We recently stayed here as we were looking for a relaxing place out of the city and on the coast to wind down our holiday before flying home. Found it by accident on the internet and are really happy we did.
The resort is in the shape of a palm tree and out in the ocean. So different to anything we had stayed in before.
On arrival we were warmly greeted and taken to our rooms.
The rooms are huge. We stayed in a superior villa. The four poster bed was gorgeous and so comfortable. The wood floors are great and so much cleaner than carpet. The bathrooms are a good size and i loved the showers with a full lenght window looking out over the water. A blind is there for privacy if needed. A morning cuppa on the balcony was wonderful.
Getting around is easy. Shuttles run around constantly and they have bikes which people of all ages are riding around. You ride to your destination and leave the bike there. Pick up one when you need to go somewhere else. You don't keep a bike for your stay. It was a lot of fun although a bit of bike maintenance is required.
The infinity pool is lovely. No mozzie issues when we were there. Although it is small it wasn't super busy when we stayed and we really enjoyed it. I think they are going to build a second pool.
Free non powered water sports at Smiley Beach was fantastic fun. I learnt to paddle board and the guys running it were helpful. There is kayaking, wind surfing, sailing aswell.The ocean although not chrystal clear was warm and the beach nice sand.
The restaurants were OK. The Hai San Lou restaurant was a favourite.
We would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort stretches out from the Sepang coastline, almost a kilometer into the sheltered waters of the Straits of Malacca with 392 luxuriously appointed over water villas that shape a palm tree. This new upscale resort offers guests a wide range of sports and entertainment activities as well as great food & beverage outlet selection. Located in the district of Sepang, in the southern part of the state of Selangor, AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort is a short 35 minute drive from Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The resort is also conveniently located close to the Sepang International Circuit - home to the Malaysian leg of the F1 race. Inspired by Polynesian and Maldivian architecture, blended with contemporary Malaysian interior design, each over water villa showcases a range of features that will ensure you take full advantage of the relaxed comfort, knowing we have the details covered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Palm Tree Iconic Resort And Spa
- Golden Palm Tree Iconic Hotel Sepang