where else but concorde. I was happy to speak to the receptionist who was a good listener and provided me with many answers even about the city's office rentals!He was very helpful and knowledgable. I had nice steak and the room was lit beautifully i did my paperwork so calmly with diva astro on.i got a nice bath in the tub warm and calming. I went down to watch a band perform that night abba was the theme and they were so entertaining even mingling with guests.i had a huge array of breakfast treats the nest day all to my liking.I was all spruced up to my meeting in kl after the night at concorde shah alam.For a night to sleep well rest and do my work in solitude it was perfect indeed.I was inspired.writers and company directors will enjoy concorde thumbs up to them.the hoteliers.

Room Tip: all are great I guess i like the city view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Concorde S, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Shah Alam, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Zarina A,

We thank you so much for choosing Concorde Hotel Shah Alam as your getaway destination from hectic work schedule.

Knowing that you had an enjoyable stay here with room, food and entertainment all were provided up to your expectations is truly a delighting news for us. We are glad that you managed to rejuvenate and all geared up for your meeting in KL the next day. This is really meaningful to us as your experience shared here has just testified one of our taglines ‘Helping You To Take On The World. Always At Concorde’.

Zarina A, we thank you once again for your support and sharing your staying experience here on TripAdvisor. We look forward to rendering services to you again and wishing you all the best in 2013.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here for business, the rooms are adequate, the facilities ok the staff lovely. This is a good business hotel and does exactly what it says on the tin. If you're looking for luxury, fun, party times this is not the place for you. If you're after a simple, well run hotel for a short stay you're onto a winner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Samantha L, Public Relations Manager at Concorde Hotel Shah Alam, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear MiddleM,

We thank you for staying at Concorde Hotel Shah Alam and taking the time to share your feedback here on TripAdvisor.

Such a simple and well-pointed comment. All you have mentioned are just exactly what we are doing - to provide a comfortable staying experience to our guests. Nevertheless, we would like to share with you that the hotel has more upgrading plans lined up for this year as we continue to strive for an even higher guests satisfaction.

We thank you once again for your support MiddleM. We look forward to having you again should your travel plan bring you back to this city soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel previously in October 2012 and had quite a pleasant experience from it that I was looking forward to my next visit. However, what I received two days ago was rather appalling. I attended a training course somewhere nearby and chose to stay at the Concorde Hotel Shah Alam, and this time I had my family in tow with me. We were given a room on the 9th floor facing the garden. The room was rather small but well kept and clean. Upon entering the room, I switched on the air-conditioning unit and after a while it was supposed to make the whole room cool but that was not the case. I thought it may need some time for the room to get cooler after switching on the unit, so I left my family in the room while I went on to attend the training. However, when I returned to the room, I don't think the air-cond is working properly because I felt warm and rather stuffy inside the room. My husband said that maybe it's because I just came from outside and I need to take time to adjust to the temperature. That night, I was unable to get a good night sleep because I felt a bit stuffy and uncomfortable although the air-cond unit is switched on. The next day I asked the reception counter that I will be checking out late (after 5 pm) since my training will only end at around 5 in the evening. The staff at the counter told me that the whole 9th floor will be undergoing maintenance works and that I need to check-out by 12 pm! They also adviced me to bring down my luggage and place them at the counter and that I may collect my things later when I checked out. When I returned after my training ended, I saw that they are already in the midst of maintenance works on the 9th floor - they had canvas spread out on the carpeting and many of the rooms had their doors opened. I quickly took my family and belongings down to the lobby and checked out from the hotel. Good thing they didn't charge me an extra night's stay for checking out late.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Samantha L, Public Relations Manager at Concorde Hotel Shah Alam, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Adlina_Honey79,

We thank you so much for choosing Concorde Hotel Shah Alam as your preferred hotel during your recent training in this area.

We regret to learn that the maintenance works had caused inconvenience to you. During that period, major maintenance works have been planned for the guest rooms in order to provide a more comfortable staying experience to our guests. Due to this reason, we were unable to accommodate your request for a late check-out. Meanwhile, you may be pleased to know that the air-conditioning system has gone through a thorough service as part of our continuous maintenance efforts.

Adlina_Honey79, we thank you once again for your continued support. Your most recent experience here was certainly not the typical Concorde’s standards. We hope that the shortcomings would not deter you from staying with us in the future.

We look forward to rendering better staying experience to you soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We are 3 adults and 3 kids. 17 and 18th December 2012, we stayed in 2 old superior rooms at level 11 (these were not refurbished rooms) and were charged RM 320 per room per night including breakfast. We stayed for 2 nights. We did not encounter any problems checking in. We were given rooms with a very beautiful view of the Blue Mosque just at our window. The downside - the carpet looked like it has not been shampooed for years! One of the rooms, the bedsheet was torn at the side, it is unsightly but clean otherwise. Many better hotels would have big screen TVs but the TV here is tiny. The good thing is it has channels that captivated my children and kept them entertained. In the morning about 5 plus am, my husband was woken up by the Mosque calls and prayers. He complained, but I was so dead asleep I didn’t hear a thing, it didn’t bother me at all. The bathroom looks worn out but the flow of the water is strong. I love the grey bar soap. I appreciate hotel management who makes an effort to provide guests the best soap and shampoo. There is a good spread of food at breakfast. We are happy with the carpark – it has direct connection with hotel lobby and it is wheelchair/stroller friendly. Shah Alam Plaza is just across the road from the hotel, though it is small but it has Giant, Reject shop, Giordano and many other shops. We have no problems looking for food.

Room Tip: Ask for the new upgraded rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Samantha L, Public Relations Manager at Concorde Hotel Shah Alam, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear JoyLeong,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback.

We noted your comments about the condition of our Deluxe Room and we are pleased to share with you that more upgrading works have been planned for this year, including replacing the old televisions with the new model. Having said this, our guests can expect an even better staying experience with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed our amenities and satisfied with our breakfast selections. A great breakfast no doubt is the best way to start your day! We are also delighted to know that you find our connected multi-storey carpark and Plaza Shah Alam very convenient, and yes, guests staying here enjoy the advantage of having a mall next to the us.

Nevertheless, we thank you for bringing up a few things to our concern, you have certainly helped us in improving our standards of service.

We look forward to having you again should your future travel plan brings you back to Shah Alam.

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We spend our weekend in premier suite room last weekend. Unfortunately we're disappointed by the service of the premier lounge staff. She keeps saying that they're running with full house, and keep us waiting until 5pm to check in into our room. Conditions of the room is average, to my suprise when I open the toilet cover,toilet paper still inside the bowl. This is not the standard that we expect. Very stress with their service and hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2012
Samantha L, Public Relations Manager at Concorde Hotel Shah Alam, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Aszitarmizi,

We thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Shah Alam.

We note your challenges faced during check-in and with the bathroom cleanliness. We regret that we did not able to provide our usual standards of service on your check-in day, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused. Rest assured your experience encountered were not our usual standards of service.

Aszitarmizi, we thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. The Management deems these to be serious matters and we do not tolerate such poor guests experience especially the cleanliness of rooms. Your feedback has been highlighted to the department heads in-charge for further improvements.

We truly value your constructive feedback Aszitarmizi. We realize that we did not able to impress you during your recent stay here, we hope you will give us another chance to make amends.

Looking forward to render better services to you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shah Alam
#1 of 11 in Subang Jaya
Hotel de Art @ Section 19
Hotel de Art @ Section 19
#8 of 26 in Shah Alam

Been to Concorde Hotel Shah Alam? Share your experiences!