We stopped at Avani for a week on our way through to Europe, having booked a ridiculously cheap package (it turns out half the resort had!!) last September! In the meantime we had read some terrible reviews (and some good) so we were a little concerned about the standard we might find... We couldn't have been further off the mark - it was brilliant! I have no idea what the whingers are on about, it far surpassed all our expectations. Sure there were a couple of flies at the table... Hellooooo, you're eating outdoors, what do you expect?!?!
Seriously, we could barely fault our stay. We must pay special mention to Eddie (who, in his own time and in his own car, went above & beyond and drove us to the nearest village to buy beers and simple food supplies) - he looked after us daily by the pool and was always ready and willing to help with a smile. Kaye, too, with her breakfast smile, was a highlight of our stay. Nothing was too much trouble.
We had room 315 and it was perfect - not too close to the hub to hear any noise, but close enough to the action. The room itself was great, we had one side and our 5yo princess the other (she loved having her own "quarters, incl full bathroom and balcony!) split by the comfy living area... and we loved the vaulted ceiling :-)
From the meals to the massages, from the endless pool to Smiley Beach (the kids activities over there were a hit with our daughter), from the "pick up/put down" bikes proved for self-transport to the buggies when you were feeling lazy... It was ALL fantastic.
We seriously loved our stay and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great value escape from a Melbourne winter!!!! To the whingers? Get a life!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort stretches out from the Sepang coastline, almost a kilometer into the sheltered waters of the Straits of Malacca with 392 luxuriously appointed over water villas that shape a palm tree. This new upscale resort offers guests a wide range of sports and entertainment activities as well as great food & beverage outlet selection. Located in the district of Sepang, in the southern part of the state of Selangor, AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort is a short 35 minute drive from Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The resort is also conveniently located close to the Sepang International Circuit - home to the Malaysian leg of the F1 race. Inspired by Polynesian and Maldivian architecture, blended with contemporary Malaysian interior design, each over water villa showcases a range of features that will ensure you take full advantage of the relaxed comfort, knowing we have the details covered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Palm Tree Iconic Hotel Sepang
- Golden Palm Tree Iconic Resort And Spa