“delighted”

Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Sepang
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Breaking our journey to Sydney, we decided to treat ourselves to a night at the airport. We checked in at 9.00am and quite expected to have to wait for a room to be available, but were delighted when we were given an upgrade. We spent a relaxing day and night before our next flight. A big thank you to all the friendly staff at the Sama Sama.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicholas G
khaslina, Manager at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Nicholas G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback via TripAdvisor.com and for selecting Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airports as your preferred Business here in Kuala Lumpur. Your invaluable feedback is exceptionally beneficial in our journey to drive quality customer care and in overall, look at ways to improve the experience for all of our guests.

The Management will certainly look into your feedback in an effort to review the facilities and benefits be offered. I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks to you for highlighting this matter to us. Your feedback is extremely beneficial to us as we are able to look into areas that we might not been aware of, if you have not taken the time to inform us.

Once again Nicholas G ,thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. If I can ever be of assistance or service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly .It would be our pleasure to welcome you again to Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport in the not too distant future.

Haslina/Guest Service Centre Manager

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Easy check-in at the baggage collection point, whisked off to the hotel by the friendly buggy driver. Straight up to our room, no problems whatsoever. The room was newly renovated and comfortable enough after a long flight from Sydney. The air conditioning was a little bit noisy but other than that, our stay overnight was comfortable. The buffet breakfast was great. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Would defintely stay here again.

2  Thank Carol K

Dear Carol K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for selecting Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport as your hotel of choice when you were here. We remain committed to being the hotel of choice for all our guest and strive to exceed guests’ expectation whenever we can.

Our associates are certainly a blessing to the organization and take pride in providing personalized, friendly service to our guests. And a same note, we will highlighted on noisy air conditioning to the managers concerned for their attention and action.

Once again,Carol K, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. If there is anything we can do to make your future stay better, please do not hesitate to contact me. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again to SAMA-SAMA HOTEL KL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Key message: This is NOT a 5* hotel.

We stayed at this hotel prior to a late evening flight from KLIA in late January. The plus point are the obvious benefit of being connected to the airport. There is a buggy service that runs 24hours that uses the interconnecting sky corridor. Newly renovated rooms are generally modern and good, with good lighting, air conditioning and powerful shower. Breakfast buffet is excellent. Free printing of boarding pass.

Refurb' work was being carried out during my stay. Lots of noise so beware if you are booking at this time.

There are lots of negatives that I feel prevent this hotel being a true 5* hotel. Service is poor, including unhelpful and discourteous check in. Twin beds are extremely narrow. Auto Mini-Bar didn't function, toilet seat was broken, shower door leaked, no bed-side light switch, TV reception and Wi-Fi internet poor and quite slow. Hotel feels sparse and poorly laid out, including a very long walk through an ugly and indecorous route to get to the pool and gym. Steam room isn't impressive, and gym is 'okay'. Lobby bar lacks any character, restaurant options are paltry, facilities and entertainment are somewhat drab.

I struggle to see the glory described in previous reviews. Maybe the hotel was better under previous brand "pan pacific". Sama Sama doesn't impress.

Room Tip: High floors
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Rick1UK
SundraK, Manager at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Rick1UK,

Thank you for choosing SAMA-SAMA HOTEL KL International Airport and taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback on your stay.

Your experience is of great concern to us and we deeply regret that the aspects of our service did not reflect the quality we strive for and we do sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. There is no excuse for the apparent indifferent services and product. If you would be so kind to provide me with the room numbers that you have stayed in as well as your reservation details. With this information we are able to rectify the bad conditions mentioned and also we are able to send you personnel note of apoligie.

Please drop me a note on your next visit, so that we can make that a memorable stay. Thank you again.

Sundra Kulendra
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Located conveniently adjacent to KLIA, we have stayed at this hotel a number of times, both before it's name and management change, and afterwards. All the changes occurred seamlessly to the public early January 2013 and the high level of customer service and professionalism has been maintained.

The staff are warm and friendly and present as a close family welcoming you to their home.

The lobby is grand and impressive. From the lobby area there is an entrance to the main restaurant which is one of the finest buffet experiences to be enjoyed with a large range of asian and non-asian foods. A relaxing sitting area / piano bar outside the restaurant and opposite the check-in lobby is another place to enjoy drinks and food.

Rooms are extremely well appointed, clean and well maintained.

Arriving into KLIA on an international flight, there is a check-in counter for the hotel after immigration and before baggage collection. This means all the admin for check-in and key collection can be completed while waiting for the baggage to hit the carousel! Once you have your baggage, you can proceed to the point where the little buggy will pick you and your baggage up and whisk you quickly to the hotel lobby. As you already have your key from the earlier check-in, you just go straight to your room, quickly followed by your baggage which has been magically transferred from the buggy to a trolley and delivered by a porter. The buggy is available 24/7.

The hotel is about a 20 minute taxi ride from the KL Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) which is on the otherside of the airfield, for any 'Air Asia' flights. This distance and time needs to be factored into your plans if transferring from LCCT to KLIA or vice versa. In any event, even if you are only using 'Air Asia', it is well worth the taxi ride each way to enjoy the Sama Sama Hotel experience.

Sama Sama is not only a great hotel for a short stay stop over, but is also a great 'out of town' base from which to explore the city of Kuala Lumpur which can be accessed easily via KLIA Ekspres, the premium non-stop high-speed train service that connects KLIA and the Kuala Lumpur city centre.

Sama Sama is our hotel of choice for Kuala Lumpur and we will be back!

2  Thank GS_new_horizons

Dear GS_New Horizons,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at SAMA-SAMA HOTEL KL International Airport during your visit to Kuala Lumpur. Your feedback is of great assistance in the improvement of our service.

Thank you for all your lovely comments towards our hotel and associates. Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport prides itself on a practical focus and in supporting personalized care by developing strong relationships with our guests. And thus, this is certainly a reward for us.

Once again, GS_New Horizons , thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. If there is anything we can do to make your future stay better, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again to Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport.

Sundra Kulendra
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here for the third time in a month and was proudly told that I would be checked in on the 9th(?) floor. I obviously thought I had been upgraded - no such luck - the room, although ok, was exactly the same as on the two previous stays.
After an evening of vastly overpriced food and drink, to the accompaniment of drunken Japanese businessmen drinking until they vomited, I went to bed.
My real problem was at check out when I queried the bill which was considerably higher than the previous times I had stayed. The reason given was that I had not used the on-line booking system - the reason for this was that I had tried to book too early and the dates were not in the system. I didn't know this so I had e-mailed the hotel and a very helpful person at the other end offered to make me the booking "at the Internet rate".
When I pointed this out to the reception staff at Sama Sama I was met with an indifference bordering on contempt. I asked them to look into it and assumed that was what was happening. I sat there for about 15 minutes before I decided to query what was happening and was told in a very cold fashion that "we have already told you what the charge is" - and that was it!! I had a flight to catch and I didn't see the point of arguing with staff who were treating me like something they had trodden in so I left.
I would advise anyone staying here to double check the rate they are going to pay and to avoid their special 9th floor check in - unless you enjoy being made to feel small.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank SueBaz0
ksundralingam, Manager at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear SueBaz0,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest during your last visit to Sama-Sama Kuala Lumpur International Airport. We the management are anxious to know what transpired with the booking indifference. As for 9th floor Premier floor services experience differences are that breakfast at the Premier Lounge is inclusive with the room rate and cocktail hour in the evening with unlimited food & beverages. Also extended check in & check out at the lounge itself without waiting in line at the main counter. And other services included for meetings. Please do contact me for I am able give you details on your query on rates variances. Our sincere apologies on your experience with our associate at the checkout counter and rest assured that management will take a keen interest by seeing improvement in this area of guest contact.

We are committed to you, our valued customers, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us. Nothing is more important than regaining your trust and all of us here hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again soon and provide you the positive Hotel Experience you have come to expect from us. Thank you

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel was formerly known as the Pan Pacific KLIA.

We stayed here on the last night of our Malaysian holiday. We chose this hotel because we had an early flight back home and we didnt want to subject the children to an hour long drive from KL city centre at 6am as well as the flight all in the one morning.

We checked in on the 8th January and our first impression of the hotel was fantastic. The lobby is very grand and opulent and the staff are very professional. We checked in to 2 club suites on the 5th floor.
These rooms were newly renovated and extremely tasteful and comfortable. They had a spacious family room with a couch, table and desk, a bedroom with new and comfortable beds and a modern very spacious bathroom. The rooms also contained a powder room at the front entrance with a second toilet and basin.

The hotel is undergoing refurbishment and will be finished by March. There was renovation noise on the floor below but there was adequate warning from the hotel that there would be some noise between 9am and 5pm. During that time we used the pool and explored the airport.

We walked over to the airport via the undercover bridge which took 5-10minutes but the hotel provides a 24 hour buggy service between themselves and the airport which we used the next morning with all of our luggage. (which my 5yo son enjoyed immensely!)
The bridge takes you straight into level 2 at the airport and all you need to do is get the lift to level 5 and check in.

We used the swimming pool as well which was quite large and resort style with a childrens wading pool and a spa. The facilities at the hotel are very good to relax and unwind before your next flight.

We also went up to the club lounge. As is the policy through most hotels, young children are not allowed in the lounge which is absolutely fine by me, but the hotel kindly offered for either my husband or myself to come up and take any drinks or nibbles any time and bring them back to our rooms for our children.

Breakfast the next morning in the buffet restaurant was very extensive and delicious.

I can highly recommend the Sama-Sama Hotel to anyone needing a high quality hotel for a short layover or even anyone wishing to pamper themselves and recouperate at the end of their holiday.
In future, we will incorporate a night or two stay at this hotel when next on holiday in Malaysia.

Thank you Sama-Sama for a lovely experience. I am sorry it wasn't longer, but I know for next time.

Room Tip: The club suites are great value and very comfortable and spacious
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 777Genie777

Dear 777Genie777,

Thank you for detailed experience at the Hotel. We are delighted that our associates and our facilities met with your expectation. The hotel’s renovations will be fully completed by mid April 2013 due to some delays on rectification work. We have been continuously upgrading our guest experience to meet your satisfaction. Welcoming you back in the hotel would be a great pleasure Thank you

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I thought the rooms were absolutely beautiful. When we checked in we booked a very expensive cab for 11pm to the LCCT terminal. We got there at 10:55pm- no cab. The transportation manager kept saying '3 minutes'. We had to go and get the general manager. I don't know why they didn't just hail a red cab for us. Finally at 11:30 their car arrived and did a ridiculous speed to get us to the airport. It real,y ruined our stay because the hotel was nice, but we had a 1:20am flight and had to check in 2 hours before so we were really stressed which ruined our time there. Such a shame.

Dear Cat_777,

I have to sincerely apologise for the late transfer to the LCCT. I would be helpful to know if the transport was booked in advance, this information will able hotel to determine why the transport was late or transport counter did not have any available cars in the hotel premises due to all cars have been dispatched out. If it was booked in advance than this was unacceptable as per our hotel’s standards. As the hotel is located at the International Airport the Airport authority rules and regulations are that the red cabs are only allowed to drop-off passengers in the vicinity. For pick-up only authorised limo from the Airport is allowed from the main terminal at level 3 and ticket are purchased from the counter at level 3 (Arrival Hall). This is controlled by the Airport and value is determined by destination. At the hotel we are only allowed to provide transport services and not taxis or cabs strictly by the authorities. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I am able to make your future stay more memorable. Thank you.