Everybody working there should be sacked. They don't even deserve a one star rating for a resort! We reached at 3pm, the first room we got didn't have working air conditions. After many calls the technician turned up at 430 and told us there's a prob with the blower. N they will fix it. We were told enjoy their facilities n by the time we get back, everything will be fixed. When we got back at 7pm, the Ac still did not work. Called manager on duty by the name of Steven, he in turn told me that they will prove that it was our mistake in not knowing how to adjust the temperature. After much screaming, Steven decided to change our room. N the buggy came to pick us up at 8pm n ushered us to a room which was next to the clubhouse which had loud music blasting. We had not gotten any good rest for the past 5 hours. Steven tried to make amends by telling us he has arranged a nice dinner for us. When we went to the cafe at 830, the so called special dinner was a buffet with no one attending to us. We were treated like beggars for their food. We hardly ate cos we were disgusted at their treatment when we saw the same guy who ushered us to our table was treating a Caucasian couple as if they were royalty to the resort! When we got back to our new room, the fan in the master bedroom sounded like it was gonna collapse from the ceiling. Again, we had to call for the technician. N Abby, the manager on duty attended to us. The technician told us nth could be done n suggested to us he will inform the front desk to change our room. We waited in frustration till 1030, no one turned up. N when we spoke to Abby, she apologised profusely n the best she could do was reserve a table for the next morning's breakfast. At 11pm, 2 boys turned up insisted to move our bags which by the time we were sick to our stomach with the whole resort. We decided not to change room n just wanna go home next day. Guess wat, the next morning, no table was reserved for us. N it took them 45mins to send a buggy to pick up our luggage for checkout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort stretches out from the Sepang coastline, almost a kilometer into the sheltered waters of the Straits of Malacca with 392 luxuriously appointed over water villas that shape a palm tree. This new upscale resort offers guests a wide range of sports and entertainment activities as well as great food & beverage outlet selection. Located in the district of Sepang, in the southern part of the state of Selangor, AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort is a short 35 minute drive from Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The resort is also conveniently located close to the Sepang International Circuit - home to the Malaysian leg of the F1 race. Inspired by Polynesian and Maldivian architecture, blended with contemporary Malaysian interior design, each over water villa showcases a range of features that will ensure you take full advantage of the relaxed comfort, knowing we have the details covered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Palm Tree Iconic Hotel Sepang
- Golden Palm Tree Iconic Resort And Spa