“Cheap but you get what you pay for”

De Palma Hotel Shah Alam
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Shah Alam
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The rooms are very basic and need upgrading.
The worst things about the hotel: filthy pillows (need replacing), smelly rooms, poor cleaning, food average
Best things about hotel: Nice pool (clean and good size), good shower (but limited hot water), pleasant staff
I would not chose to stay at this hotel again and there are nicer places for a similar price.

Room Tip: Rooms on floor 5 seem to be slightly better
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for De Palma Hotel Shah Alam

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Office organised a workshop for two days and this is our first and last comeing he because or very bad service, slow, we want to check in at 1.30pm...but the the reception is not smiling at us and just say that just wait at 2.00pm to check in, however when we come back at 3.00pm, the room is not eady yet and no appology from hotel. We were very sad and will never come again. However, the foods is SUPERB!

Room Tip: Not recommended, room are to small..toilet ?? Very bad!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Yusrimau
Reviewed January 29, 2014

When I went to Shah Alam for study purpose, I stayed for 6 nights on this hotel. Despite of its old-fashioned furniture in bedroom and found few small cockroaches, I liked there. Good swimming pool, nice cuisine, and more of that, nice employees and also their manager. I also loved this hotel because it near food stall corner that sold local cuisine and therefore I could choose whether I ate in hotel or on food stall. It also near local hospital that had good medical facility and grocery store. I admitted that it far from train station, but I like to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pelupessy
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went to the hotel 3 months ago when I went to visit my doctor nearby and now I just drop by to visit the place to see any changes. Yes the place look good, the restaurant looks much more organised and they have a new Corner INDIAN FOOD . I tasted my favourite TEH TARIK and now they served in different large cups rather than glass mug. They lobby looks much larger and well arrange, Their children swimming pool was open with 3 small kids swimming and mother attending to them, the Resident Manager walked and invited me to view the kitchen..It was Clean and Neat. After viewing the hotel I will make my next seminar at this hotel. Has improved in Quality and Service.

Room Tip: Banquet Ballroom without pillars and only one floor up separate from Hotel Rooms, parking good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SAMSARUJEE
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Everything is good and average.. Well what can i expect more.. Its an old hotel but the service n facilities is still good.. I dont recommend the room buy their hall can say its very big... They have a lot of parking space.. And on friday they have pasar malam behind..

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank maya_joey
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Cheers guys!!
If not because of my company having meeting in this hotel I will never ever even looked at this place. Room too small for two person and worst still the shower room extremely inconvenience for a big bulky size body.
Upon checked in, found the window sills locked broken and have to called to fix. Why not fix before we checked in?? Not a safe place to stay I guess! Both my pillow have dirt stains and it was so obvious. My roommate have to buy extra towel from nearby shop to cover the stains pillow and sleep on. TV channel not clear and we couldn't bother to watch TV anymore. Carpet in the room looked dull and dirty. The light in the room not bright enough to do our homework. The two single bed in the room very small space to walked thru. Found hanging wire and open cracked aircond controller on the wall. The hallway carpet faulty smells. Overall, the room and hotel are all run down and very dirty too.
The foods in the restaurant not so much choices for me and my roommate as we not a big fan of hot & spicy foods. So we decided to go outside nearby cafe for chinese foods. From this hotel to Sunway Pyramid mall took about 15 - 20mins taxi approximately RM20. Please make sure the taxi is on meter.
I would not recommend anybody to stay in this hotel. Your call to try it out!
I do have few pictures but I choose not to post them here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2013

paid almost Rm300 for small room.if not my mistake they call deluxe room. moderate breakfast, no free newspaper for this exspensive room. if all this continued no reason to me to be return guest or suggest to others. the location also not so strategic hope the management reduce the rates as many budget hotel nearby

Room Tip: maybe you need to take look the room first before check in
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple