“A 5 star experience!”

Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Sepang
Reviewed September 20, 2013

After travelling throughout south east asia for 2 weeks we had to overnight at KLIA. We had done this before at the LCC terminal and stayed at Tune, but this time decided to stay in a little luxury.

We are so glad we did. The rooms were spacious and spotless, the staff very friendly, and the views of the runways spectacular.

Only 10mins walk from the terminal, or a free buggy ride.

The business lounge on the 9th floor with pre dinner cocktails was an adds bonus.

Wifi was fast and free, air con reliable, and had a great nights sleep.

In our opinion well worth the extra to stay at sama sama over Tune to feel relaxed before your flight.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
khaslina, Manager at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear rben,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It's so nice to see that you enjoyed our service and facilities. We are glad that we are able to give you a great impression even at only a short stay with us. We look forward for your next visit when transiting through Malaysia and till then, happy travels!

Guest Services Centre Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,502)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Lets start with the pros. Its walking distance from arrivals and departures. The lobby is beautiful, the rooms are spacious and spotless and plenty of hot water. Bed comfortable.
Cons are:-
the place is awash with technology, ask for a menu in the bar and they give you an ipad which seems to substitute for a friendly greeting.
The light controls are ridiculously nerdy. What is wrong with simple switches.
Being an airport hotel it is of course expensive for drinks and food.
The buffet in the "Degrees " was aspiring but didn't get there. Much of the food was cold and the serving/kitchen staff were surly with a few notable exceptions. The sauce for the Roast beef was in a bain marie which hadn't been switched on so was cold. Nobody was checking this so it came as a total surprise to the staff!!!! Attitude of the staff was not what I expect from a hotel which is claiming 5 star status. My wifes food was inedible yet she was treated as if she didn't exist by the serving staff. Eventually the "Manager" came to our table full of apologies but I had to tell him to direct his excuses to my wife who was the most agrieved party.
If you want a close to airport bed while waiting for a connecting flight then stay here but dont expect too much. Probably better to catch the train into KL.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clive H
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was the hotel recommended by my travel consultant, due to the close proximity to the airport, which just was a short walk away, or you can get picked up by the golf cart. This was a fantastic hotel, rooms are spacious and clean, and a fantastic choice of restaurants in the hotel lobby. The pool was a great relief, and welcoming after a long flight, and if you have the time, they also offer a massage service. I was worried about the noise level, due to the close proximity to the airport, but I must say that I didn't hear any planes while I was in my room or while I was sleeping.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank hotel90
khaslina, Manager at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Hotel90,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed the one-night stay with us. We take your positive review on board in our effort to strive towards achieving excellence in service and facility. The team at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport looks forward to welcoming you again for another `Sama Sama` hotel experience with us in the near future!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

A really nice hotel which is very clean. Right next door to the International Airport - KLIA - actually can walk over using a skybridge.
The restaurant serves the best food I have tasted. A find afternoon lunch buffet with many choices.
Though next to the airport was unable to hear any aircraft from inside the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ismail,

Thank you for choosing Sama Sama Hotel KLIA as your preferred choice and I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recognising our effort to provide excellent service and facility. The team at Sama Sama Hotel KL International Airport looks forward to welcoming you again for another Sama Sama experience in the near future!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I will be checking in at Sama Sama Hotel tomorrow and I find myself confused with the booking the office sent me. First of all, I was not aware that the used to be Pan Pacific, where I normally check in when I am in KLIA, is now called Sama Sama Hotel! Really no point in researching what happened to Pan Pacific label of this establishment, all I know is that I liked it there. Second, my booking doesn't include room service or minibar which is the normal reservation the office makes. It's a weekend so no point in sending the office my query so I thought it best to email Sama Sama Hotel. Surprisingly I got the reply a few hours after I sent my message! This is what I call good hotel service - management looks into all concerns of guests even would be guests.

Since there is apparently a change in management from Pan Pacific to Sama Sama Hotel I am not sure what to expect. Their communication may have exceeded my expectations but I could not completely give them a good rating when it comes to hotel service. I will find out tomorrow.

I will definitely write again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
khaslina, Manager at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Allen A,

I want to express my appreciation for your generosity in supporting Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport! Your invaluable feedback is exceptionally beneficial in our journey to drive quality customer care and in overall, look at ways to improve the experience for all of our guests.Please be so kind to drop me a note when you reaching at Sama Sama Hotel and if there is any other preferences we should take note to ensure you enjoy your stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed at the hotel whilst in transit. It is a lovely, 5 star hotel with generous sized rooms, some free snacks in the rooms and nice staff. We were using the low cost airline terminal and didn't quiet realise this hotel was so far away from there.. $50R by taxi. Made for a very early start..

Room products were a bit on the cheap side ie shampoo and conditioner although there were stacks of them!

The King bed was beautiful. A little bit of room noise could be heard as others entered their rooms nearby.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MauriceCummins,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am glad that you have enjoyed a very comfortable stay with us. We appreciate your highlight on the areas that we could seek for improvement. The team at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport joins me in thanking you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This Hotel would also be great for a longer stay. The rooms are a good size, clean and well appointed and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Although we didn't use it the hotel has a swimming pool to relax around. The breakfast selection was amazing and catered for all nationalities. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple