“Great Resort”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Shah Alam
India
“Great Resort”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here with my best friend and business associates for business. The place is so cool and relaxing that I just loved it. From the moment we reached the hotel and till the time we departed everything was good. Staff is very friendly and extremely helpful with our requests. Room service was prompt and never delayed. Food was well-prepared, good in quality and tastefully presented. Rooms are good, clean and beautiful. Washroom was luxurious. Amenities are abundant and we had a great time there. We're looking forward to our return visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at the 'Club' at 7.30am after a night flight. I was pleasantly greeted at front desk and was allocated my room. Room size was great with separate sections for sitting, sleeping and bathroom facilities. Decor is dark earthy tones with controlled dimming lights that promote a relaxed environment. Rooms are very quiet and king size bed very comfortable. All fittings etc are also of high quality. If your into a turn down service, this occurs at approx 6.30pm. Attention to detail from housekeeping was high and the best that i have seen (although i haven't stayed in Asia before). Meals in several restaurants n complex was great and staff attentiveness was excellent. I will be staying there again on my next trip back.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Booked in for a wedding in the hotel that was on 5 days after I arrived. I had told the concierge that my phone was not working and had no other way of contacting friends. I asked if they could put me in contact with the wedding party as they were not staying there til the day of the wedding as they lived in Kuala Lumpur. They dismissed all my requests. After three days there on my own I eventually got in contact with other members of the wedding party to find out that I had over eight messages left at reception that I did not get and the bride and groom had come to the hotel to find me, all of which was not passed on. The concierge's only reply was that they had only message for me, that was over two days old, and that they made no effort to pass on to me. I had only a week there and spent most of it alone and very unhappy. The hotel only offered me pieces of fruit on a skewer to apologise. This is supposed to be a five star small luxury hotel, they were to me very unapologetic and fell so far of the mark for their service, my holiday was for me a very miserable time and will never return to their hotel, and possbily any other SLH.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 991DAvid115
Schwemlingen, Germany
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I am writing this review while staying at The Club Saujana. I booked this hotel online, with my confirmation clearly giving the name of the hotel. Upon arrival, I had to leave my passport and confirmation printout at front desk and was asked to take a seat at the lounge, where I had to carry my big suitcase myself, a first in many years of very frequent traveling in Asia. After a not very brief wait, I was told I was actually booked to the neighbouring property named only "The Saujana", but apparently run by the same company. I had arranged business meetings at the hotel and had been traveling all day, so I had no motivation to change. I was told I could stay against an additional payment of MYR 200, about EUR 50 for my one night stay. Front desk was unable to contact the agency I booked through, so I decided to pay reluctantly, bringing the price for the night to about EUR 160, pretty high for Malaysia.
What I got is a not very large room with no turndown service, a limited amount of cheap bathroom amenities, dirty water water shooting out with too much pressure from the tab in the bathroom, nothing that comes near any "club" privileges I could use and still or sparkling water as the only drink options at the only open restaurant (the food however was excellent).
Why on earth this hotel was until recently a "Leading Hotel of the World" and is now a "Small Luxury Hotel" is completely beyond me.
A fair value by Malaysian standards would be somewhere below EUR 100/Night, and the misleading term "Club" should be removed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank MrBrightside79
Dubai
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for almost a week. Found the service to be friendly and prompt. The rooms are large and spacious with light coming in. The view from the windows is green and on a rainy day is great to watch.

Room Tip: Take the rooms on floor 3 -4 as they give a larger view of the green area. I am not sure but some ro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Grantham
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just what you need after a busy day on business.
I arrived by hotel limo transfer at around 7.30pm after a 13 hour flight to be greeted by very friendly front desk staff. My room (ground floor) was big, and very well laid out, clean and tidy. It overlooked the lake. The Restaurants in the adjoining Saujana Hotel can be used, and offer good international buffet dinners. The restaurant at the Club provided a very generous breakfast buffet, with an egg station making egg dishes as you ordered.
The hotel provides a fee shuttle bus to the nearby Sunway shopping mall - but this is only one way, but taxis are plentiful outside the mall for the return trip.
I found that the rooms were very clean, and were checked twice a day.
I used the hotel limo service to and from the KLIA, and this is conveniently added to your bill. Not sure if it is "cheap" but it was so easy and convenient.
The hotel also provides a "Happy Hour" between 5.30 and 6.30 when guests can get free drinks from the bar.
The atmosphere was very peaceful and relaxing - a nice place to stay at the end of a working day. I would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Pool / Lakeside room on the ground floor
Belgium
Reviewed April 27, 2013

As a frequent business traveller I am a fan of the smaller hotels; This hotel belongs to the SLH.com group and is located west of the city of KUL. A taxi from KLIA airport will cost you about 100 MYR - 45 minutes.
Ideal location for people who are planning to fly out of Subang domestic airport (SZB), 5 minutes drive! . See also : www.fireflyz.com
Not only for SZB travellers but also for those who want to stay at a quiet hotel with a great focus on personal service. Being at this hotel I never had the impression to be so close to KL.
(green, hidden gem)
Initially I booked for 2 nights, to make sure I could keep my room in the afternoon
(Evening flight out of KLIA - 8PM)
When I explained this to Phoebe at the reception she confirmed that I didn't have to pay for 2 nights and that she could keep the room for me (as a SLH club member) till 6 PM
(which other hotel on earth gives you this flexibility? Amazing!)
Check-in was smooth & personalized. Welcome drink.
Room 203 located on the second floor. Big room but unfortunately no terrace.
Building and rooms are a little old but inside the room everything is clean.
Nice pool but due to the low season no additional services (drinks, food) available. Nice view from the pool - big golf course next to the hotel.
The restaurant is expensive but the food was great ; all dishes look like signature dishes and are very tasty. Nice to sit outside and excellent, personalized service / same for breakfast.
Around the hotel there are couple of restaurants at walking distance.
As SLH club member internet and breakfast were included ; internet connection could be improved (not stable)
In conclusion great value for money! Wills tay there again!
Thanks to the SLH staff. Great people! See you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shah Alam
#2 of 45 in Petaling Jaya
Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa
Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa
#4 of 45 in Petaling Jaya

Been to The Club Saujana Resort? Share your experiences!