“Mixed Feelings About Sama-Sama...”

Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Sepang
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Positives:

- you can check in at baggage claim, get your bags and then get ride in a golf cart to the hotel

- the 24 hour room service was actually decent...almost good...I loved the potatoes with my giant "American Burger"

Things They Need to Work on:

- I called within 2 minutes of getting into my room and asked for another one with one bed. I was with my wife and baby. They ignored me. I called again 10 minutes later and they gave the same response...we'll call you. I pushed the 2 tiny beds together and tried not to sleep in the crack or let my baby get sucked in. Sama Sama KL airport: please work on your communication

-The room was super techy...touchscreen to control everything, but we couldn't figure out how to turn off the bed-side lamps...had to do it the old fashion way and use the switch. This could my fault!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I had reservations about this hotel thinking that, being an airport hotel, it would probably be unmemorable, tired and down at heel. We had booked a standard room but were given an upgrade to a suite. It was superb, newly renovated and extremely stylish.

On entering, we walked into a spacious sitting room with sofa, coffee table, desk and TV. Off this was a generous toilet and hand basin. The bedroom was large with a very comfortable bed. There was an enormous bathroom with a bath, huge shower, loo and hand basin plus plenty of wardrobe space, ironing board, iron and a large safe. All beautiful.

Then came the disappointment. There are two restraints off the beautiful lobby. One of them had loud music playing, a bar and served casual food such as hamburgers, steaks, pizzas etc. on looking at the second restaurant which is called Degrees, we preferred it. Degrees also ran a buffet.

We were presented with iPads on which we could view the menu and order our meal. We ordered drinks which took an age to arrive. The food took almost half an hour. My husband ordered a noodle dish with a separate bowl of soup. I ordered a medium-rare steak with fries. The steak arrived rare and my husband's meal Luke warm. The F&B manager took away my steak to cook it a little more and I told him I wanted hot fries when he returned it. The steak was returned with cold fries. The waitress was about to remove it so I told her to leave my steak and bring me hot fries which she did. My husband was told that he could eat from the buffet so he chose freshly prepared spaghetti bolognese. He went to get some water melon only to find that the dish had not been replenished so he had to ask for this to be done I had chocolate ice-cream which arrived half melted as it was sitting at the buffet.we complained to the F&B Manager and also to the hotel's General Manager who listened but didn't even apologise to us. The whole meal just spoiled our evening having been given such a lovely room.

The General Manager told us that the management had plans to reconfigure the restaurants so you may, some time in the future, get luckier than us.

Room Tip: The suites are gorgeous but we caught a glimpse of a room and that looked good too.
1  Thank lferstendik
khaslina, Manager at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Mr.Carmadgirly,

Warm greetings from Sama Sama Hotel ,KL International Airport!

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am glad that you have enjoyed a very comfortable stay with us in our newly renovated rooms. We appreciate your highlight on the two areas that we could seek for improvement. The team at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport joins me in thanking you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Appreciate if you can email me personally with regards of your experience in our restaurant during your stay with us.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Take the complimentary golf cart buggy from level 2 at the international terminal and it will drop you a few minutes later at the entrance to the hotel and you never even have to leave the terminal.

440 rooms have all been upgraded. We were lucky to get an upgrade to a junior suite and after entering the room we were pleasantly surprised. You enter the lounge area with a desk and comfortable seating area. Smart modern carpets decorate the floor and the bedroom has hi tec features with electronic curtains and console controlled lighting. Large comfortable beds and charging points next to the bed for your phone.

Nice modern bathroom with separate shower cubicle with rain head shower. Oddly the clothing storage is in the bathroom.

We ate in the restaurant called degrees. The food was poor. The service was lacking and the management was nowhere to e seen. Just as well it was only one night, but the hotel knows they have problems, so let's hope they do something about it as the duty manager said they are planning 2 new restaurants in 2014

Room Tip: If you have problems make sure the management know about it

Dear ExplorerLondonUk,

Warm Greetings from Sama Sama Hotel KL International Airport!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at the SAMA SAMA Hotel KL International Airport. We are delighted for our vision to “Create Meaningful Connection”, reached you brilliantly in area of hotel stay. Therefore ,we truly regret the experience you have encountered during your visit to our Restaurant.

Our Food and Beverage Manager was deeply concerned to read your feedback and wanted to personally conduct further investigations on your comment .I hope that you be so kind enough to furnish us your details in order for us to proceed with our follow up actions. Perhaps you could be kind enough to contact me directly at the hotel and we will be able to communicate from there on. My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back once again under better circumstances.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally and we will do our best to ensure you have a memorable stay with us.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

onsidering it's an airport hotel, it was brilliant! we booked what seemed like 5 star rooms for a low price. It's easily accessible by buggy from the airport (always wanted to do that, and it was brilliant!). The staff are always eager to help-carrying bags etc. The rooms themselves were also wonderful.
The food was good, although many things were to extravagant for me, and is mainly malaysian cuidine but things such as cereal are available. There is an outdoor pool area and spa which is average, but still refreshing.
It was my first visit to Asia on a stop-off to New Zealand, and I was aprehensive, but this hotel was a perfect introduction to the culture and assured me that it was a lovely country.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear TomosW,

Warm Greetings from Sama Sama Hotel ,Kl International Airport!

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It's so nice to see that you enjoyed our service and facilities. We are glad that we are able to give you a great impression even at only a short stay with us. We look forward for your next visit when transiting through Malaysia and till then, happy travels!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have stopped here overnight between Australia and the UK for many years and this was my first stop since the hotel changed name. It still provides the same high quality service and facilities with free wi-fi being reliable and easy to access. The main difference is the much needed update of the rooms resulting in technological controls for everything in the room, including curtains! If you're not good with technology, get someone to show you exactly how it all works. The locked fridge can be opened electronically by Reception. When I have a longer wait between flights its location makes a train journey into Kuala Lumpur very feasible.

Room Tip: The basic rooms are absolutely fine with more expensive rooms not really adding that much value
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
khaslina, Manager at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear HafodBluemounta,

Warm Greetings from Sama Sama Hotel KL, International Airports!

We thank you for staying with us during your last visit to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. . We are delighted that our vision to " Create Meaningful Connection" have reached you and effort in transforming the property into a brand new look are appreciated.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

very nice hotel - beautiful, clean and service was great! I would go back in a second. I particularly liked the electronic controls in the room. pool area is beautiful and the entire setting is exotic and clean and right next to airport to boot!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear David B,

Warm Greetings from Sama Sama Hotel KL, International Airports!

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed the one-night stay with us. We are delighted that our vision to " Create Meaningful Connection" have reached you and effort in transforming the property into a brand new look are appreciated.

We take your positive review on board in our effort to strive towards achieving excellence in service and facility. The team at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport looks forward to welcoming you again for another `Sama Sama` hotel experience with us in the near future!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Just spent a night at this hotel and found it amazing, the staff were very friendly and the room was unbelievable! Everything you need for a short stay, I would highly recommend this hotel for a short stay.

1  Thank luv2travelsurrey