“Astonishing scenery of golf grounds from room!”

Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Shah Alam
Singapore, Singapore
“Astonishing scenery of golf grounds from room!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Love this resort! Room was nice and comfortable. We loved the great view of the golf course from our room. It made for such a relaxing stay. I only wished that the swimming pool can be bigger as it was quite small. The hotel staff also made a glitch on our room reservation but was quick to fix this for us. Service was much better as compared to other hotels in Malaysia. This accommodation is away from busy and dusty KL but there is still near many other malls so you are not really away from everything else. We also enjoyed our breakfast as the buffet spread had a quite a variety.This is important for my husband who loves having a wonderful breakfast before he starts his day. Would definitely recommend to friends and family for a short getaway from Singapore!

Room Tip: Check with reservations and have them give you rooms that have a view of the gold course.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Suliani
Yvette W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at HIKLG. Your feedback is much appreciated and we are extremely pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our services have been satisfactory.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in near future.

Guest Experience Champion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Korean first
Riyadh
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We booked to stay for a week during the Grand Prix 2013. Have stayed in Holiday Inns around the world and are Ambassador priority members. We were sorely disappointed with this hotel choice.
On arrival, our upgrade wasn't offered, and the only suite available smelled strongly of smoke and overlooked the busy car park. Needless to say we chose to stay in our double room instead. No compensation for this was offered. Rooms are described in the hotel welcome pack as 'plush'. In reality they are very worn and tired looking, facing onto (what we later discovered to be very noisy) concrete corridors.
The executive club lounge is small, outdated and offers no where near the choice of snacks or drinks as other exec club lounges in the Group. It appears to be entered through what an best be described as a trades men's entrance which is a shame as the main lobby is very nice.
There seemed to be a lot of maintenance being carried out in the hotel rooms, though to be fair this seems to be during the day when most guests are out for the day. We were however trying to sleep as the amount of noise coming from corridors (and other guests using their bathrooms) meant sleep at night was almost impossible.
I wouldn't stay here again and, would not recommend it to others and, if all other hotels weren't already booked up because of the GP we would have considered moving.
Frankly disappointing Holiday Inn!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne M
Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for providing your comments. Your opinion is very important for us and we are very sorry that you feel disappointed with your stay.

We would like to apologize as for the room you stayed in is not a true reflection of the product we pride ourselves on providing at our hotel. Please be rest assured your comments have been noted down, we appreciate them and will work on improving on which is within our control.

At the same time, maintenance work is in progress in our hotel due to the installation of the new BCPs for our rooms to continually improve our facilities to widen the choice of our services.

However, we thank you for bringing the matter to our attention and hope you will return to HIKLG on some future occasion when we shall do our best to ensure that you fully enjoy our hospitality. When you do, please contact me directly so that I can personally look after your stay.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I love being able to stay at any Priority Plus hotels because they take such pains to reward your loyalty - it certainly rates for me as the best programme among all such. So, I was quite happy when I had to put up at the Holiday Inn Glenmarie on a personal weekend trip to attend a friends wedding.

I asked for a room with a balcony because I was told that the view out of the golf course in the morning was fantastic with hot coffee and a newspaper. They didn't have a balcony room in the standard category I was booked in - so they upgraded me to a duplex suite with a patio! The room was huge - with the bed and shower up a spiral staircase. I thoroughly enjoyed the sun coming up on Sunday morning (despite a fairly late night of merry-making at the wedding). The breakfast was a fitting sequel - followed by some time to walk around and spend some time by the pool. Even with the golf season in full swing and the hotel fairly busy, the facilities did not seem cramped. The service was prompt and efficient. The food was great - both Asian and Western. I had thought I would spend time strolling a few malls in Bukit Bintang before I caught my bus back to Singapore - but ended up staying and enjoying the hospitality through till the early afternoon. It was exceptional - I thank you all!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Narayanisms
Yvette W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for your feedback on each of the aspect that you have experienced from the service to the facilities of our hotel. Also, we would like to thank you for your continuous loyalty as a Priority Club Reward member. It is great to know that your experience at HIKLG has been exceptional and I hope we get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed at Holiday inn Glenmarie from 11/03/13 to 15/03/13. This is the second time I have stayed here for business. I'm impressed by the quality of the service. Two examples of how they went the extra mile to server me which really made a positive impact on me.

1.) Went for breakfast one day and the Manager asked me what I would like to drink. I told him I don't mind a teah tarik, He told me it will take about 5 minutes to bring as they need to bring it from restaurant upstairs. since I was in a hurry I told him that's OK and no need.
I was pleasantly surprised when I went there next day, he got me the teah tarik even without asking and told me since I missed it previous day he wanted me to have it. What a service ! . Not only he remembered me he remembered my request as well.

2.) My room internet was slow and I told the front desk about this one day morning, When I came back after work they have installed a new wireless router for my room. :) . Awesome !

Please pass this message to those who helped me and tell them how much I appreciate their service. I stayed in room 334 from 11/03 to 15/03 .

Fazlan Haniffa.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

It is indeed a pleasure reading your comment after your second stay in our hotel, as well as giving us the opportunity to show you our ‘Stay Real’ service culture. I have shared your comments with the entire team and they are extremely pleased to hear from you with a positive feedback.

If we can be of any assistance during the next stay please do not hesitate to let us know. The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Guest Experience
kanpur
Reviewed March 14, 2013

it is situated far from cocophony of city at cool location.really a beautyfully designed hotel, given good greeting at reception lobby and were sqarred up well in time and led to my room by very friendly staff.good and well trained staff there, The rooms wer quite spacious and room service was very good and fast,toilets were clean and airconditioning was good ,Taxi facility from hotel was good , breakfast was delicious

Room Tip: in terms of service quality i refer it
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank casudhirg
Yvette W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Your positive comments on the services, facilities and our staff are highly appreciated. We strive every day to ensure our guests enjoy their stay at the hotel and it is always encouraging when someone tells us they just did.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 9, 2013

this has been one of my 2nd home. Thanks for upgrading to new LED TV, however I would like urge the management to include 'starworld" into the movie channel so that it can balance off, new TV with reasonable programs.

I dont deny this is a place who want to get away from busy city. However, the front office needs to buck up in terms of service level and the speed of checking in should be improved.

This place is quite remote, its ashamed no spa and no activity and worst off with limited cable channel for long stay.

breakfast - please be consistent in the final food for breakfast guest. I noticed several times the final pdt of nasi lemak, some like glutinous rice and some were ok

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Yvette W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We very much appreciate your feedback and insights from your recent stay. About those little points that didn't meet your expectations, please be rest assured that the Duty Manager had already briefed the team and counselled them on this matter.

We do have "Starworld" available in one of our movie channels which had been upgraded recently. I am sorry if this information was not relayed to you during your stay.

We look forward to welcome you back and please be sure that we will take all measures to ensure your satisfaction for the next visit.

Guest Experience
Birkenhead
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Although a little way out of the city, the HI is a small oasis. Nicely designed hotel set in lush grounds and on a golf course. Executive rooms a good size with an enormous comfortable bed. The executive lounge serves a good breakfast, with free wine and snacks in the evening.
The pool at the hotel needs more sun loungers but we walked the five minutes to the adjoining country club and used their amazing outdoor Olympic size pool. They could make that area more attractive for sunbathers.
A free shuttle bus takes you to the train station for the 25 minute ride into the centre of KL.
All the staff are amazingly friendly, helpful and professional.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for an exec room and take advantage of the free breakfast and drinks and snacks in the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Yvette W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Greetings from Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie.

Thank you for sharing your experience in this review. Our staff are very happy to hear about your compliments and it is always nice to know that the breakfast and evening cocktail at the Executive Club Lounge never fails to impress our valued guest, like yourself. Your comments regarding the pool and the sun loungers will be noted down as part of our work for continuous improvement in the near future.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back to HIKLG.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shah Alam
Dorsett Grand Subang
Dorsett Grand Subang
#1 of 10 in Subang Jaya
Grand Bluewave Hotel Shah Alam

Been to Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie? Share your experiences!