Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Priceline
1,760 results
All reviews premier lounge melting pot blue mosque mosque view pleasant stay shopping mall nice view breakfast spread business trip roti canai room service coffee house short stay deluxe room f b plaza varieties
Selected filters
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We spend our weekend in premier suite room last weekend. Unfortunately we're disappointed by the service of the premier lounge staff. She keeps saying that they're running with full house, and keep us waiting until 5pm to check in into our room. Conditions of the room is average, to my suprise when I open the toilet cover,toilet paper still inside the bowl. This is not the standard that we expect. Very stress with their service and hospitality.

1  Thank aszilawatee
Samantha L, Public Relations Manager at Concorde Hotel Shah Alam, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Aszitarmizi,

We thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Shah Alam.

We note your challenges faced during check-in and with the bathroom cleanliness. We regret that we did not able to provide our usual standards of service on your check-in day, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused. Rest assured your experience encountered were not our usual standards of service.

Aszitarmizi, we thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. The Management deems these to be serious matters and we do not tolerate such poor guests experience especially the cleanliness of rooms. Your feedback has been highlighted to the department heads in-charge for further improvements.

We truly value your constructive feedback Aszitarmizi. We realize that we did not able to impress you during your recent stay here, we hope you will give us another chance to make amends.

Looking forward to render better services to you.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a few times over the past year. My most recent stay was last week. I had booked two premier exec rooms, and requested that they be next to each other.

I got to the hotel around 6pm, and during check-in, I was told that one of the rooms wasn't ready, and that I had to wait for 30 minutes. Not only were they late, they were also unable to give me two rooms next to each other.

I had booked the rooms for three persons each, but the rooms were not set up for three persons. They did give me another towel after I requested for one.

Other than the above, this is a good hotel. I especially like the location. I really hope the management will find a way to improve their service.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank syamsulstar

Dear Syamsul I,

Thank you very much for your support and staying with us.

We note your disappointment with the shortcomings you encountered during check-in and the rooms assigned. We sincerely apologize for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Our guests’ comfort and staying experience are very important to us and we do not condone such poor experience that was rendered to our valued guests like your goodself. We understand that there is no way to compensate your disappointment, but please be assured that we take our guests’ comment seriously including your feedback shared here. Your feedback have been discussed with the department heads concerned to address these mentioned issues.

Syamsul I, once again we thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to more opportunities to be of better services to you.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had a pleasant stay at Concorde Shah Alam for two nights. My colleague and I got the deluxe executive room on the 14th floor with a view of the Shah Alam Mosque for around RM241. Great value! The hotel itself was conveniently located not very far from the centre of the city and there was even a mall beside it (albeit with limited outlets that you would find interesting). Ambiance was nice and I find the staffs were all friendly and accommodating. We ordered room service at 3am and it was sent to our room in no time! =) I loved the newly renovated room with nice decor and LCD TV. The bed was super comfortable and I had very good sleep for both nights there. The bathroom was the dry type so please take note that there was no nozzle or pipe near the toilet. Water pressure was good. They were having some pest control thing going on when we were there and the device let out some foul smelling odour but that was just a slight discomfort. The conference/meeting rooms were adequately equipped. Breakfast was superb with a lot of choice and the other meals were also very good. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel for both business or leisure stay. Thumbs up!
P/S: Need to work on WiFi though. Very spotty.

Room tip: rooms facing the mosque of course!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Samantha L, Public Relations Manager at Concorde Hotel Shah Alam, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear AiNGEL83,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent trip to Shah Alam.

We are glad that your staying experience here was delighting and you had good rest while you were here with us. We are also happy to learn that you find our renovated Deluxe Executive room satisfying and it’s a value for money.

Having a mall located next to the hotel is indeed very convenient for our guests, not only making it easier to get groceries but eateries as well. Regarding the Pest Control, it’s been our hotel’s practice for years to have monthly pest control exercises to keep our hotel free from unwanted insects and it’s for our guests’ comfort too.
AiNGEL83, we thank you very much for sharing your enjoyable staying experience at Concorde Hotel Shah Alam on TripAdvisor here. We hope to see you again and look forward to rendering services to you soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I don't normally feel at home in any of the hotels I stayed, regardless of the star ratings. It's weird when I do feel at home with this hotel. Maybe the ambience, the nice people at the reception/concierge, the rooms, basically all around. Although they were having some construction, it didn't bother us at all.
The check-in was a breeze, although I booked quite late (a couple of hours upon checking in, with a late check-in). I called for twin beds and it was all ready by the time we arrived. The room is of the normal Superior size room, but we like the size of their twin beds. We tried another hotel on the 3rd night in Shah Alam, and we can safely say that Concorde has the wider twin beds than the other. The tv was still a CRT, but no fuss, shows the same channels anyway :P.
The breakfast was suffice. The presentation was excellent, but the food needs to re-stock quickly to serve the hungry crowd. The counter manager was very considerate to be giving my Down Syndrome's sister the price of a child rather than adult. Very nice of them.
Owh, one thing to note though. If possible, have a certain checklist during the housekeeping/preparation for the room on the items in the room. Check whether the tv works, the plugs work, the sinks and bath tub plugs work, etc. We have a faulty bath tub plug and we need to call the maintenance guy to pull the plug, and I'm sure they need more time to fix. Changing rooms just because of the plug is a hassle, so we just waive them off.
Crossroads lounge was blaring some great line up of songs from their resident band.
In summary, it was a pleasant stay, and we had 2 great nights' sleep.

Room tip: We love the room overlooking the Blue Mosque. Take the highest floor they can offer you. It's just serene.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Samantha L, Public Relations Manager at Concorde Hotel Shah Alam, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear allymelody,

We thank you for giving us an opportunity to be of services to you during your recent trip to Shah Alam. It was really great to know that you and sister had 2 nights’ well-deserved rest and that you enjoyed your stay here.

We note your kind compliments towards our service hosts and we appreciate your recognition on our efficiency in accommodating your last minute booking. It is an encouraging remark and we will certainly keep up the good standard.

We also note your comment regarding the room facilities and furniture. We are delighted to learn that you like our single bed size. However, we regret to know that the bath tub plug has caused inconvenience to you, please accept our apology on the short-comings. Nevertheless, to provide our guests with a greater staying experience, please be shared that all CRT TVs will be replaced with LCD TVs next year.

Allymelody, once again, we thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back ‘home’ soon!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

An overnight stay with work after a days international travel, this hotel provided good spacious accommodation. The staff were very polite and freindly offering assistance at all times. Value for money with great dining facilities.

Date of stay: November 2012
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear LungGel,

We thank you very much for staying with us when you traveled recently.

What a simple and sweet comment. We truly appreciate your kind compliments and we are glad that you find staying in our hotel a good value for money.

We look forward to many more opportunities to being of services to you in the future.