Isolated, and not a lot to do, took two teenagers with us, and they were very bored,they tried
the go cart racing, and swimming in the very small overcrowded pool, and that was about all for them to do.
We spend 8 days there in January, right on the takeover now named AVANI RESORT
staff not very compentant, after checking into our villa, we waited for nearly2 hours for our luggage, after 5 phone calls to reception, we were told they had lost our luggage. Only for it to
turn up 1/2 hr. later. Also had problems with the toilets not flushing , and sliding door to balcony
broken latch, and couldnt lock. We requested Ocean views, and were placed facing the land, and
limited views to the ocean, so asked to be shifted, which we did, and were given a much nicer
villa. Also reception very slow, had to phone 6 times over a period of 4 hours to obtain a Australian adaptor, I think the changeover confused the staff a bit. Also the main area under
reconstruction, and building going on, completely closed off to the public, Restuarants not in operation in that area, so a few less places to eat. a A lot of villas being renovated .Mind you they badly need doing, as getting very tired with quite worn and smelly curtaining . A shuttle leaves for K.L. twice a day, at 8.30am and 2pm, but it is a long trip taking 1 hr. 50 mins each way, one journey back from the city took 2 hrs 15 mins, so not a journey you would want to do very often, in a sub standard bus.No toilet facilities on board, so quite a few toilet stops on the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort stretches out from the Sepang coastline, almost a kilometer into the sheltered waters of the Straits of Malacca with 392 luxuriously appointed over water villas that shape a palm tree. This new upscale resort offers guests a wide range of sports and entertainment activities as well as great food & beverage outlet selection. Located in the district of Sepang, in the southern part of the state of Selangor, AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort is a short 35 minute drive from Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The resort is also conveniently located close to the Sepang International Circuit - home to the Malaysian leg of the F1 race. Inspired by Polynesian and Maldivian architecture, blended with contemporary Malaysian interior design, each over water villa showcases a range of features that will ensure you take full advantage of the relaxed comfort, knowing we have the details covered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Palm Tree Iconic Hotel Sepang
- Golden Palm Tree Iconic Resort And Spa