“Nice…. but room for improvement!”

Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Shah Alam
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice…. but room for improvement!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The lobby is very impressive, its open air, well almost, it has a roof but open completely from both sides.

The hotel is resort style with different parts to the hotel in different buildings, not so suitable for business people.

My room was overlooking a beautiful golf. It was clean, quiet and had comfortable king size bed.

At check in I was offered a bellboy to take my luggage to my room but I declined. I was given a roomcard key but once I hauled my luggage along the various corridors to my room the card did not work! This meant I had to go all the way back down to checkin to ask for another card. This was very annoying. Some of the lights in the room were not working and I needed to make two phone calls to housekeeping till someone came to get them mended. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

The downside is the high expense for the internet package. Also the location is good if you specifically want to be in Shah Alam district of KL which I did otherwise go for the city centre.

Staff are very helpful.

They operate a complimentary shuttle to various places but NOT to the airport. See attached times.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rm1003
Yvette W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

We would like to thank you for providing the feedback which will help us refine ourselves and rectify such issues. The problem mentioned is being looked into and let us assure you that it will be fixed promptly. It is indeed feedback such as yours which helps us constantly upgrade our services in order to leave our guests with a fulfilling experience. However, we are glad that you found our staff to be helpful.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Guest Experience Champion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Korean first
Auckland
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Glenmarie is far from KL but a right place if you are looking for a peaceful resort-like hotel. Staff are extremely friendly & attentive, with flawless service.

Our decent size room was overlooking beautiful golf course scenery. The room was quite nice & clean with huge & comfortable king size bed. However, the furniture seemed tired looking & in desperate need for refurbishment.

The bathroom was good size and clean, but it could have been improved with better lighting & and an accessible shower head.

The beautiful spacious lobby is best suited for business meetings & leisure catch up.

Kites buffet restaurant offers a good variety of local foods & desserts along with fantastic service.

Relina, the duty manager, professionally and efficiently dealt with few issues we raised at checkout. She went the extra mile to deliver a WOW customer service. Well done, Relina.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AnnaJ1345
Yvette W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our aim is to offer comfort and hospitality to all our guests and we are glad that we passed on this warm feeling. We shall share your encouraging comments with the rest of our team, especially Relina, and, we will be more than happy to have you as our guest on your next visit in Kuala Lumpur.

Manila
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was in KL for a business trip and was booked in this lovely property. It was overlooking the golf course and 1 hour away from the city center . The hotel staff were polite and I enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The hotel is a ten to fifteen minute taxi ride to Empire Mall or Sunway Lagoon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Yvette W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for your review. We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay. We hope to provide you the same experience the next time you travel to Kuala Lumpur.

Heathcote
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Travelled to Shah Alam on business and there is not a lot of choice for hotels. However the Holiday In was first class. Very welcoming and staff that remembered my name throughout the stay. When my local colleague arrived early to pick me up, they located me still at breakfast, suggested he join me and offered him coffee and a croissant.
Only drawback was the room was a long walk from reception but otherwise it could not be faulted. Previous reports have unrealistically written of transport costs. Equivalent of $A3 to shopping center is not extreme and the shuttle while a limited number of trips, does cover a number of alternatives so of course it takes some time.
Going back for business later in the year- no hesitation to book there again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jmjj3523
Yvette W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for the excellent review. Your comments state a great value to the entire team. We are happy and proud that our every day’s work is visible and reflects on our guests’ satisfaction and good impressions when they leave.

Thank you once again for your great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again later this year.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Love this resort! Room was nice and comfortable. We loved the great view of the golf course from our room. It made for such a relaxing stay. I only wished that the swimming pool can be bigger as it was quite small. The hotel staff also made a glitch on our room reservation but was quick to fix this for us. Service was much better as compared to other hotels in Malaysia. This accommodation is away from busy and dusty KL but there is still near many other malls so you are not really away from everything else. We also enjoyed our breakfast as the buffet spread had a quite a variety.This is important for my husband who loves having a wonderful breakfast before he starts his day. Would definitely recommend to friends and family for a short getaway from Singapore!

Room Tip: Check with reservations and have them give you rooms that have a view of the gold course.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Suliani
Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at HIKLG. Your feedback is much appreciated and we are extremely pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our services have been satisfactory.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in near future.

Riyadh
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We booked to stay for a week during the Grand Prix 2013. Have stayed in Holiday Inns around the world and are Ambassador priority members. We were sorely disappointed with this hotel choice.
On arrival, our upgrade wasn't offered, and the only suite available smelled strongly of smoke and overlooked the busy car park. Needless to say we chose to stay in our double room instead. No compensation for this was offered. Rooms are described in the hotel welcome pack as 'plush'. In reality they are very worn and tired looking, facing onto (what we later discovered to be very noisy) concrete corridors.
The executive club lounge is small, outdated and offers no where near the choice of snacks or drinks as other exec club lounges in the Group. It appears to be entered through what an best be described as a trades men's entrance which is a shame as the main lobby is very nice.
There seemed to be a lot of maintenance being carried out in the hotel rooms, though to be fair this seems to be during the day when most guests are out for the day. We were however trying to sleep as the amount of noise coming from corridors (and other guests using their bathrooms) meant sleep at night was almost impossible.
I wouldn't stay here again and, would not recommend it to others and, if all other hotels weren't already booked up because of the GP we would have considered moving.
Frankly disappointing Holiday Inn!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne M
Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for providing your comments. Your opinion is very important for us and we are very sorry that you feel disappointed with your stay.

We would like to apologize as for the room you stayed in is not a true reflection of the product we pride ourselves on providing at our hotel. Please be rest assured your comments have been noted down, we appreciate them and will work on improving on which is within our control.

At the same time, maintenance work is in progress in our hotel due to the installation of the new BCPs for our rooms to continually improve our facilities to widen the choice of our services.

However, we thank you for bringing the matter to our attention and hope you will return to HIKLG on some future occasion when we shall do our best to ensure that you fully enjoy our hospitality. When you do, please contact me directly so that I can personally look after your stay.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I love being able to stay at any Priority Plus hotels because they take such pains to reward your loyalty - it certainly rates for me as the best programme among all such. So, I was quite happy when I had to put up at the Holiday Inn Glenmarie on a personal weekend trip to attend a friends wedding.

I asked for a room with a balcony because I was told that the view out of the golf course in the morning was fantastic with hot coffee and a newspaper. They didn't have a balcony room in the standard category I was booked in - so they upgraded me to a duplex suite with a patio! The room was huge - with the bed and shower up a spiral staircase. I thoroughly enjoyed the sun coming up on Sunday morning (despite a fairly late night of merry-making at the wedding). The breakfast was a fitting sequel - followed by some time to walk around and spend some time by the pool. Even with the golf season in full swing and the hotel fairly busy, the facilities did not seem cramped. The service was prompt and efficient. The food was great - both Asian and Western. I had thought I would spend time strolling a few malls in Bukit Bintang before I caught my bus back to Singapore - but ended up staying and enjoying the hospitality through till the early afternoon. It was exceptional - I thank you all!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Narayanisms
Yvette W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for your feedback on each of the aspect that you have experienced from the service to the facilities of our hotel. Also, we would like to thank you for your continuous loyalty as a Priority Club Reward member. It is great to know that your experience at HIKLG has been exceptional and I hope we get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shah Alam
Dorsett Grand Subang
Dorsett Grand Subang
#1 of 10 in Subang Jaya
Grand Bluewave Hotel Shah Alam

Been to Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie? Share your experiences!