“Great hotel but they got on my nerves” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Club Saujana Resort

The Club Saujana Resort
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Shah Alam
UK
“Great hotel but they got on my nerves”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Saujana Club itself has been renovated in the last few years, we have been coming here on and off for many years. The renovations have really improved the level of comfort in the place, the rooms are excellent with great facilities and very comfortable.

The service level is very good, the people are very helpful - BUT my big annoyance - there is only one restaurant in the CLUB and during our stay of three nights, every night it was reserved for private functions. This meant that we were basically turfed out of our hotel to go and find somewhere else to eat! Okay, there are three other restaurants that were open in the resort and thank goodness it wasnt pouring with rain, but it was a real pain to have to go searching around the grounds to find some food......

Personally I think if they want to hire out to private functions then they should put them in the main hotel facility and keep the CLUB restaurant open. After all, it is more expensive to stay in the club than the hotel and then they take away our facilities?!

If you like Golf, its got a great golf course!

Room Tip: Get the upgraded rooms - they are awesome. but maybe check first to see if they have private functio...
1 Thank TRAXUK
CocoWen, General Manager at The Club Saujana Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear TRAXUK,

Warmest greetings from The Club Saujana Resort Kuala Lumpur

Thank you for your feedback and we do apologize for being unable to meet your expectations on this occasion. Feedback like yours will enable us to monitor our service application, hence a more proactive approach in managing our restaurant bookings .

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Club Saujana Resort, whenever your travels brings you to Kuala Lumpur.

Safe Travel and Stay Well,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been staying here since 1997 for business and pleasure but probably this is the best hotel in KL if you want to find a hotel to relax in KL. Of course, it is not as convenient as staying near KLCC area, however, there are a few shopping malls nearby. It also has a good restaurants within the hotels, not to mention there are 2X18 holes championship golf courses. The swimming pool behind the hotel is very relaxing and the reception and the bar area is nicely done. This year, I have used it for my friend's birthday party and more recently for my business meeting and all the participants were extremely happy with the services. All of the staff are friendly and you can feel that they are trying to look after the hotel guests. So, if you are not in hurry and not too busy, I recommend to stay here instead of hotels around KLCC.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room that is facing the car park area.
1 Thank KLTokyo
CocoWen, General Manager at The Club Saujana Resort, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear KLTokyo

Warmest greetings from The Club Saujana Resort Kuala Lumpur

Thank you for the kind compliments and we are delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and memorable one as feedback like yours will further motivate my associates to strive and serve our guests better.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Club Saujana Resort, whenever your travels brings you to Kuala Lumpur.

San Mateo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've stayed here for six months for work. I can stay at the Shangri-La, the Pan Pacific, the InterContinental, etc. This is my choice because of the private Olympic sized pool with glass tiles, the 8 restaurants and bars (Italian, Japanese, Malay, European, Pub, Chinese, etc.) The property is beautiful -- with 3 pools (golf course/country club, main pool and Club pool). The artwork at the Club represents the best of historic Malaysia. It's easy to get into downtown KL or a mall (LRT, taxi, free hotel shuttle) when I want to...but its quiet and peaceful out here. It's green and attached to a golf course, driving range, there are tennis courts... This is a secret 'gem' and the Club at the Saujana's staff are incredible. (The manager used to work for St Regis and Shangri-La, so she knows how to manage!)

Room Tip: Pool Terrace rooms are great and open-out to the lawn / pool. Since there are fewer than 50 rooms o...
2 Thank GlobalAirlineExec
CocoWen, General Manager at The Club Saujana Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear GlobalAirlineExec

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Lovely birthday night stay here on our way to the Cameron Highlands from KL International Airport. Room was spacious.Massive bathrooms.Great shower. Easy check-in and Staff friendly. Nice big pool. Excellent nasi lemak for breakfast and breakfast was nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HappySydChampers
CocoWen, General Manager at The Club Saujana Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear HappySydChampers

Warmest greetings from The Club Saujana Resort Kuala Lumpur

Thank you for staying with us and we are delighted to hear that your stay was an enjoyable and memorable one as feedback like yours will further motivate my associates to strive and serve our guests better.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Very satisfied with everything and look forward to returning soon. Service is good and room very comforatble. My no 1 Choice !

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CocoWen, General Manager at The Club Saujana Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Ashamms

Warmest greetings from The Club Saujana Resort Kuala Lumpur

Thank you for staying with us and we are delighted to hear that your stay was an enjoyable and memorable one, as one would expect when staying at The Club Saujana Resort, a Small Luxury Hotel, being the finest among the crowd. Feedback like yours will further motivate my associates to strive and serve our guests better.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Our stay was very pleasant, but 2 nights was enough for me, not a lot to do around the area, if you don't play golf.
The resort is lovely and the staff are wonderful, happy hour is great also.
A very relaxing time is what you will have.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at The Club Saujana Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Aufidia,

Warmest greetings from The Club Saujana Resort Kuala Lumpur

Thank you for staying with us and we are delighted to hear that your stay was an enjoyable and memorable one, as one would expect when staying at The Club Saujana Resort, a Small Luxury Hotel of the World, being the finest among the crowd. Feedback like yours will further motivate my associates to strive and serve our guests better.

Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

The bathroom was probably bigger than the bedroom. Huge bath, one of the biggest I've seen. Separate 'his and her' sinks. The toilet was in a separate room, likewise the shower.
There was a large hallway area for the cupboards, coffee machines, fridge etc. One comment is I couldn't work the coffee machine - they should have instructions!
The bedroom area was nice, with large tv. Only criticism was the double bed was only a double, not the larger size.
The fruit in the fruit basket was rather old.
Otherwise it was great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
, General Manager at The Club Saujana Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear LizinKL,

Warmest greetings from The Club Saujana Resort Kuala Lumpur

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit. I have taken note pertaining to the coffee machine and also the fruit basket and I would like to apologize for the inconveniences it had caused you on this occasion. Rest assured that we have reviewed and a remedial process has been initiated.

Please do not hesitate to contact my office if I can be of any assistance to you.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Club Saujana Resort, whenever your travels bring you back to Kuala Lumpur.

Warmest regards

Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur
#2 of 341 in Kuala Lumpur
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,355 reviews

Been to The Club Saujana Resort? Share your experiences!