“Avoid until they sort their youniQ problems”
Review of the youniQ Hotel

the youniQ Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Sepang
Warsaw, Poland
“Avoid until they sort their youniQ problems”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Located only 15 min drive from Kuala Lumpur LCCT terminal, youniQ seems to be the best option for those in need of a one night sleepover, without a long (+1hr) journey to KL Center. It has a wonderful, funky design; comfortable rooms; and cheap airport transfer. There are zero food options nearby, so - if you book - remember to eat at the airport.

However - I would strongly discourage you from staying in youniQ until they sort their management / safety issues.
We were woken up in the middle of the night by ringing fire alarm. In pajamas, we ran to the fire escape, only to find out that the exit at ground floor is... SECURELY LOCKED. On to second fire escape - same story (see photos). Finally, through the back corridor completely overloaded with some luggage, we got to the lobby.
There the receptionist lied to us that fire escape exit is in fact open.

The cause of the fire alarm was that, supposedly, some lit a cigarette in his room, which then led to evacuation of the whole hotel. The crew was unable to disable the alarm, which went off a couple more times within next hour.
We asked for a refund in the morning - were offered half.

In my view, locking the fire escape doors is a serious safety breach. Those regulations exist for a reason. Don't go there until they fix it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PawelWu
youniqhotel, Manager at the youniQ Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are deeply sorry on the fault alarm that went off during the night when you were staying with us. The worst part was the fire exits were being locked. As a manager myself, I sincerely admit it is our management at fault and my fault. I am taking this incident as a serious lesson for myself to correct my management team. I have to let go of our Maintenance supervisor who were in charge of checking all fire exit and daily maintenance. We understood it is our complete fault not to check the fire escapes when they were being locked. We have learn a great deal of lesson and we have made the progress in correcting our mistake.

Our hotel is recently open about 4 months ago. All the fire system are completely newly built and designed. We have put in a big amount of investment to have this building's fire and alarm system design to suit our hotel, in order to provide a safe place for all of our guests. We are taking our guests 'safety as a number one priority. We will never want to lives for granted.

Thanks for giving us an honest review. This provide us a chance to make it right from that moment it happened for all of our guests' safety.

After this incident happen, we have made the changes to make this door latch an attention catcher by highlighting the door latch in red and also add in the "open" sign.
And remove the lock permanently. (Please refer to pictures)

We sincerely apologize on the incident that happen to all guests that stay with us during that night. We constantly improving our property and management everyday, we do take our guests 'safety very seriously. We will do our best to make it right.

Best Regards
Kevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I searched this hotel on Trip advisor and booked it with Agoda.com.We stayed here just for one night, before going to 'Melaka' from the kl-lcct airport. They picked us from the airport at the right time.Cab was good with the male & female assistants and we had fast but safe driving of 15 minutes. Hotel was fantastically designed.Staff was very co-operative. Sleeping experience was great. Morning breakfast was rich in calorie,hygienic and sufficient in quantity.Reception girls at the desk were nice and helping in nature. One helped me to get connected with my relative,stuck at the Bangkok airport. I regretted that we couldn't stay longer.I strongly recommend it to all kind of travelers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jiturajgor
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 10, 2013

we stayed here for 2 nights and we booked "sleep 5 groupie"..to be honest i didnt expect the hotel to be good/beautiful/unique hahaha everything was perfect..the staffs are friendly too..the only dissatisfaction that we had was that we had to wait 1 hour to be checked in from the original time which according to the staff due to some technical error..minus that dissatisfaction everything was good

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We only wanted to have some sleep between flights, but it was not possible - walls were so thin you could hear everything that happens in the corridor and in other rooms. Worst of all was the constant and heavy BOOM BOOM BOOM sound of closing doors. I read a lot of reviews complaining about the noise, but because I am very tolerant to sound I thought, it wouldn’t be an issue for me, but … that was too much even for me. And I will do anything to avoid this hotel in future

Tip: Our family enjoyed Sun Lagoon in Kuala Lumpur so much

Room Tip: 2nd floor is a bit better
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Sepang hotels

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a clean hotel with quite modern design. Services include free laundry, free small cardio gym (one treadmill and one stationary bike, both quite good), 24h grocery store downstairs next door, local restaurant in 100 meters, bi-hourly airport pickups, hourly airport drop-offs (5 MYR/person, 15 mins), free drinking water, quite ok WIFI in rooms, good showers and friendly service. Cannot really hope for anything more. Recommended.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Sathamoth
Semarang, Indonesia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Really a great choice for transit hotel in KL. We have a morning flight and considered to stay in a hotel near the airport. Unfortunately, the choices were very limited. All of the hotels either expensive or we had to choose Tune Hotel.
It turned out that Tune Hotel was expensive too, not to mention that they still have additional charge for AC, towels and amenities.

We then picked Youniq hotel as our choice since it provided airport transfer for 5RM (USD 1.50). The location is actually not really near the airport, but I guess it's the nearest that you can stay It took about 15 minutes by car and they pick you up in front of the hotel and drop you off right in front of the departure gate. I considered it as convenient since we didnt have to drag our luggages from the bus station to the gate.

Youniq hotel has several room size. Me and My friends stayed in two rooms ... One small room and one Medium room. The room were great and comfortable. The small room is a little bit small ... but I had no problem with that.

To sum up, Youniq hotel is a really recommended hotel to stay for transit in KL. I will definitely stay in this hotel again the next time I am in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Its 4am. I'm in Room 117 - not the cheapest - a 2L room. I type this to the accompanying tune of a baby crying. THe poor thing has been crying for about 2 hours now. How do I know ....well it turns out I am in A CONNECTING ROOM. The door between the rooms is totally inadequate, you can see 2cm of daylight under it.

When I asked the receptionist at 3am about it she looked up the next door room (room 120) and giggled ... "oh that is the party of 12 - they have booked 2 rooms. There would be 6 people in that room. Don't worry they are checking out at 6am" She was very sorry but the hotel was fully booked. So it turns out I was in what some might called a doss house!

Many things about this hotel are VERY GOOD. The layout, the comfortable bed and very clean room, the internet, (enabling me to write this review in real time) the nice bathroom with rain shower and funky bathroom fittings, even the coffee making facilities, the nice flat screen TV with a couple of English channels (BBC and Star). And the cheap shuttle service that worked well for me. BUT ... most guests book a room to get a night's sleep.

If that is your main requirement, LOOK ELSEWHERE. All the funky design in the world doesn't mean much if you can't sleep. If you have no other choice .... make sure you specify a NON CONNECTING ROOM.

There's no restaurant but the coffee and toast breakfast sounds reasonable.There is a very basic Muslim (restricted menu, no alcohol) about 100 metres away. No pool, but that isn't expected at this price.

Sorry Youniq .. .you are doing so much right, it is a pity that the hard wired stuff - the building construction, the architect, has let you down.

Room Tip: Do not accept a connecting room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo