Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie
Hotel de Art @ Section 19(Shah Alam)(Great Value!)
$27
$24
  • Breakfast included
Best Western i-City Shah Alam(Shah Alam)(Great Value!)
$42
Hotel de Art(Shah Alam)
$30
$21
Agoda.com
Orange Hotel, Sungai Buloh(Shah Alam)(Great Value!)
$28
$23
Orbitz.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgolf courseexecutive clubkites restaurantkuala lumpurgolf clubsubang airportgolf viewolympic size pooljapanese restaurantown transportsubang paradehotel is situatedbusiness tripsunway pyramidnearby shoppingnice poolin house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Travelled to Shah Alam on business and there is not a lot of choice for hotels. However the Holiday In was first class. Very welcoming and staff that remembered my name throughout the stay. When my local colleague arrived early to pick me up, they located me still at breakfast, suggested he join me and offered him coffee and a croissant.
Only drawback was the room was a long walk from reception but otherwise it could not be faulted. Previous reports have unrealistically written of transport costs. Equivalent of $A3 to shopping center is not extreme and the shuttle while a limited number of trips, does cover a number of alternatives so of course it takes some time.
Going back for business later in the year- no hesitation to book there again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jmjj3523
Yvette W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for the excellent review. Your comments state a great value to the entire team. We are happy and proud that our every day’s work is visible and reflects on our guests’ satisfaction and good impressions when they leave.

Thank you once again for your great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again later this year.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Love this resort! Room was nice and comfortable. We loved the great view of the golf course from our room. It made for such a relaxing stay. I only wished that the swimming pool can be bigger as it was quite small. The hotel staff also made a glitch on our room reservation but was quick to fix this for us. Service was much better as compared to other hotels in Malaysia. This accommodation is away from busy and dusty KL but there is still near many other malls so you are not really away from everything else. We also enjoyed our breakfast as the buffet spread had a quite a variety.This is important for my husband who loves having a wonderful breakfast before he starts his day. Would definitely recommend to friends and family for a short getaway from Singapore!

Room Tip: Check with reservations and have them give you rooms that have a view of the gold course.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Suliani

Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at HIKLG. Your feedback is much appreciated and we are extremely pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our services have been satisfactory.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We booked to stay for a week during the Grand Prix 2013. Have stayed in Holiday Inns around the world and are Ambassador priority members. We were sorely disappointed with this hotel choice.
On arrival, our upgrade wasn't offered, and the only suite available smelled strongly of smoke and overlooked the busy car park. Needless to say we chose to stay in our double room instead. No compensation for this was offered. Rooms are described in the hotel welcome pack as 'plush'. In reality they are very worn and tired looking, facing onto (what we later discovered to be very noisy) concrete corridors.
The executive club lounge is small, outdated and offers no where near the choice of snacks or drinks as other exec club lounges in the Group. It appears to be entered through what an best be described as a trades men's entrance which is a shame as the main lobby is very nice.
There seemed to be a lot of maintenance being carried out in the hotel rooms, though to be fair this seems to be during the day when most guests are out for the day. We were however trying to sleep as the amount of noise coming from corridors (and other guests using their bathrooms) meant sleep at night was almost impossible.
I wouldn't stay here again and, would not recommend it to others and, if all other hotels weren't already booked up because of the GP we would have considered moving.
Frankly disappointing Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne M

Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for providing your comments. Your opinion is very important for us and we are very sorry that you feel disappointed with your stay.

We would like to apologize as for the room you stayed in is not a true reflection of the product we pride ourselves on providing at our hotel. Please be rest assured your comments have been noted down, we appreciate them and will work on improving on which is within our control.

At the same time, maintenance work is in progress in our hotel due to the installation of the new BCPs for our rooms to continually improve our facilities to widen the choice of our services.

However, we thank you for bringing the matter to our attention and hope you will return to HIKLG on some future occasion when we shall do our best to ensure that you fully enjoy our hospitality. When you do, please contact me directly so that I can personally look after your stay.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I love being able to stay at any Priority Plus hotels because they take such pains to reward your loyalty - it certainly rates for me as the best programme among all such. So, I was quite happy when I had to put up at the Holiday Inn Glenmarie on a personal weekend trip to attend a friends wedding.

I asked for a room with a balcony because I was told that the view out of the golf course in the morning was fantastic with hot coffee and a newspaper. They didn't have a balcony room in the standard category I was booked in - so they upgraded me to a duplex suite with a patio! The room was huge - with the bed and shower up a spiral staircase. I thoroughly enjoyed the sun coming up on Sunday morning (despite a fairly late night of merry-making at the wedding). The breakfast was a fitting sequel - followed by some time to walk around and spend some time by the pool. Even with the golf season in full swing and the hotel fairly busy, the facilities did not seem cramped. The service was prompt and efficient. The food was great - both Asian and Western. I had thought I would spend time strolling a few malls in Bukit Bintang before I caught my bus back to Singapore - but ended up staying and enjoying the hospitality through till the early afternoon. It was exceptional - I thank you all!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Narayanisms
Yvette W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for your feedback on each of the aspect that you have experienced from the service to the facilities of our hotel. Also, we would like to thank you for your continuous loyalty as a Priority Club Reward member. It is great to know that your experience at HIKLG has been exceptional and I hope we get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed at Holiday inn Glenmarie from 11/03/13 to 15/03/13. This is the second time I have stayed here for business. I'm impressed by the quality of the service. Two examples of how they went the extra mile to server me which really made a positive impact on me.

1.) Went for breakfast one day and the Manager asked me what I would like to drink. I told him I don't mind a teah tarik, He told me it will take about 5 minutes to bring as they need to bring it from restaurant upstairs. since I was in a hurry I told him that's OK and no need.
I was pleasantly surprised when I went there next day, he got me the teah tarik even without asking and told me since I missed it previous day he wanted me to have it. What a service ! . Not only he remembered me he remembered my request as well.

2.) My room internet was slow and I told the front desk about this one day morning, When I came back after work they have installed a new wireless router for my room. :) . Awesome !

Please pass this message to those who helped me and tell them how much I appreciate their service. I stayed in room 334 from 11/03 to 15/03 .

Fazlan Haniffa.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

It is indeed a pleasure reading your comment after your second stay in our hotel, as well as giving us the opportunity to show you our ‘Stay Real’ service culture. I have shared your comments with the entire team and they are extremely pleased to hear from you with a positive feedback.

If we can be of any assistance during the next stay please do not hesitate to let us know. The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Guest Experience