“Convenience”

Ranked #12 of 16 Sepang B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Convenience”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We booked here to be closer to KLIA2 as we had an early morning flight. In hindsight we should have stayed in Kuala Lumpur, it was no cheaper to stay close to the airport. We were staying in a good budget 80RM hotel in KL and by the time we paid for the train fares and the taxi from Salak Tinggi station to the hotel and the airport shuttle the next morning it cost us more.
The room was nice and had complimentary toiletries. Good TV but no English stations. WIFI not good.
There's not much about as the hotel is in a semi industrial area, the restaurant downstairs was ok to eat at.
The requested wake up call was on time.
Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Ubud Bali
Reviewed May 27, 2014

In order to BRIDGE a few hours from an incoming flight at KLIA airport .. before leaving the next morning, I had chosen BARY INN at "Sepang" a housing area close to Kuala Lumpur airport. When I arrived late night - the RECEPTIONIST suggested not to take the Shuttle / Minivan 2 hours before my flight leaves... But I have to leave 3 hours before. Because airasia closes check in counter 1,5 hours before departure (and people had come back to the Hotel, since they thought "early morning" to not take it so serious). She went as far as suggesting not to take the room at the Hotel, since there were less than 3 hours left, before departure on their minivan... ! So I took the Mivan back to KLIA... And slept in a seat... And BARY INN did not charge me the cancellation of the room ! Due to a confusion of Airasia changing the airport in May.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Enschede, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed here for one night (and one evening) due to a transfer in KL. I would recommend to stay here only if you have a short transfer. There is really nothing to do in the area, except for the restaurant downstairs. The rooms are oke, though they are quite noisy, which you hear when people are leaving in the middle of the night for a flight. Upside is the location close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Booked two times during March 14 while transiting LCCT. First time a double room and second time a triple room @ RM 120 & 145 respectively. Small clean rooms with good shower and hot water. Wifi seems to be very slow. 15 minutes drive from LCCT. The hotel can arrange shuttle service (normally on hourly basis) at RM 35 per one way. One restaurant at ground floor can serve you Malay dishes including South Indian dishes. Recommended if you are on transit via LCCT OR KLIA

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed at the Bary so as to make life easier for the F1 GP and airport.
The airport pick up was good and timely in clean van. The location was not good; but I was not expecting much else; nothing much around other than ugly industrial buildings and building sites.

It’s a cheap no frills hotel; so I did not expect luxury. The room was OK; small and very basic: everything worked and clean but no service while there 4 nights.

Food in the attached Bistro was marginally better than horrible. Breakfast choices were grim. I ordered large omelet as I do not do spicy food for breakfast. Tiny greasy and stuffed full of chilies; it was the most pathetic excuse for breakfast imaginable. the previous day the best option was cold noodles. Thankfully there was a new Restaurant across the street which was better.

The promised transfers to the racing circuit were a total mess from the start. I was taken at first to the paddock area and told to wait there for the return. I could not get in or buy a ticked so had to walk 2 kms in the heat to the main Welcome Centre.
On the return I had to walk in the rain to the pick up point where no on came. a taxit driver phoned on my behalf and ascertained that I was in the wrong place; so I just took a taxi back to the hotel.

Day 2 started well; we were all taken to the circuit entrance and told to wait by the Car park for the return shuttle. On the return I was early and waited for over an hour in the rain. I phoned the hotel and was told to go to the Petrol Station; I had no idea where that was so was advised to wait where I was. The police closed the road; so I found out where the petrol Station was an a phoned the hotel to let them know I was going there for 7pm.
To get to there, involved a long walk and to risk death, to cross a busy 6 lane highway and negotiate a 1.5metre high fence. I had to wait another ½ hour before the van arrived.
I did complain vigorously as the hotel did not accept any responsibility for the problem. The transport company was totally incompetent in not pre- arranging an efficient and reliable transfer places. I was not charged for the return trip and I even got an apology in the end!

Day 3 the return pick up was cancelled but we got the outward transfer; so we had to find our own way back. (which was less hassle using the taxi service).

The price of these services at 25 MYR each way and 35MYR for the airport were so expensive that It would have been better to have stayed in the city and taken the efficient public transport to and from the circuit; or stayed a the Tune Hotel at the airport and taken the circuit bus shuttles.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Sepang hotels

Shanghai, China
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Good choice for transit as it is near airport, I arrived early morning so I chose this hotel, with hot water, staff are friendly, no wifi in the room. It is not cost effective than other hotel nearby...

Room Tip: I don't know
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed here for one night as it was convenient to both airports. We arrived KLIA and departed for LCCT the following day.

The room was basic with no window but it was very clean and comfortable. It came with air-conditioning, a TV and good wifi signal. The staff were really friendly and downstairs they sell drinks and snacks.

There is a restaurant attached the hotel which serves cheap and tasty local meals so we had breakfast there.

The hotel also organised our shuttle bus to the airport which was 35 ringgit per room so for 2 people it wasn't bad value considering it cost us 33 ringgit for a taxi from the airport.

It's good to stay for one night if you're arriving late at night or departing early the next day for the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple