$109
$53
$50
$78
$69
Sri Packers Hotel(Sepang)(Great Value!)
$44
$40
Moon Eleven near LCCT and KLIA(Sepang)(Great Value!)
$16
  • Restaurant
$10
TripAdvisor
2,694 results
All reviewssama samaairport hotelpremier floordegrees restaurantthe club loungeexecutive floorgolf buggyfree buggy servicebaggage claimlong flightpan pacificelectric buggykuala lumpurarrivals hallmain terminalnext morningbetween flights
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed here last weekend for the Formula 1 Grand Prix as it is the only 5 star hotel anywhere near the track and found it to be excellent in every way. The hotel was overbooked but still managed to provide great service. It definitely deserves the best airport hotel status. I usually stay in high end international chains like the Grand Hyatt or Mandarin Oriental but found this to be an excellent alternative.

Check in staff were friendly and helpful and my luggage was taken straight to my room.

The buggy service from the airport is a big bonus. I travelled to and from the track on the bus from below the airport so used the buggy several times and it was always quick and easy. When I left at midnight they put me and my cases on the buggy, drove to the airport lift and loaded my stuff onto a trolley. Ideal.

I had breakfast each morning and it was everything you could want in terms of choice and quality. I also had the lunch buffet and it was excellent and great value. There is a coffee shop in the lobby that serves all kinds of deli items, cakes and bread products to either eat there or take away. I found this very convenient as I was travelling alone and didn't always want a full meal in the restaurant. Good prices too.

The room was large, comfortable and had free wifi. The only thing I could fault is they don't do turndown at night which I do appreciate. I guess if I had expressly asked for it they would have provided the service.

I think some of the reviews on here are for the other Sama Sama that is within the airport as they don't make sense. There is a very good restaurant serving all sorts of food and not just pizza type food. The other hotel is just a stopover one and not designed for long stay.

Overall, a great hotel and although not near KL city, you can get anywhere using the trains and buses. For a stopover you would go a long way to find a better hotel.

Room Tip: As there are no views to be had I can't see it would make much difference really. They have one club floor but other than that I think any room would be fine.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
khaslina, Manager at Sama-Sama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Wendybatch,

Warm Greetings from Sama Sama Hotel Kl, International Airport!

We thank you for staying with us during your last visit to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. We are delighted that our vision to " Create Meaningful Connection" have reached you and effort in transforming the property into a brand new look are appreciated.
It's so nice to see that you enjoyed our service and facilities. We are glad that we are able to give you a great impression even at only a short stay with us. We look forward for your next visit when transiting through Malaysia and till then, happy travels!

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Excellent location, connected to the airport. Building impressive when you arrive in the foyer. But..........
We had booked a Club/Executive Floor Room, there was confusion on our arrival about checking in downstairs. We are then told the Club Room Lounge is closed for 5 days for maintenance and we can still have cocktails and breakfast downstairs. Check-in was not warm, friendly but awkward. Our room was very nice very modern, bed very comfortable. S no Club Room to go for a cool juice or coffee so we went to the Pool, beautiful oasis in this Hotel. But no drinks available directly but they ordered in for us, like room service.

Thought about this and made a complaint to the Reception in the lobby that out price included the lounge and non-alcoholic drinks during the day. I will give them their dues they quickly sorted this out and credited our juices at the pool and said he could have complimentary coffee.
I should not have had to make this approach to them, they should have organised this prior to guests arrival. This is not 5 star service.

The cocktails in the evening had been set up in a nice lounge, with very good food choices, an limited drink choices, when my husband asked for a spirit he was told the Hotel had run out.

To top this all off break fast was from 6am, we arrived at this time due to our early flight time.
The food was not set up, it was only partially there. The lady apologised and said she did not know why the young man in charge did not have things ready. So in the end we had a cup of tea and a couple of pastries he had laid out. We left at 6.20am and breakfast was still not set up.
So much for having a cooked egg. We paid a lot of money for this room for a touch of luxury and we did not get this. We had just spent 7 nights at a 4 Star Hotel Club Room that out performed this place.

I know the Hotel has been under pressure over these recent weeks but I am sorry the Management have not got their management / leadership right.

Excellent location, excellent facilities, why let yourself down.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank corokiwi
khaslina, Manager at Sama-Sama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Mrs. Corokiwi,
Warm Greetings from Sama-Sama Hotel Kuala Lumpur International Airport!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at the SAMA-SAMA Hotel KL International Airport .Your comments with regards to the challenges you have encountered during your arrival, dining issue and the lack of attention of our associate has been addressed with the team to avoid future recurrence .Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused with regards to the unclear explanation about the Premier Floor lounge renovation and unavailability of requested beverages and this is truly our mistake that we have fail to fulfill your request. Rest assured that the feedback will be shared with the section involved for their immediate attention and for training purposes as well.

Mrs. Corokiwi, it is not our intention to deliberately inconvenience our guest and truly regret you were not able to experience the true Sama-Sama hospitality. My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back once again under better circumstances. Appreciate if you can email me personally with regards of your experience during your stay with us.

Best Regards,
Guest Services Centre Manager

Reviewed April 4, 2014

The staff at the reception was not very friendly, didn't inform us about anything. We had to find our room ourselves and we carried our luggage ourselves - for a five star hotel this is not appropriate.
The room plus bathroom was very nice and clean.
The restaurant was terrible. The staff was not friendly and one waiter was even insolent! This was not at all a five-star service. The food was expensive but average quality.
The breakfast buffet was varied, there were a lot of different things but unfortunately the toast was mouldy.
It is a wannabe five star hotel that disappointed us - maybe it was just really bad luck?

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank huaberseppfranz

Dear Huaberseppfranz ,

Warm Greetings from Sama Sama Hotel Kuala Lumpur International Airport!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at the SAMA SAMA Hotel KL International Airport .Your comments with regards to the challenges you have encountered with our friendliness of our front desk team, overlooked of your luggage during your arrival by our bell team, dining experience issue and lack of attention of our service team associate has been addressed with the team to avoid future recurrence .Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused and rest assured that your feedback will be shared with the section involved for their immediate attention and for training purposes as well.

Huaberseppfranz, it is not our intention to deliberately inconvenience our guest and truly regret you were not able to experience the true Sama Sama hospitality. Appreciate if you can email me personally with regards of your experience during your stay with us.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had an eight hour stopover at Kuala Lumpur hotel with my wife and three year old daughter. Arrived at the hotel and they refused to provide us a room at the agreed rate as we were 20 mins late - despite having a very tired little girl with us. They instead offered us a much higher full day rate. We asked to talk to the manager, who had no interest in meeting us and was shockingly unhelpful. All in all, a terrible experience and the hotel is not recommended to families, as the attitude of staff is not family friendly at all.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank gulf79

Dear Gulf79,
Warm Greetings from Sama Sama Hotel KL, International Airport!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at the SAMA SAMA Hotel KL International Airport. We truly regret the experience you have encountered during your stay with us.

Our Director of Rooms ,Ms Carol was deeply concerned to read your feedback and wanted to personally conduct further investigations on your comments .I hope that you be so kind enough to furnish us your details in order for us to proceed with our follow up actions. Perhaps you could be kind enough to contact me directly at the hotel and we will be able to communicate from there. Our room rates does not fluctuate within 20 minutes as you mentioned.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Haslina bt Kamaruddin

Reviewed April 2, 2014

The hotel is very convenient for the international airport at Kuala Lumpur, being connected by a covered walkway. The hotel also has a continuous shuttle service of buggies over to the hotel – handy as it’s about a 10 minute walk. There is a check-in desk at the baggage reclaim area in the airport, so you can usefully check in while waiting for your bags to arrive. The lobby is huge with a marble floor, so quite classy. We were booked into a ‘premier’ room on the 9th floor and with that came quite a lot of attractive extras: free breakfast from 6-11am; a dedicated front desk for the floor with helpful staff for checking out and answering questions; and 2 items of laundry would be done free of charge! Our room was spacious, with an open view across to the control tower - and there was no noise at all. There was a wide choice of things for breakfast – even just before they closed! The outdoor pool was scenic, set in a tropical garden, and refreshing (but not cold).

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple