“Not worth!!!”

AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Sepang

Spending 4 days and 3 night in a family villa in April 2014 ;

My point of view :

1. Buffet breakfast & dinner are worst!! (except the fruits, bread, cake, white rice, yogurt and some ready made food are so called "tasty") They are serving very cheap cost and limited choice buffet but charging approx RM 75 per person and it remain the same for everyday, morning and night.

2. Flooring in the room= dirty

3. Outside main hole piping flow into the sea (lots of leakage)

4. All staff including valet service is excellent! they smile always and courtesy enough ! Awesome!

5. Small swimming pool always crowded cant even find a place to sit

6. Toilet is clean and all toiletries are there

7. Plenty of bicycle but lack of baby carrying

8. Free wifi sometimes speed like tortoise

9. Early morning the nuisance sound from the swimming pool area

Overall for my own perception, the quality of staff is perfect but the quality of the resort=worst! where from the food offered, facilities given and services provided are very limited and consider cheap cost, but it charging much expensive then 5 star hotel per night in KLCC.

Meantime, the management are poor in maintenance such like those leakage main hole piping shall not direct flow into the sea, and the flooring shall be clean once guest check out.

Generally, if forget about the food and resort service, it is a good place escape from city life.

Room Tip: NO comment
5  Thank Small_BuG_123
ErwinV, General Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2014

Dear Small_Bug_123,

Having recently arrived here at the property, I have reviewed past feedbacks from guests and was sadened to see your feedback.
Rest assured that your comments have been noted and will form part of my follow ups to ensure product and service will continuously improve at this resort.

Thank you for having taken the time to provide your thoughts / opinions.

Kind regards,

Erwin van der Veen

There are newer reviews for AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I would like to thank the FIZA & Leisure Team for their outstanding support and party planning for my son's 12th birthday. He had a wonderful time thanks to their staff going above and beyond what any parent would expect. They made his birthday and our vacation a very memorable one.
THANKS!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
MarcomMgr-GPT, General Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for your review on the TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had a wonderful stay and chose to celebrate your son's birthday with us. Your positive comments will be shared with our associates especially Fiza and the team to encouragement continous quality service to our guests. You're most welcomed to visit us again and we look forward to serving you. Please contact me at tfehlbier@minornet.com prior to your next visit for further assistance.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

It was nice to wake up with ocean view, service was great housekeeping staff was so nice. Breakfast was great. I really enjoyed Fiza & leisure team who gave my son a great Birthday party, the best celebration that he had ever had, they did a great job, love the whole week at the resort.

Room Tip: Great room
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
MarcomMgr-GPT, General Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I don't normally write such a bad review but unfortunately, the experience I had was so bad I had to give it a Terrible rating. I read many reviews on Tripadvisor before I book this place and I saw some good and some bad reviews. Very hesitant in booking but I thought I would give it a try and see how good or bad it can be.

The nightmare started before I even walk in the door. After a long trip and arriving in the late evening, I expect all to be smooth and fast. At the check in counter, I was asked to present a printed confirmation slip. Not sure why as I never used to do this at any other results. All I need to do was to present my passport being a foreigner. Anyway, luckily I have a printed copy with me. The check in process was reasonable and took a buggy to my room. The buggy driver did not ask for room number and assumed all of us are going to the Club House from the lobby. Basically it was from one end to the other end. So we had to walk back to our room.

I walked up to my room and surprise surprise surprise! The door was left wide open! This is a BIG security breach! I called reception and asked what's going on and I was simply being brushed off with excuses like: 'maybe the housekeeping did not close it properly', maybe this and maybe that! This is totally unacceptable. They did not bother to take this on board and do a thorough investigation! Probably to them, this is very common and I shouldn't have made a big fuss!

The lightings in the room was definitely insufficient. One of the ceiling light was fused and not fixed. The standing light at the corner was missing (yes completely missing)! I only found out when the maintenance guy told me that there should be a standing light in the corner so that the corner would be brighter. I don't know what's the logic with all downlights shooting upwards rather than downwards? Perhaps someone can shed some lights on this??

Air con issue or should I say 'cooler' issue. It's definitely not an air con to me. No matter what temp you set it to, it's pretty much defaulted to around 24-25 degrees. It's insufficient too cool the small room during the night and let alone during the day! With the ceiling fan, it only helped a little but still quite warm. My son was sweating badly throughout the night. In a tropical country, proper functioning air con should be installed and not just 'coolers'! This is insane!

The lights in the cupboard was not working. Trying to put the valuables and clothes in the cupboard was a challenge!

Amenities in the bathroom was not complete. We only have a bath mat and two bath towels in the room and some miscellaneous amenities. No face towels or hand towels could be found???
The bathroom was dirty with hair and dust all over the place. You could see moulds along the sides of the bathroom tiles. There were obvious signs of water leakage from the roof as you could see big blocks of bulging on the ceiling (photos attached)!

The balcony door could not be locked. You could see significant damage already done to the latch and some patch up work was done on it only. This is another security issue!

From the time we check in until midnight, we have maintenance and housekeeping in and out of my room. Just when we think all the problems are done and time for a good night sleep, at 00:20am, there was a power surge and the electricity to the whole room was cut! Had to look for a torchlight in dark and it turned out that the torchlight doesn't work!!! The batteries probably have been there for over decades! This is another serious safety issue to be looked at. I had to use my phone's flash light to find the phone and make the call. The maintenance guy came in and played with the safety switch and then fiddle around with the air con's thermostat.

At this point in time, you can imagine how 'cheesed off' I was. I called the reception and asked told him what had happened and all he said to me was 'just take a good rest, and it'll be fine tomorrow'??? Is this Avani's complaint handling process? Just sweep it under the carpet and it will fix itself up???

It was quite late coupled with the dim lighting, I could not really see many defects. When the dawn broke, there were defects everywhere! See photos uploaded. The table light's cover was ripped, cup marks on the coffee table, dusty study desk, bugs found on bed, scratch marks all over the floor...the list goes on!!!

The room I was given was clearly not 'fit for occupation'. I don't know what I had done to be given the privilege in getting this room! If any items are missing from the room, surely the housekeeping would have a list to tick ensuring all items are in the room as part of their process? In this case, maybe not!

It was getting late so we head down to Bila Bila restaurant to grab some food. We took the buffet at around 8.15pm. But at 8.30pm, a lot of the dishes were already emptied as it was quite busy. But no refills were done after that! We were only left with a few 'not so popular' dishes to choose from the whole night. The service from the pasta and pizza station were just appalling. I went there and told the guy I wanted a penne carbonara. He said to wait and it was exactly what I did. Stood there for around 15 mins (no conversation or eye contact during this period). The guy was busy preparing his order from the a la carte customers. After he had finish his order, he looked up and said: 'What's your order again'???? How professional is this??? The food at Bila Bila is nothing extraordinary to the extent of rather bad.

The next morning we went down to Bila Bila as this is the restaurant which serves breakfast every morning from 6.30am-10.30am. We arrived there at 9.40am and was told that the last call was at 9.30am and we need to go to another restaurant Sepoi Sepoi to have our breakfast. Nothing was said the day before nor any notices put out the night before at the restaurant to advise the customers of this change.

We went to Sepoi Sepoi for breakfast and it was a lot less busy and more privacy. It was very much welcomed as Bila Bila is a Chinese chop house! The food at Sepoi Sepoi was pretty much the same standard as Bila Bila. There were many flies flying around the food and staff were simply walking around not doing anything with it. It's an hygeine issue which they should not neglect! For dinner we were at Sepoi Sepoi as it was close by and we just want to have some light snacks. The fried noodles we ordered were so salty. It felt like they have thrown in tonnes of salt in it. We told the waiter to bring it back and make it less salty. The second time it came back less salty but very sweet. I guess if you want it to be less salty it will have to be more sweet! This shows that the chef could not cook!

For lunch we were at the pool side and we order two fruit juices and a club sandwich. The juices came in less than 5 minutes (very surprised). The club Sandwich arrived 35 mins later. I had to chase for it before the waitress who took my order went and follow up on the order. What took so long to make just a simple sandwich (which by the way was disgusting)!

The late night music and band playing in the club house was simply torture to your ears! It's ear bashing experience. Don't eat at Bila Bila if you cannot stand loud music!!!

Extremely disappointed with the whole stay. Whilst I understand that Avani has just taken over the management and they are making changes as we speak. But this is not an excuse as the room tariffs are comparable to a city 5 star hotel. If you are charging this price, you need to deliver the quality. The pool is simply unbelievable for such a big resort. Don't understand the logic behind it.
Came across a bell boy who is very good with friendly and sincere smile. Others are simply not worth mentioning. Waiters and waitress were all (based on my observations) standing around, talking away and doesn't give a hoot about on anything! The staff have a very laid back attitude and simply not passionate about their job! You are in the hospitality industry and a smile would not go astray. No thank you from most of the staff after you have signed and handed back the receipt to them. Perhaps Malaysia is an exceptional country whereby your patronage does not deserve a word of Thank you?

The whole resort is VERY POORLY MANAGED. It seems like they are all lost and have no idea what is their roles and responsibilities. It's time to wake up now and cannot continue using the recent takeover/rebranding as the excuse in your poor and atrocious service.

We were upgraded to a villa the next morning but the damage was already done. Nothing could be done to abolish our horrific encounters. Thanks to Avani Sepang Goldcoast, our holiday is totally ruined. I should have just stayed in the city and not bother with the trip to this resort.

Needless to say, definitely won't be bad and for those who are really thinking of visiting (think again).

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, stay in a villa and away from the Club House as it tends to get noisy at n...
20  Thank Agape10

Dear Agape10,

Thank you for having taken the time to provide your thoughts / opinions.

Kind regards,

Erwin van der Veen

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Best one of a kind resort in the ocean . Nicely done . Live music .atmosphere .romantic location . Free shuttle bus service to go klcc everyday . International buffet . Awesome breakfast . U ride by cycle within resort and they have buggy service too.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank thabo v
MarcomMgr-GPT, General Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback in the TripAdvisor and for staying at the AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will share your positive comments with our associates and look forward to serving you again in the future. The resort will be in its second phase soon with the upcoming extension of Sepoi Sepoi Restaurant, a new pool by Smiley beach and AVANI Kids & Teens Club. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We spent 2 nights at Avani Sepang. The resort was known for its unique palm design layout where the rooms were built on concrete stilt, a common structure of a malay dwelling.
We reached the resort at 11.30am and realised many of the amenities were over-stretched. Our room was not ready then and we could not occupy ourselves as the pool, gym was packed, the shuttle bus to town was overbooked...
It was Easter and the resort was fully booked. Fortunately, we got our room 2 hours later.
We had our breakfast and the spread was average. We tried to do some cycling and realised most are in need of maintenance. So we walked instead. we did a 60 mins spa massage and it was really terrible as the therapists' skill were sub-standard ( as compared to Singapore) not to mention the treatment was very expensive.

Room Tip: If you do not like to walk too much, get the room along the trunk
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ShirleyHoon

We appreciate your feedback in the TripAdvisor. Firstly, thank you for staying with us and we apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay at the resort. We will share your comments with our associates and despite high occupancy periods, look into maintaining consistency. As we are moving well into the new management, we appreciate any feedback from our guests so that we can continue to improve our service and facilities. We look forward to your next visit to experience an improved resort.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Yes I did read all the comments on trip advisor before booking the resort.Everyone has their own review about your faboulous resort..I am the one that would say..boo boo to the reviews with insults&harsh comments.I stayed over the weekend with my husband& two kids,we had such A AeWSOME TIME!! Check in was smooth&fast.The room was clean&all in order.When it was time to have breakfast on the Sunday morning..to my surprised it was FULL .I was worried that I would not get a seat or ant one would give me any services as I have to young kids as they were hungry already.I was then approched by the manager Mr Sedric ,he ensured that we had a place to sit&my two young kids were given baby chairs.It was such relief for me.He even brought coffee for me&my hubby,my two kids were given warm milk.He made sure that we were well taken care during the breakfast.After c/out we went to the coffee hse to have lunch ,Mr Sedric was there again & he truly gave us a Five Star service.Kudos to him...glad that the management has staff like him!!Avani is great resort no matter what is posted by reviewers on trip advisor!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind feedback on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to know that you and your family had enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments will be shared with Mr. Sedric and our associates. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Should you require any assistance during your next visit, kindly contact me at tfehlbier@minornet.com

Thomas Fehlbier

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sepang
Grand Lexis Port Dickson
#4 of 37 in Port Dickson
Tune Hotel KLIA 2
Tune Hotel KLIA 2
#4 of 14 in Sepang

Been to AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort? Share your experiences!