Stayed here over the weekend for one night. Hotel is located near Shah Alam's city centre (about 5-10 mins drive). Shah Alam is a very subdued, suburban district near Kuala Lumpur, and it does reflect the area around the hotel as well which consists of mainly residential areas.
What I Love:
1) Clean - The toilet and room is CLEAN and i LOVE it... 'nuff said. I hope they maintain the cleanliness. Kudos to whoever is "quality-checking" and maintaining the cleanliness of the hotel and hotel rooms.
2) Modern Furnishings - The bed is comfortable, the room is modern - and the flooring is covered in laminate which is easy to clean and gives your feet that luxurious feel when you move around the room, as opposed to dirty carpets and cold ceramic tiles. For a budget hotel, this is very impressive.
3) Well-maintained - Granted; its only a year old but the rooms, furnishings, bathrooms looks spanking new, and squeaky clean and I must say that i am very impressed by this.
What I Don't Quite Fancy:
1) Location - Not very prime and far when walking out to the main road / civilisation. Its in some obscure lane that it is easily missed if you take the wrong turn. You need a car to move and flagging down a taxi is a hopeless cause. Plus point is that its a stone's throw away from the Tesco Hypermart - which has a food court and some shops.
2) Breakfast - Food is cold, lacked variety, and tasted horrible.
3) Water Pressure - In the morning, the water pressure is really "water-cooler quantity" low. And when i asked the staff for help, it was acknowledged but no action was done to increase the pressure, which was disappointing.
4) Staff lack of knowledge - I asked for directions to two different areas in the district of shah alam but none of the staff knew where the places were and how to get there, which can be frustrating if you are a first-timer in that area.
I'm probably asking for too much since its a cheap budget hotel. I am very very happy with its cleanliness and modern rooms, but feedback on water pressure and some knowledge about the area around isn't asking for too much either.
Good, comfortable stay for a couple of nights stay-over or quick business. Not sure about longer term though - might be a tad too boring for some.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Alami Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.