“Horrible Hotel, I will never return”

Concorde Inn Kuala Lumpur International Airport
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Sepang
Sydney
“Horrible Hotel, I will never return”
Reviewed August 27, 2009

I decided to chose this hotel because of the lovely photos and rave reviews of the hotel. Now I wish I never did. I stayed at this hotel because I needed somewhere to stay for one night because I was flying out the next day.
> After going in circles I found the Inn/Motel's shuttle bus which transports patrons to the Inn/Motel for free.
> The hotel itself looks like any old motel. Check in was fast. The staff were somewhat helpful. However I found the man at the transportation help desk to be not friendly and he did not fully explain a few important things upon departure! It appeared that a taxi had not been booked for me, even though I requested it. I was lucky enough that a english couple let me share their cab... however the man at the transportation desk charged me 35R, the price I would have paid if I went alone. The english couple were also surprised that they didn't let us share the cab fare.
> When I arrived in my room, I was kind of shocked. The room looked like a hospital room, dull and dated. I know that this is a airport motel, but I have definitely seen better ones.
> The room itself "appeared" spotless. However I saw this huge smudge of food or blood or something on the walls. The room stunk the whole time like a stale old room. The bathroom was dated, old and falling apart. The room looked so ugly. Grey or some dull coloured tiled floor with a bed that was okay. There was hairs on the bedside table that was not mine. Someone has drawn with a pencil on the bed head, the floor was not entirely clean either.
> The place was just so noisy the whole time. At intervals eg midnight- 2 am I kept getting woken by noises. From trolleys going past, people laughing out loud, alarms going off and I just could not sleep.
> At almost 3am I was woken AGAIN. The blind on the window had fallen off!! At close inspection it appears the blind was stuck on with some glue adhesive. I had to call reception to come fix it because my window was in full view. A man came to fix it and stuck it back on with masking tape.
> Again after 3am there was more noises, alarms going off, staff making noises and people slamming doors.
> The restaurant there The Melting Pot Cafe was ok. The staff were pleasant, which was nice. The buffet breakfast was pretty ordinary- some of it was stale or cold.
> My opinion is that I think perhaps spending a bit more for another airport hotel may be a better idea. If you want to sleep, it is worth it. I only got 2 hrs sleep tops.
> The only thing going for this hotel is the Pay TV channels and perhaps the shuttle service..

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank advocate_of_truth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Spent a night here while transitting and waiting to fly to Phuket. It's near enough to the airport, not quite as across-the-road as the Pan Pacific. There's a free shuttle bus (van) that'll get you there in 7 minutes tops.
It's basic...nothing much else to say about it. The rooms are pretty dated and poor. They're single storey shacks with very thin cheap doors. The bathroom didn't look all too clean.
The buffet dinner and breakfast were pretty good though, but then again, I like local food, and they did it well enough.
For a place to stay just while transitting, it's fine, and a lot cheaper than the Pan Pacific, so overall, you could do worse...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sgkhoo
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed August 21, 2009

This was a hard lesson learned. The "hotel" is located on a huge lot with sprawling gardens. It reminded us of a 1960's motel in the USA. The bathrooms have at least been updated but nothing else seems to have been done to the place ther than a coat of candy floss pink paint. The Air conditioning did not work. The beds were old and uncomfortable. It is in the middle of now where and there is no where other than their one restaurant to eat at. The included breakfast has horrible. We can't believe we had to pay for that. The concierge staff were not exactly knowledgeable nor willing to help.
We flew in from LCCT on Air Asia and expected the hotel to be close by as one is led to believe on the internet site. Instead it was a RM60 cab ride to the middle of nowhere. it is closer to the regular air terminal but still a 15-10 min drive away. The complementary ride was only to the "real"terminal. Rides to the LCCT were only hourly from the hotel and one had to pay RM15 pp for the pleasure. The only way to get into town is to take the ride to the main terminal and catch a train, but that too is expensive.
next time stay at the TUNE hotel. At least you can walk from the LCCT to the hotel and there are complimentary bus rides to town from the LCCT terminal.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JavaMama58

Travelers are raving about these Sepang hotels

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Booked this hotel online for 6th to 8th August 2009.
Specifically requested for a non-smoking double room.
Arrived on 6th evening at LCC Terminal,there's no free pick up as promised and after wasting time searching for our ride, we had to take a RM50 taxi to the hotel,it is just a 15 mins ride!
Checked into the hotel,the staff at the Reception were neither polite nor made us feel welcome.
The hotel is basically a chalet-like outfit, we were not given directions on how to get to our room,a little lost,luckily a very nice bellboy lead the way with our luggage..
To our horror, it is a smoking room with the cigarettes smell still lingering heavily in the air. After making a complaint, we finally got a clean non-smoking double room.
Time for a shower, there's no hair conditioner nor toothbrush, requested for har-conditioner from housekeeping, the lady on the phone said they don't have such service.
By then, our day was thoroughly spoilt!! After a long day of waiting for our flight to KL, searching for our hotel-pickup at the LCC Terminal, wasted more time searching for our room at the hotel, we had to go back to LCC Terminal to get hair conditioners,tooth brush and tooth paste before heading back to the hotel AGAIN! Luckily, we had friends locally who ferried us to and fro, even though we were supposed to meet for a simple dinner.Think of how much taxi fare we would have spent!!
At night,it was not as quiet as we would have expected, won't recommend this place for light sleepers. People checking in/out in the middle of the night often talked loudly along the corridor, the noise from the wheel of their luggages and trolleys continued throughout the night.
Complimentary buffet breakfast next day wasn't impressive, food had almost ran out by the time we arrived at 9.30am and were not replenished, choices of food were very limited.
The purpose of staying in this hotel was their close proximity to the airport as we had an early morning flight on the 8th. Given the price that we have paid, we would be able to stay at better quality hotels in the city centre with much better service from the staff, much better choices on the buffet table and we would definitely feel more welcomed, not to mention the fact that it will be a happier stay!
Oh,by the way, we made a few short local calls ,less than 10 minutes in all and it cost us more than RM15.It is awfully expansive!

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank snowmuncher
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We arrived at 10pm and had to leave at 6.30am the next day, so it was a short experience, but a very good one. It was very cheap, the rooms big, clean, with crispy clean linen on the big beds, a clean bathroom with all you needed to freshen up after and before travelling. It was very quiet, no airport noise at all. The breakfast buffet (included in the room price) started at 5am (!) and was one of the most lavish and varied ones I've ever seen! Absolutely delightful. I would stay here again when flying with those low budget airlines that arrive and depart at impossible times.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank zenwoman35
Melbourne
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Only stayed one night while in transit.
The hotel is clean, but nothing flash.
The paper thin walls of the hotel is the biggest concern

I landed at the low cost terminal, which is approx a 10min drive to the closest hotel area. You can buy a taxi ticket to the hotel for approx $45MYK.
(Note buy your taxi ticket from the boothes before you exit the arrivals halls).

Overall it surved its purpose as a transit hotel, saved me some money but overall would have paid more to stay at a hotel that was built more solid..

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Aussie_Traveller_AU
singapore
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We've stayed at the Concords a couple of times on trips through KL when we needed to catch early-morning flights out. For that purpose it's fine -- beds, shower, breakfast, nothing special but not bad.

But take note that if you're flying from the LCCT (low-cost carriers terminal) -- which is located a ways from KUL/KLIA -- it's actually not that close - a 20-min drive, maybe. (Apparently there's a new budget hotel called 'Tune' that's right next to the LCCT. We'll try that next time.)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family