“Loved our stay!”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Sepang
Melbourne, Australia
“Loved our stay!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We had seven nights at Avani and I can honestly say it was the best holiday we've had in a long time. Our two bedroom Villa was just beautiful. The king size bed was extremely comfortable and the best pillow I've ever slept on. I just loved he ensuite bathroom with the sunken bath.

The choice of restaurants was good as was the food. We would have to say our favourite was Perahu. It was lovely watching the sunset while enjoying our dinner. Drinks are rather expensive though at all the restaurants and bars.

Eddy at the pool was brilliant. He is so friendly and it was a delight to have met him. We enjoyed many hours relaxing in the cabanas and on the sun lounges. The pool, although a little on the small side, was never overcrowded during our stay.

The highlight of our stay was the private dinner on our balcony. It was an experience we will always treasure. The food was amazing and our chef and waiter were fantastic.

We took the courtesy bus in to KL twice. It is very well organised and even though the trip is at about 2 hrs each way it was worth it for the shopping and experience.

We highly recommend Avani and thank all the staff for making us feel so welcome.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kezza0123
MarcomMgr-GPT, Marketing Communications Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback on the TripAdvisor, We are glad that you experienced a wonderful holiday at our resort and opted to try our private balcony dinner. We are happy that you also managed a Sunset view dinner at Perahu and have taken note of your other comments to continue upkeeping and upgrading our service. We would like to announce that the resort will be in its second phase of refurbishment soon, which includes the uplift of Sepoi Sepoi restaurant, New 500sqft swimming pool and New AVANI kids & teen club by the beach. We would like to welcome you back again to experience the New Resort. See you soon.

Marketing Communications Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed 4 nights in Sepang Gold Coast in May. Booked under RCI exchange. We stayed in a 2 bedroom family water chalets and with a balcony overlooking the sea. The room is very well maintained and I love the ambience provided by the balcony. I would like to compliment a staff named Sook Chan in the Chinese restaurant. She was very friendly and attentive, she had made us feel at home and made the dining experience enjoyable ones during our stay. Another unique thing about the resort is they provide bicycle for guests' free use, bicycling from rooms to restaurants and within the resort compound. All of us really enjoyed the family bicycling experience and my kid especially loves it. I would come back to this resort again.

Lastly, a safety note which I had already highlighted to resort upon check out was that the bicycles need serious maintenance, because many of them had a flat tyre and broken seat. The breakfast buffet bars have many flies on those uncovered dishes. And I would suggest the resort to have the live band plays at the lobby lounge instead, I believe this will provide a better ambience and also less notice to those units near to the club house. Service level of the staffs at the front desk in term of friendliness and manners still has much to improve. The beach is more of mud instead of sandy beach.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jasmineckp
Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our resort. We aim to continuously upkeep and improve our services and facilities therefore we thank you for your honest feedback. We will share your positive comments with our associates, especially with our staff at Hai Sang Lou. Perhaps an overlook from our side, we would like to share that guest safety is a priority and we apologize for any inconvenience caused and will look into this matter. The resort is surrounded by the Mangrove river from both sides of the Malacca Straits which explaines the murky colour of the sea, we hope that guests sees this as a unique feature as our beaches are clean and safe for other Beach activities. We would like to announce that the resort will be in its second phase of renovation soon which includes the extension of Sepoi Sepoi restaurant, a new pool beside Smiley beach and the Kids & Teens Club. We look forward to having you back again.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We recently stayed here as we were looking for a relaxing place out of the city and on the coast to wind down our holiday before flying home. Found it by accident on the internet and are really happy we did.
The resort is in the shape of a palm tree and out in the ocean. So different to anything we had stayed in before.
On arrival we were warmly greeted and taken to our rooms.
The rooms are huge. We stayed in a superior villa. The four poster bed was gorgeous and so comfortable. The wood floors are great and so much cleaner than carpet. The bathrooms are a good size and i loved the showers with a full lenght window looking out over the water. A blind is there for privacy if needed. A morning cuppa on the balcony was wonderful.
Getting around is easy. Shuttles run around constantly and they have bikes which people of all ages are riding around. You ride to your destination and leave the bike there. Pick up one when you need to go somewhere else. You don't keep a bike for your stay. It was a lot of fun although a bit of bike maintenance is required.
The infinity pool is lovely. No mozzie issues when we were there. Although it is small it wasn't super busy when we stayed and we really enjoyed it. I think they are going to build a second pool.
Free non powered water sports at Smiley Beach was fantastic fun. I learnt to paddle board and the guys running it were helpful. There is kayaking, wind surfing, sailing aswell.The ocean although not chrystal clear was warm and the beach nice sand.
The restaurants were OK. The Hai San Lou restaurant was a favourite.
We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We were half way up the trunk which was great for the pool and restaurants and also easy access to t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the time taken and feedback on the TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that you had a great experience at our Iconic resort. It is such a pleasure to know that you like the room interior, confortable beds, enjoyed our leisure activities and food experience at our restaurant. We have taken note on bicycle maintenance and will look into further maintenance. We would like to announce that the resort will be in its second phase of renovation soon which includes the extension of Sepoi Sepoi restaurant, the New AVANI Kids & Teens Club and an Infinity pool beside Smiley beach. We look forward to having you at the resort again. Looking forward to your next visit.

Cambridgeshire
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Going back to this resort is like going back to visit old friends, the staff and management of this hotel are the friendliest and most helpful I have ever come across. I wish I could mention them all on this review but it was impossible to remember all of their names:

Hizam, the manager of sepoi was always around to have a giggle and a chat, nothing we asked for was too much trouble and we always got service with a big smile! The food at Sepoi Sepoi was lovely and the pizzas are a particular favourite of ours as you can design your own. Often we would sleep through breakfast at Bila Bila but the Sepoi Sepoi cafe provides the tastiest fresh fruit juices and alternative breakfasts with a beautiful beach view.

The beach bar on smiley beach was also a brilliant idea as you can order food and cold drinks to have here in the shade relaxing on a comfortable chair while the rest of your group play on the beach or take part in many of the new activities including a bouncy castle, crazy golf, petanque, croquet, land sailing, canoeing, football, volleyball, or body barding... all of which are free for guests of the resort. We liked to eat lunch here where the bar tender Soule is very friendly.

The Bila Bila restaurant provides a wide range of food from a help yourself buffet to food from a menu all of which was really tastey. The staff here made our stay here very smooth and fun, particularly : Zachary, Wan, Safel, Kasturi, and Nick (who makes the best cocktails).

The chinese restaurant was much more relaxing with its new decor and layout, the food is always delicious and the staff helpful and friendly. I would recommend ordering a side of the "chinese french fries" which were made of courgette and aubergines, they are amazing!

The Selat Bar was my favourite place to relax at sunset with 2 for 1 cocktails between 6pm and 8pm, the free karaoke, dart board and pool table provided great entertainment especially after all of those cocktails which Vtech made to perfection!!

My FAVOURITE restaurant on the whole resort has to be Perahu!! If your only here for a short time please try to eat here at least once, the young chef Phillip here has trained around the world to perfect his skills which is evident by how complex his dishes are. The food that was served to us would not be out of place in a top restaurant in london!!! Eban and Iman the manager and waiter we got to know at Perahu always made us feel very welcome even though I am vegetarian. The staff and chefs here would go beyond the call of duty to make sure I had something new and amazing to try each time we dined here.

The pool area has also improved since my stay here last year with a much more relaxing feel. The life guard Eddy is always on hand to provide bottles of water to sunbathers and I thought it was lovely that he will also lay out towels on your chosen sun loungers for you.

the accommodation once again was fabulous we always stay in room 223 and have never had any issues, the bed is comfy, the decor is elegant, and our balcony gave us the perfect view for some beautiful sunsets and sunrises! The free WiFi in the villas was a great idea especially for travellers who have business to attend to back at home like us.

I think Thomas and Amir the resort management have made some excellent improvements since we were here 8 months ago and its great to get the chance to hear about more improvements they have planned at management cocktails nights.

This is one of my favourite places to stay I can never find any fault with any part of my holiday here! I look forward to my next opportunity to visit the resort and will definitely take advantage of the excursions organised by the resort on future visits.

"KISS THE SAND"

Room Tip: All rooms have a see view, you can not go wrong with a stay here.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joanna O
ErwinV, General Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Having just arrived at this resort, I have taken my time to review past guest feedbacks, and I was glad to see your overall review of the hotel was a positive one!
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your stay on Tripadvisor, it gives me great insights in what our guests feel when staying at the resort, areas where we perform well, as well as certain areas where improvements can be targeted.

Rest assured that any positive feedback will be shared with the team for their positive encouragement, as well as constructive feedback utilized in the most positive sense to review opportunities.

We do hope to welcome you back to our resort in due time and remain at your disposal for assistance if so required.

Kind regards,

Erwin van der Veen
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

The Hotel Was Fabulous. We Had Come For Our Yearly Trip To Singapore-Malaysia And We Landed Up After Singapore in Avani.
When We Entered The Resort, People From All Age Group Were Cycling Which Was Just Wow. There Would Be 100 Cycles And Everyone Had One.
We Took The Superior Room And It Was Unbelievable. It Had A Huge Balcony With A Scenic View. The Room Was Huge And Also Had A King Size Bed Adding Up A Sofa-Cum-Bed. The Bathroom Was Clean And Hygienic.
The Pool Over There Was Good But Not Clean As There Were Many Mosquitos In There.
The Hotel Besides The Pool Was Good. It Served Daily Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner. The Whole Day The Menu Was Almost Same But It Was Good. If You Are A Vegetarian, You Are Gonna Have Problems Of Eating As I Am One.
But Nonetheless, The Resort Was Very Good. Keep It Up. And Do Stay There If You Are Planning To Go To Malaysia. :)

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank DhruvGajaria
MarcomMgr-GPT, Marketing Comunications Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for your positive comments on the TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear of your 'awesome' experience at the resort. We are open to guest reviews and am always looking to better serve our guest. We would like to share that cleanliness is high in our priority and daily maintenance includes upkeeping of the pool. Perhaps, an overlook on our end, we appreciate your concern and be rest assured that your comments will be shared with our maintenance team. There will soon be a new pool beside an extended Sepoi Sepoi Restaurant alongside with the New AVANI Teen's & Kid's Club. We look forward toseeing you again.

Thank You.

Angeline C.S.L
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Being away from the noise and busy schedule of work has always been a dream of everyone. Staying 1 nite at Avani Sepang with family during this school holiday cum birthday present for both girls which fall on June. This resort-inspired palm tree on the water is so unique..Watching the sunset at the end of the day.. witnessed beauty of the moonlighting.. sound of waves .. it felt like another honeymoon with your loved ones.Love the family villa so much! Thanks to Mrs. Ana Azura for your kind help to recommend the beautiful resort for our short break vacation. All the staff are very friendly and helpful (including the buggy man hehe). An interesting point here was the experience of cycling with the kids to each trunk while enjoying the natural scenery along the resort. Definitely i burnt my calories here...Infinity pool was so exciting.My girls didn't want to get out from the pool!!Love the food too.so delicious and full of choices..There's live band near the pool Overall, it was an amazing moment for us.... My girls requested for another vacation here ...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank inazarien
MarcomMgr-GPT, Marketing Communications Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for your reviews on the TripAdvisor. At AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, we continously intend to ensure the happiness of our guest and are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay and felt welcomed at our resort. We will also share your kind comments with our associates to keep them inspired. We look forward to having you visit us again and am pleased to announce that Sepoi Sepoi Restaurant will be extended soon plus indue time to expect a New Kid's & Teen's Club. Until your next visit, Have a pleasant Day!

Angeline C.S.L
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Our first remark was WOW!!! A resort with everything u want. From romantic getaway to family fun trip. It won't disappoint u at all. I went there after love at first sight viewing by Ms Ana Azura nearly a week before. So i decided to bring my husband and my kids to experience it for real. So many activities to do in such a short time. 1 night is definitely not enough. We all love bicycle ride around the resort. And it's for free! Other place would charge u by hour. And the breakfast was first class with wide array of delicious scrumptious and healthy food. East meet west delicacies would surely satiates everyone. Last but not least and of course the reason i would be coming again was the romantic experience we had together. We fell in love with the coziness of the room, the magnificent sunset view and the amazing feeling of being in the middle of the ocean... Only heaven can beat this....

Stayed June 2014
MarcomMgr-GPT, Marketing Communicatins Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your review in the TripAdvisor. We are glad that you had a 'Wow Experience' and enjoyed your stay and activities at the resort. We look forward to having you come visit us again and perhaps this time for a longer stay. We would like to announce that in phase two, guests has more to experience with the New Infinity pool, AVANI Kid's & Teen's Club and extension of Sepoi Sepoi restaurant. We look forward to your next visit. See you soon.

Marketing Communicatins Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sepang
Grand Lexis Port Dickson
Tune Hotel KLIA 2
Tune Hotel KLIA 2
#4 of 14 in Sepang
Seri Malaysia Bagan Lalang Sepang

Been to AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort? Share your experiences!